What's your stance on Polygamy?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I thought about asking this after I saw the thread regarding homophobics. Multiple partners marriage seems to be an issue that's almost never defended or even discussed(at least on the place i'm from), even though the arguments regarding the legalization of plural marriage comes from the same principles as same-sex marriage. So, saying that, what's your general stance on polygamy? should it be legal? Is it really that wrong?

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
If all parties involved are happy with their situation then it's all good.

Too many people feel the need to be offended by things that have no affect on their lives. As long as it causes no harm to people then what exactly is the problem?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I agree with Majour. If one dude has 4 wives and all 5 people are happy, more power to them IMO. Makes not a difference in my life. Personally I'd want to kill myself with just one wife though.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
I actually have some experience with this. One of the best relationships I was ever in was a fourway relationship. It wasn’t long term, of course, but it was a blast while it lasted.

Also, my current girlfriend was married when I met her, and for a while she stayed with her husband while seeing me. She wanted to be completely sure about herself before making any permanent changes to her family.

But neither of those were true poly relationships. The fourway relationship was just something we fell into, and my girlfriend always knew she’d have to choose between me or her husband. Firstly, she was a latent homosexual who was always going to have to leave him eventually, and secondly, the idea of having both of us just didn’t appeal to her. Or me. Or even him. It was something we discussed, all three of us, but none of us actually wanted it.

So, that’s what I think. Poly relationships can be great, and even practical in some cases, but it all depends on the circumstances and the people involved.

That said, I’m not sure how long term a poly relationship could be. True love may not even exist, but if it does, I doubt it could exist between more than two people.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
That said, I’m not sure how long term a poly relationship could be. True love may not even exist, but if it does, I doubt it could exist between more than two people.
That may be true, but I think not allowing these people to share their belongings legally with one another just because you don't believe on their conception of love is a douchy thing to do.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Relationships something I cannot comprehend(because I think money>being in love). That being said, I only tried a three way relationship once. It was pretty random lol, we all just wanted to try it since the three of us did like each other. It pretty much broke apart, one became Christian and the other just disappeared.

That being said, if the people in the relationship are happy and can manage that lifestyle, that's their thing. I don't really care what people do as long as they're not killing or raping people(hey the government rapes us and it's legal). Seriously, some laws are just fucking stupid.

Muur

The Artiste
Reaction score
I suppose if they're all happy it's fine. Would be hard to imagine someone being happy with it but if that's what you're into then fair game.

Being married then marrying someone else without prior knowing of the wives is a different ball game though.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
1 headache is better than multiple headaches... but if you have enough aspirin then feel free to have all the headaches you want to.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I think its up to the people involved in said relationship and thats all that really fucking matters

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I really don't give a shit, like others said, people can do whatever the hell they want.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'd probably never want to be in a relationship if there was another man involved, and certainly not a marriage where I'd be forced to share a bed with another dude, but I HAVE been infatuated with more than one female at a time to the point where you could call it "being in love." So I can personally attest to the fact that it's possible to be romantically in love with more than one person at the same time. Whether it's possible to make such a relationship work is a different story. I think, for the most part, jealousy issues might come into play eventually, and even if all parties are OK with it at first, there's a good chance that sooner or later, someone's gonna become dissatisified with the whole arrangement. (The same problem exists with open relationships, which is hardly any different than polygamy when you get down to it.)

I generally don't care what people do, and if anything, polygamy will likely become a much more accepted thing in the future given that morals and ethics are a constantly evolving process, and sexual ethics specifically are one of the most evolving and ever-changing form of ethics that there are.

Reactions: Ovaldinho

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'd probably never want to be in a relationship if there was another man involved, and certainly not a marriage where I'd be forced to share a bed with another dude, but I HAVE been infatuated with more than one female at a time to the point where you could call it "being in love." So I can personally attest to the fact that it's possible to be romantically in love with more than one person at the same time. Whether it's possible to make such a relationship work is a different story. I think, for the most part, jealousy issues might come into play eventually, and even if all parties are OK with it at first, there's a good chance that sooner or later, someone's gonna become dissatisified with the whole arrangement. (The same problem exists with open relationships, which is hardly any different than polygamy when you get down to it.)

I generally don't care what people do, and if anything, polygamy will likely become a much more accepted thing in the future given that morals and ethics are a constantly evolving process, and sexual ethics specifically are one of the most evolving and ever-changing form of ethics that there are.
don't be a smurf.
I actually have some experience with this. One of the best relationships I was ever in was a fourway relationship. It wasn’t long term, of course, but it was a blast while it lasted.

Also, my current girlfriend was married when I met her, and for a while she stayed with her husband while seeing me. She wanted to be completely sure about herself before making any permanent changes to her family.

But neither of those were true poly relationships. The fourway relationship was just something we fell into, and my girlfriend always knew she’d have to choose between me or her husband. Firstly, she was a latent homosexual who was always going to have to leave him eventually, and secondly, the idea of having both of us just didn’t appeal to her. Or me. Or even him. It was something we discussed, all three of us, but none of us actually wanted it.

So, that’s what I think. Poly relationships can be great, and even practical in some cases, but it all depends on the circumstances and the people involved.

That is a very realistic approach

Let's be honest, these things are never planned on outside of shitty TV movies/shows, but it does happen. Happiness needs no definition as long as honesty is the main source of trust. I had a girl I fell for hard who let me know our dating was short term. Because of that I slept with her friend (not the only reason but was a temptation I failed to turn down) and she forgave me. The day she left tbh was the hardest day of my life, and i'm still yet to recover while she (the one who you would expect to be hurt) has a significant other who is apparently great for her. So is life.

You don't choose how people change your life, you only control how your reaction effects your future.

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
The only thing about it that makes me wonder is what effect it would have on children if they had multiple mothers/fathers