WHC Title Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

- The current plan is for Batista to become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion and defeat The Great Khali at SummerSlam. If Khali puts on a good show with his match against Batista the feud will continue into Unforgiven PPV. Their possible match at Unforgiven is reported to be a stipulation match.

Batista will remain the champion until Survivor Series or Armageddon and face Edge when he returns. Edge will become the new World Heavyweight Champion and defend his title against the Undertaker at WrestleMania 24 as previously reported.

Source: LordsofPain.net

I know Khali sucks, but to actually tell him that if he doesn't delivers in the main event matchup he is going to be dropped of the main event is a bit harsh. I mean, Batista and others don't always delivers but they are kept in the Main Event.

At least Edge is going to have another title run, even if it is short as I don't see him beating Undertaker, unless he cheats and gets DQ, mantaining the title and Taker's streak

PeepShow

^I very highly doubt that WM would end in a DQ. If that were to happen, I think they would lose many viewers. Then again, maybe not :g:

I dont see what the WWE sees in Batista. Hes way too old in age, and is just too stale in the title picture. I would rather see Khali as champ till Survior Series, than Batista, but thats just me

Defiant One

Reaction score
^I very highly doubt that WM would end in a DQ. If that were to happen, I think they would lose many viewers. Then again, maybe not :g:

I dont see what the WWE sees in Batista. Hes way too old in age, and is just too stale in the title picture. I would rather see Khali as champ till Survior Series, than Batista, but thats just me

I don't agree with Peep too often on matters pertaining to WWE but I agree 100% with him on this one. :nonono: lol I mean Batista is probably the most over=rated guy in WWE and I don't get why they push someone his age who has little skills, all he has is a physique. I say keep the title on Khali for awhile longer. Happy to see the Edge- Taker match may still happen at Mania.

Dairydude

Reaction score
I don't wanna see Batista as the champ
he lost alot of credibility as 'the animal' after his face turn, and right now I'm more into Khali as champ than Batista

Great One

It should go Khali --> Taker --> Edge, IMO, I hope Batista doesn't win at Summerslam.

xtremebadass

I have no clue how Batista will defeat "the claw" interesting news. Edge vs. Undertaker=ownage

Conc3pt

Reaction score
Good news, finally (I can't believe I'm saying this) Batista will get the title. I would really like to have Batista turn heel as he was a pretty decent one when he was with evolution.

Anyway, good news that Edge should be up and running in a few months.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
I have a feeling the SD! might just deliver. Although you could argue that Khali needs two men to carry him (literally), his match at GAB was probably his best so far. Wrestling wise, this match might pull *. Entertainment wise, ****.

But let's just wait and see...

Travis40

They really need to make this NO DQ so Batista can use weapons and make this interesting....instead of being heroic and fighting out of the claw to win the Title....I'm not so sure that he'll win....I'm picking Khali in this. I heard that plans changed and they are going back and forth...same with the IC Title match and the WWE Title match.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
so taker is giong to win the belt at wrestlmania? or is Taker actually willing to loose at mania? or is this story just a false rumor?

i think the third option is best...

as for khali/bastita niether of them should have the belt, put it on finlay that way there would be some good main event matches

Travis40

^ Agreed, he had a great match with William Regal and ______________, I think he could have some great matches with Flair, HHH, Kennedy, HBK, MVP, Matt Hardy, and many, many other people on the SmackDown roster. I see Finlay becoming World Champion around Mid 2008 and retiring around Mid 2009

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah right, maybe techincally but if you can sit there and tell me that you would buy Finlay vs Batista, Finlay vs Undertaker as a PPV Main Event with a straight face you have to be kidding me.

I really think Batista is going to win it at Summerslam, defend it in a gimmick match at Unforgiven against Khali, face Khali or Kane at No Mercy. Then at Survivor Series he might get thrown into a 5 vs 5 match, and then restart his feud with Edge, leading to Edge vs Undertaker match at Mania.

I can see Taker winning the title at Mania, and then continuing his feud with Edge leading to a Retirement vs Title Match with Edge winning

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
finliy is a hell of a lot more entertaining than mr. boo boo face and walking tree, like i said neither of them should be in the main event, and yeah i would pay for a finaly vs taker main event match, it would be a hell of a lot more entertaining than any sort of baitia or khali combination.

i mean seriously without finaly on the smackdown roster half of the good matches over the last year wouldn't have happened

Fatal 55

Reaction score
WWE wouldn't think of leaving Batista out of a title match at Mania!

IMO it will be a Triple Threat with Batista, Taker & Edge... Afterall, Batista & Taker have unfinished history...

Batista & Edge have unfinished history...

& so do Edge & Taker! Since Edge beat him for the title!

It's the perfect scenario! & Think how much the fans would buy into it... If they went that nuts over Batista Vs Taker @ Wrestlemania! Think about adding Edge into the equation!!!

You could have Taker Vs Edge for the Title @ No Way Out or Backlash... but a triple threat is the way to go for Mania IMO!

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Nooo bad news, Great Khali should defiantly hold the title for awhile and then lose it to a an upcommer which will cement his place in the Main Event then drop the belt to Edge so he can feud with Taker.
In my opinion losing the belt to Batista is a waisted opportunity.