• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What's the preferred way for your favorite sports team to lose?

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
I saw this on another forum and thought it was an excellent question to ask you guys

Whether you follow professional, college, or youth sports, what is your preferred way to lose?

Blowout- Whether the other team is better, your team just isn't getting "bounces", you're just blown out and there's no doubt about the outcome.
Can't score at the end- everything is setup for last second heroics, but the team can't pull it off.
Can't stop the other team at the end- other team scores on a "last second" play and your certain victory changes to defeat in a heartbeat

Sorry, no "other" in this case

I mean all of these options are crappy but if I HAD to choose, it would be a blowout, because if you can't score on the last possession or you can't stop the other team on their last possession, that's heartbreaking as a fan. At least in a blowout, you know all is lost and can watch another game.

BSE

As an Alabama football fan, the one loss that hurt the most was the blowout loss to Clemson in the 2018-19 NCG

44-16. I’ll never ever understand it.

Edit - my preferred way to lose would be failing to score at the end

Last edited:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Definitely blowout for me. A loss is a loss, essentially. Albeit, some more demoralizing than others. But having the opportunity to win at the end of the game and having it slip through your fingers is the worst, whether it be because you couldn't get that final score to take the lead or because you let the opponent score at the end of the game to steal the W.