When did Stone Cold start using his famous theme songs ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'm talking about the "Hell Frozen Over" and the "I Won't Do What You Tell Me" versions which are basically the same thing but the older one is slower and his current one is a bit faster and less edgy. I'm aware Steve Austin was previously known as The Ringmaster and when I saw some old footage of him from when he won the King Of The Ring in 1996, he was already known as Stone Cold but he didn't have the "Hell Frozen Over" music yet he was still using his old Ringmaster music. I've seen footage from the Royal Rumble in 1997 via a DVD when Austin won it after he was already eliminated from the match by Bret Hart but he snuck back in and won because the referees didn't see him. Austin already has the "Hell Frozen Over" music at that time but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the first time he had it. Steve Austin still had that version of the song for a good chunk of 1998 too but did he start using "I Won't Do What You Tell Me" in 1999 or was that 1998 too ? I can't remember.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Hell Frozen Over debuted at In Your House: Buried Alive... against Triple H.. October of 1996, i believe.

Not sure what the other theme song is, i only remember his Glass Shatters theme song by Disturbed that debuted at Unforgiven 2000... not to mention all his crappy Alliance themes in 2001.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Not sure what the other theme song is, i only remember his Glass Shatters theme song by Disturbed that debuted at Unforgiven 2000... not to mention all his crappy Alliance themes in 2001.
The other one I was talking about is the one he uses now.