• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What's the Best WWE PPV of 2017?

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Including NXT, Brooklyn III without a doubt, without NXT, it's way harder. I'm going to give it to Hell in a Cell. It had the best Hell in a Cell match I've ever seen (keep in mind I became a fan in 06), a slow yet heart pumping main event, a great US Title match, a good women's title match with an okay ending, a WWE Title match that had my friends and I (sans one) cracking up, and admittedly two shitty matches. The Usos v New Day match however, eight stars, balanced out the filth

Crash

Reaction score
TLC, Great Balls Of Fire...
[doublepost=1511823322][/doublepost]Oh also, just an idea but we should make this a poll?

Reaction score
I'm going to go with NXT Takeover : Chicago or War Games!

Chicago started off with a great starter match with lots of drama between Strong and Young and had a good ending.
The UK Championship debut match on NXT was a game changer in my eyes and I have to put it there as my 'current' match of the year, great action, great story and great championship win for Pete Dunne.
The Triple Threat woman's match was decent but lacked in action.
The Roode vs Itami match was a very good match considering how short it was compared to what we were thinking.
And to top it all of the Tag Team Championship Ladder Match was simply amazing with most of the things done, except for the ladder not breaking at one point it was an amazing match, especially the German Suplex through the ladder, and to top off the amazing match we had a brilliantly planned heel turn in Ciampa attacking Gargano creating a rivalry we all want to see happen.

War Games on the other hand had a crappy start with the Sullivan vs Ohno match but then started to pick up from there.
The Velveteen Dream vs Aliester Black match was an amazing stepping stone for both Black and Dream, and I loved the kick outs and the drama in the match aswell and loved the finish after the match of Black finally saying Velveteen's name.
The Fatal 4 Way match had so many false finishes and was filled with excitement throughout the match having spots where we thought every competitor was going to win, and ended with a deserving win for Ember Moon.
The NXT Championship match was to die for with the amount of good moves involved in it was simply a true wrestling match, and I don't know if you's notice how good Almas is but what a show and a shock but deserving championship win for Almas.
And finally, what is their not to say about that War Games match, 9 great talents, with probably most of their matches of their careers so far, an expected win for The Undisputed Era though but my man of the match was Killian Dain, for the size the man is he is simply incredible in the ring.

NXT is killing it.

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Might get blasted for this, but here goes:

Triple H vs Seth Rollins at Wrestlemania.

There, I said whatcha gonna do about it?

I grew up a huge HHH fan. The attitude era was in full swing throughout my younger years, and HHH was one of my favorites. And I liked how he evolved in the post DX/Attitude Era also.

I know he’s not popular on here now for his influence in the corporate aspect of the company, but I still love him. He made Rollins look like a bad ass in that match and I commend him for it.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
Might get blasted for this, but here goes:

Triple H vs Seth Rollins at Wrestlemania.

There, I said whatcha gonna do about it?

I grew up a huge HHH fan. The attitude era was in full swing throughout my younger years, and HHH was one of my favorites. And I liked how he evolved in the post DX/Attitude Era also.

I know he’s not popular on here now for his influence in the corporate aspect of the company, but I still love him. He made Rollins look like a bad ass in that match and I commend him for it.

I don't remember watching the Triple H vs. Seth Rollins PPV. Is that like a In Your House gimmick on the network?

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I don't remember watching the Triple H vs. Seth Rollins PPV. Is that like a In Your House gimmick on the network?

Maybe I should rephrase. My favorite PPV this year was Wrestlemania 33. Mainly because of the culmination of The Seth Rollins vs Triple H feud with the “unsanctioned” match between the two.

Stephanie taking a bump into a table was a major plus also.

Reactions: Ryan Blade

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
Maybe I should rephrase. My favorite PPV this year was Wrestlemania 33. Mainly because of the culmination of The Seth Rollins vs Triple H feud with the “unsanctioned” match between the two.

Stephanie taking a bump into a table was a major plus also.

Table bump was pretty cool.

It just sucks that whenever she takes a bump, it's cause of Triple H. He's gotta fuck up. It's never somebody intentionally hitting her, it always has to be by accident. Complete bullshit.

If you don't want a man hitting a woman on the show, don't have a woman degrade men every week. Now I'm getting heated and idk why