When did you stop watching WWE, if you did?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
2009 was an awful time for WWE, imo. SmackDown had some nice things going on, and the Mysterio/Jericho stuff was really nice, but damn most of that shit was so bad.

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
Even as a kid, looking back at 2009 I really didn't get what they did or what they wanted to do. It all really sucked. I liked the HHH/Orton build as a kid and I actually really fondly remember the brawl in the house! It was dumb business, but the segment was really cool to me at the time.

Everything on RAW after WrestleMania 25 in '09 was the absolute worst. I never understood WWE comedy. I know people claim "it's for the kids", but as a kid (and being the funniest person I know), I thought everything was really really awful.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
For me it happens annually usually quickly after Summerslam I stop watching the weekly shows and then everything until the Rumble. I try not to every year but it just happens. But for some reason in the past few years now I can watch the weeklys legit and easier just on TV I somehow cba ?

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
50/50 booking. Not sure I can pinpoint it. I think there was a Cena Ryback where the PPV went one way, and then the next night on RAW it went the other way. Nothing matters. lol.

Reactions: IndyWrestler1

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
50/50 booking. Not sure I can pinpoint it. I think there was a Cena Ryback where the PPV went one way, and then the next night on RAW it went the other way. Nothing matters. lol.
WWE doesn't take a real chance on ANYBODY. Nothing matters because it all stays the same unfortunately.

Reactions: Koko B.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Even if you don't like Asuka, her development shows what is wrong with WWE.

They built her up as this scary and unstoppable force. Fans would chant "Asuka's gonna kill you." They took this incredible over 900 day undefeated streak, made her tap out at Mania and then completely destroy the mystique of her character.

They do this with everyone. It's why Adam Cole, Jonny Gargano, Tommassa Ciampa and others don't want to go to the main roster.

Honestly, they would be better off in AEW

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
Even if you don't like Asuka, her development shows what is wrong with WWE.

They built her up as this scary and unstoppable force. Fans would chant "Asuka's gonna kill you." They took this incredible over 900 day undefeated streak, made her tap out at Mania and then completely destroy the mystique of her character.

They do this with everyone. It's why Adam Cole, Jonny Gargano, Tommassa Ciampa and others don't want to go to the main roster.

Honestly, they would be better off in AEW
I really believe Cole, Gargano, Ciampa and those guys not wanting to go to the main roster is bullshit. However, they are the faces/identity of NXT at the moment and they need stars to combat AEW so the longer they stay, the better it is for WWE that they stay at the moment. You likely more than double your money working in main events on RAW/SD as compared to NXT.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I really believe Cole, Gargano, Ciampa and those guys not wanting to go to the main roster is bullshit. However, they are the faces/identity of NXT at the moment and they need stars to combat AEW so the longer they stay, the better it is for WWE that they stay at the moment. You likely more than double your money working in main events on RAW/SD as compared to NXT.

I actually think it's weirder when people go back to NXT like Finn Balor. It's supposed to be the developmental league

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
For me it happens annually usually quickly after Summerslam I stop watching the weekly shows and then everything until the Rumble. I try not to every year but it just happens. But for some reason in the past few years now I can watch the weeklys legit and easier just on TV I somehow cba ?
Yo lackin welcome back

• Love
Reactions: Lackin

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I actually think it's weirder when people go back to NXT like Finn Balor. It's supposed to be the developmental league
It's just another brand, at this point, marketed towards the 'mark' crowd. WWE loses sight of everything as soon as some money comes their way. I kinda hoped they'd actually create their own little territory-structure developmental league with NXT being the final step, but that's a little too small time for big boy WWE to try.

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
It's just another brand, at this point, marketed towards the 'mark' crowd. WWE loses sight of everything as soon as some money comes their way. I kinda hoped they'd actually create their own little territory-structure developmental league with NXT being the final step, but that's a little too small time for big boy WWE to try.
NXT UK is a complete joke as well. It was only made to combat World of Sports and is now just there to further penetrate a dead UK wrestling scene. Everything they do is a short-term thought.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Around about 2017-18 but strangly enough have been drawn back in by one of the reasons I switched off in the first place loved some of the work roman reigns has put in since siding with Paul haymen

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Around about 2017-18 but strangly enough have been drawn back in by one of the reasons I switched off in the first place loved some of the work roman reigns has put in since siding with Paul haymen
Holy shit! Holy shit! Gav fn Chav! Gav BACK (in 9th place in the championship)

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I've had two stopping points. First was in 2011, right between the New Nexus and the CM Punk mega run. I was just bored, the matches sucked, the stories sucked, everything sucked and I wasn't having it, so I left. I didn't pick it back up till 2015 with the return of Batista. I watched pretty religiously up until the Reigns Strowman HitC match where Lesnar interfered. With that I soft dropped it because of just how freaking stupid it was, it showed me WWE had no respect for me so much so that the megaboss ppv main event led to nothing. Soft drop means I stopped watching but still watched reviews and such. That was until HiaC Fiend vs Rollins one year later which was somehow worse, so I quit altogether. The last show I watched was the Rumble and it didn't entertain me enough to even soft pick it back up

I should specify HiaC is my favorite ppv, so having horrible finishes there really hurts, especially two years in a row.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I stopped watching consistently watching recently when they had ortons dumbass catch the fiend on fire and how poorly that match was booked. Fucking perfect example of stupid shit. Yeah, I get that he’s gonna come back “better” or whatever the fuck, but still horrible match and booking.

I’ve stopped watching here and there and stooped around when punk left. Bryan gave me some hope again for a while and that was fun, but idk, WWE is very stale and it takes them too long to realize what they actually have, like idk, having reigns as a mega heel.... he’s good at it, like we’ve all been fucking saying for years.