When Did You Start Watching TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
January 2005, there was an episode of Impact on 11pm Saturday night. My wife, (then girlfriend), decided to stay in and she enjoys wrestling too. The first wrestler on there when it came to Spike was AJ Styles. He was on the top of the ramp talking to Petey Williams and Chris Sabin about their upcoming Ultimate X match. I had no idea what that was so I bought the ppv and was hooked. Later that year Christian showed up, then Sting, then Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe emerged. TNA in 2005 and 2006 was a far superior in-ring product than WWE.

How long have you been watching?

...god...

Reaction score
Since one of my friends told me HALL/NASH were on it, so I was like holy shit I gotta check this out since I was wondering wtf happened to those two. Then yeah, noticed DDP and later Jeff Hardy was there too so I was pretty interested as to wtf these guys have been doing. If only TNA did that now and learned 2 promote their fucking names (not like they ever did before, besides Hogan).

str8edgepunk

Reaction score
I used watch it sometimes in 2004 but I started watching it full time after seeing Genesis 2005.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I actually started back in the PPV days. Not every week but every once in awhile I would order one when I first found out about TNA sometime in 2002 over the internet.

I didn't start watching it full time however until they were on FSN on Friday nights. When they started on FSN it was on when I was at school but when it was reaired I would watch it. So yeah, I've been watching since it's infancy.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Holy crap. I forgot that ICP was in TNA at one point lol.

Oddities> Anything that ICP did in wCw/WWE/TNA tbh. But when they were teamed up with Vampiro I thought it was pretty awesome.

Wordlife

Reaction score
Yeah that's what had me started with TNA, their whole random promos they made when they showed up were hilarious, I was like "wtf is this? A new wrestling business? Sweet!?!?!"

Since then, I haven't really missed a TNA show since.

LKP

Reaction score
Aug 2004 when i had the net really.... i watched a lot of 2002-03 stuff on the net to.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I stumbled upon TNA when iMPACT! first made it on FSN in late Spring/early Summer 2004. Jarret was fighting Monty Brown. Oh the good old days.

Reaction score
In 2002, but after I was watching RoH. I realized all of the awesomeness in RoH was going on in TNA as well, as for about 9 months the X division was the same product RoH was offering but just with an absurdly awful heavyweight division. But at that time RoH dvds were 20 clams and you could get two TNA PPVs live for the same price, so I probably ordered about 15 of the weekly PPVs, including the greatest TNA match ever, the Triple X-AMW cage match.

Things were awesome in the X division, the World X cup was fucking innovative, and SeX was a fun faction, about the only good Russo ever did in TNA. Hell, even Disco Inferno was a fun watch. But then there was the Jarrett show, jesus christ was that the biggest turn off I've ever felt in wrestling, ever. Jarrett just thought the world of himself and he just wasn't a big star, no matter how many times he was TNA and WCW champ. And then they started on Fox Sports and I sort of lost touch with the product at that time. Then Raven came in, then the flood gates opened up and the washups took away from the X division and minus the awesomeness that was Joe in 06-07, TNA has been alot more bad than good to me. But I've been there since the beginning, through the RoH divorce, through the Jarrett era, through the Dixie era. I've seen it all. Hopefully they can clean house of all the garbage, get a credible booker and actually spark a real competition, I really, really want to see that, despite what all of my thrashings of TNA make people believe. Maybe it's in all god awfulness of TNA that I find that they will never be able to compete and competition breeds quality and that lack of quality is what angers me. Either way I truly hope they can do something that they aren't. That'd be nice.

Reaction score
In latish 2004 I was at my mate's house, and we decided to look up just what in the fuck happened to Jeff Hardy, which of course, turned out to be TNA at the time. So he downloaded some matches off the internet, the first of which was Jeff Hardy vs. AJ Styles for the X Title (I think it was for the gold) where Kid Kash and Dallas (Lance Hoyt/Lance Rock/Vance Archer) ran in and ruined it. From there we downloaded what we could for the next year or so. I started to really follow the product when TNA got a Pay-Per-View deal over here in 2006, although I did watch casually for most of 2005 with my mate.