When A Gimmick Goes Too Far

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dairydude

Reaction score
I don't think it's a bad thing that Morrison is doing a poetry angle, as long as they don't let him have air time to read them out.
It's another quirk to give his character more depth and it's not as if he's running around proclaiming to be King of Kings or anything stupid like that

Trips V.2

Reaction score
Yeah, WWE's biggest returning guy going with a gimmick that's getting him WAY over. Completely stupid.

How could WWE stand to make more money off of marketing something marketable?

*cough* *cough*

reaction

Reaction score
half the people on this forum want to see people change there gimmick every week cos u all get board easily just cos John Morrison does a bit of poetry dosn't mean its gon to far Mark henry use to do poetry no1 complained then did they i like this John morrison

Markz

Reaction score
*Click, Click*

BOOM!

----------------

Seriously I hate out of control Gimmicks, hint, why I hate half of what WWE produces. Plus the only gimmick that catches on is the Undertaker one, so they should really learn that this doesn't work.

reaction

Reaction score
i bet if they changed morrisons gimmik to somtin new you wod complain bout them changing it even though u complain bout his current 1

monkeystyle

Reaction score
i bet if they changed morrisons gimmik to somtin new you wod complain bout them changing it even though u complain bout his current 1

To whom are you speaking? The general population?

Because I never once complained, I love it. Anything that pays homage to ol' Jimmy Morrison is a-ok with me, and he pulls it off decently.

Exxon

Reaction score
It's not a big deal. It's his character, as a hippie type guy.

The A-man

Reaction score
No matter how bad his "poetry" is, you can't deny the fact that ol' Johnny boy's a good wrestler to watch in action especially against the likes of CM Punk and even back during his Johnny Nitro days.

.....but I'm sure his "poems" will still suck.....

Reaction score
I really liked Johnny Nitro, and I don't see why they changed his gimmick. But I still think his new gimmick is good and he can pull it off. I really have no problem with the poetry. I like how this thread is called "when a gimmick goes too far". Have you ever watched WWE before? haha jk.