What's the Best WWE PPV of 2017?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
So last night one of my friends asked me what I thought has been the best WWE PPV this year. I got to thinking and thought it'd be a good discussion topic for the forum. Both NXT and WWE are included.

Below are links to the match cards/results of each PPV event. Of course, at the time of this originally being posted, Clash of Champions hasn't taken place yet. However, I doubt that's going to be PPV of the Year for anybody.

NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn has my vote.
Cien vs. Gargano was very, very good and was a joy to watch.
Aleister Black vs. Hideo Itami was great to watch. It was just two dudes beating the hell out of each other.
Asuka vs. Ember is possibly my favorite women's match that I've ever seen.
Drew McIntyre vs. Roode wasn't the best, but it was an average match with an ending that was pretty good.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Are we counting Network specials? Because if so Night 2 of the UK tournament for me. Couldn't have been done better.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Based on what I can remember and overall ratings (my own), I would say Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble did the best this year.
I don't watch all the PPVs and mostly just read recaps and breakdowns.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the Royal Rumble...but I have to be
honest and say I really liked Elimination Chamber...

~ 3 women's matches on the card...
~ Every tag team getting a run...
~ Naomi & Bray both finally winning the top titles...
~ Orton vs. Harper was highly entertaining...
&
~ The Chamber match itself involved 6 guys I
all really like...yes...I actually don't mind Cena.

It was the last SmackDown pay per view that
felt special and still carried some of the excitement
and creativity over from 2016.

Of course the event could have been even better
with the first women's Elimination Chamber...but
hopefully RAW will book that next year.

I will state that I will be doing a full "year in review"
piece in late December going over all my highs &
lows throughout this year...so I'll save my other
opinions until then.

Reactions: Solid Snake

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
No...No...No...

Asuka crushing 5 people in the chamber...while
Alexa hides like the heel coward she is.

Yes please...
......wouldn't that make 7 people in the chamber?

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
No...Alexa wouldn't even be in the match as the winner of the
Elimination Chamber would be challenging her at Wrestlemania.

Hence the "hiding" like a coward...

Think Reag...Think...

In fairness, when talking about an Elimination Chamber match and somebody hiding, it's implied that said person who is hiding is in the match.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
think, grievous, think..... :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:
Well...in my defense...its not like you can really hide in an Elimination Chamber match...
your locked in a see-through cell for a certain amount of time until its opened.

So you literally can't hide at all...so...my wording does work in some regard...but
I'm not going to argue about that.

I'm busy looking at pictures of Aeromorphs...

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they did fairly well with their big 4 this year because they tend to make those the ones most people usually have their problems with, but with so many brand specific PPVs, the big 4 feel even bigger now
  • The rumble already had big time feel to it with matches like Reigns/Owens, Cena/Styles and Taker/Goldberg/Lesnar being in the rumble in general. Yea, Orton winning the rumble wasn't the best choice looking back at it, but storyline wise it made sense for him to go up against Bray and it also ended with a huge pop, so it's cool.
  • Mania had a bunch of good matches such as Styles/Shane, Goldberg/Lesnar, the Raw tag title match with the return of the year with the Hardys but also great moments like Cena proposing to Nikki, Charlotte doing that corkscrew thingy off the top, Seth Rollins finally closing a huge chapter of his career and Taker somewhat retiring (still not sure about that one)
  • Summerslam already started off hot from the pre-show on with the Usos and New Day having one of their classics, The 2-man Shield having their long awaited tag title victory after a great match, Styles and Owens having their best match out of their feud and on top of that, a great main event. Even a match like Balor/Wyatt was pretty decent.
  • And now, we just had Survivor Series so I don't really have to give you a rundown of it but it's also a really good PPV, if not even the best out of the 4.
TakeOvers were all really good as usual, just not as impactful as these main roster PPVs, so I'll just mention them real quick here

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Royal Rumble for me definitely. The rumble match itself wasn't the greatest, especially with number 30 turning out to be, well you know who. But aside from that, everything else on the show was perfect for me. This is only including the main roster shows, if I were to include NXT, War Games would be number 1 easily.