What's Next For The Phenomenal One?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
As we all know after losing Christopher Daniels at Final Resolution, AJ Styles made a statement on 13 December Impact Wrestling, saying that he would do "His own thing" but from then he made no appearance.

So AJ will return possibly. AJ has not won TNA World Heavyweight Championship for 3 years and this year he had his worst year in his career without a doubt. He had Clair affair, he accused of banging Dixie Carter in storyline, he lost Daniels in Final Battle, I think it wasn't the Final Battle. Do you think will AJ return? If he will, will he rise back to the top? What will he do after he returns?

In my opinion of course he will return. He hadn't won the title in last 3 years. The only reason for me that a talent like him didn't won that title was just because he and WWE had rumors which happened I think. AJ is the biggest star of this company and he is Mr. TNA, no one on the roster has bigger loyalty to TNA, not even Sting. When he will return, he may have a last run against Daniels, as Daniels and Kaz kept mocking him later on, and then he will go for the World Heavyweight Title.

Wish he had won the X-Division title and he cash it in for World Title, in that time Daniels would have it and then they will face each other again. But it's not much possible.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
If I remember storylines which doesn't really matter because TNA changes them to their liking all the time. He couldn't turn in the X Title for a title shot because he's ineligible for a title shot past that time. Plus is Dest X even a PPV anymore?

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
If I remember storylines which doesn't really matter because TNA changes them to their liking all the time. He couldn't turn in the X Title for a title shot because he's ineligible for a title shot past that time. Plus is Dest X even a PPV anymore?

Nope but they can make him use in that time. Also I think that rule won't happen. He will get a title shot until BFG 2013. This is TNA.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Where is AJ going? Down the toilet. Even his matches weren't that good this past year and the Clair Lynch storyline was ridiculous. Kaz and Daniels carried the whole thing for me. As for AJ not appearing on Impact recently. Well, I can't say I care. What would be there for him to do? Get mixed into the Aces & 8s storyline? Please, just don't let that happen. Although I can see him returning soon. It's obvious that at LockDown there will be a TNA vs. As&8s match. As&8s take out somebody from TNA before the match and there's one spot left when BOOM! Here comes AJ as a surprise entrant and helps TNA win (or joins As&8s. You never know, it's TNA).

I used to be a fan of his, he sure is great but he's past his prime already. He should get one last run as the TNA Champion but I think it won't happen in less then two years. The best way for him to go out would be as the champ. TNA could do that sorta thing WWE did with Trish Stratus. Give AJ one final match, let him win the title and go out in a positive light. Or just give him a good lenghty reign before he retires.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't think AJ is THAT old to be retiring right now.

I think AJ is incredible in the ring, on the mic he's not the best. But he's always been a fan favourite. I think he'll get a few titles before he retires. I think it's a good idea for him to be gone for a little while as TNA hasn't had much for him in a long time.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm excited or afraid but I could totally see him eventually be revealed as the Master Mind behind Aces and 8s. He had fallen out of the title picture and was falsely accused of the whole Claire lynch thing and he said at the end of his last appearance:

"I've spent so much time being a corporate guy and I've forgotten about A.J. Styles... this has everything to do with AJ Styles..... I'm tired of always doing the right thing, from now on I'm going to be doing my own thing."

Plus without a title shot to October it would be a good way to pass his time. I've just never liked him as a heel but then again he's never been a serious one either.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
If AJ is the master mind of Aces & Eights, I'm going to lose my last piece of hope for TNA.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
If AJ is the master mind of Aces & Eights, I'm going to lose my last piece of hope for TNA.

I've heard worse ideas actually. Whether he could carry that role on the mic is a different matter.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't see him being revealed as the leader of Aces and Eights, it seems like they are heading in the Bully Ray direction with that and AJ just wouldn't work as leader of that group. His weakness is his mic work so it wouldn't be a good fit. I could see him going heel for a bit since he is now just looking out for himself but I see him being a lone wolf rather than working with a group or any other wrestler.

Wouldn't be the worst idea to put him back in the X Division yet again to use that as a way to try to gain another title shot.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So he was featured on TNA this week. His Wife and friend of 30 years were interviewed at his home and they were talking about how this wasn't the AJ they knew and that the Claire Lynch saga and everything really affected him.

He then showed up in the house looking like a total bum with messed up hair and bum beard. He left the house after saying "You guys just don't get it do you" and rode away on a motorcycle. Was the use of the motorbike signalling his future reveal of an Ace's & Eight's member or was it just a red herring to get people talking or just nothing at all.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
So he was featured on TNA this week. His Wife and friend of 30 years were interviewed at his home and they were talking about how this wasn't the AJ they knew and that the Claire Lynch saga and everything really affected him.

He then showed up in the house looking like a total bum with messed up hair and bum beard. He left the house after saying "You guys just don't get it do you" and rode away on a motorcycle. Was the use of the motorbike signalling his future reveal of an Ace's & Eight's member or was it just a red herring to get people talking or just nothing at all.

Good point actually.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score

I'm not sure if I'm excited or afraid but I could totally see him eventually be revealed as the Master Mind behind Aces and 8s. He had fallen out of the title picture and was falsely accused of the whole Claire lynch thing and he said at the end of his last appearance:

"I've spent so much time being a corporate guy and I've forgotten about A.J. Styles... this has everything to do with AJ Styles..... I'm tired of always doing the right thing, from now on I'm going to be doing my own thing."

My response isn't any different than it was then. Since it looks like he won't be the mastermind, I really can't say I'm excited if he is just another member so I hope it's a swerve.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Very lazy from them, this has been done so many times with guys who have been in a company for years and are more often than not used as babyfaces. It is mostly done for shock factor, but tends to have very little.