• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Whats going on with Alex Shelley?

chessarmy

I don't get what TNA is doing with Alex Shelley right now. First, he disrespects Mick Foley numerous times on iMPACT! and now he looks like a dumbass and loses basically all his credibility by wearing that Turkey Suit. Is he a heel now? I thought he was babyface? Wouldn't it make more sense to put the Turkey Suit on Sheik Abdul Bashir since he's a mega heel and the fans would actually want to see it. Instead, you ruin Alex Shelley's momentum, make him look like a complete joke buy putting that suit on (and taking 56 minutes to do it) and then you have Mick Foley beat the shit out of him, WITH the Turkey Suit on!! I don't get it, is TNA blatantly trying to bury the guy? What do they even have planned for Shelley?

comicgeekelly

They don't have anything planned for Shelley. TNA has wasted the talent of the Guns for a long time now. The Guns need to leave TNA if they ever want to not be buried.

Montana

What?!?

Alex Shelly is the best thing on Impact these days. Why should he take orders from AJ/Joe. He's basically teasing a heel turn, with the turkey suit, being something that could finally set him over the edge. I didnt catch the end of impact, but im pretty sure 3D is on with the frontline. You will likely see them either doublecross the frontline, or the MCMG join the MEM (as there bitches, kinda)

I think its interesting, basically doing a shoot ever interview.

-TJ-

Don't look at this as TNA treating Alex bad. If you can see closely they are hinting a heel turn for Alex. By the looks of it, they might be trying to break MCMG up. Sabin grows respect for Foley, but Alex doesn't because of the turkey suit and all that shit.

Hometown Kid

This is so stupid on many levels...I agree that they're not burying him completely but they've pretty much buried the Guns for 8 months and now they've botched a heel turn once (yeah slapping BG James just got them cheered. >_>) And now they're trying to kill them or go with some kind of double cross which is just :n:. It should have just been AJ, Joe and the Guns to begin with. This whole thing went down as soon as Lethal and 5 other guys walked down that ramp.

Didn't Sabin and Shelley get on TNA's bad side a few months back by going to an indy show after TNA staff told them not to? As I recall, they were getting a strong push up till that point, and since then, TNA has done everything it can possibly do to make the Guns look as bad as possible. I have this haunting feeling that the Guns feel that TNA is about as good as they can do currently (even though I disagree), and continue to take their lumps in order to get back on TNA management's good side.

I agree that it should have been Joe, AJ, and the Guns as the frontline. Joe and AJ obviously don't need that big push as they are just as huge as most of the MEM currently. However, if done well, the Guns would get a huge boost from this setup. Having 15 people (I exaggerate a bit) as the frontline doesn't really do much for any of them if you ask me. Another booking blunder if you ask me.

Regarding the Turkey suit...why don't we just stop putting people in any kind of suit and focus on quality wrestling. TNA has some great talent that can really get it done in the ring. If they would streamline their product a bit, I think it would really take them to the next level.

Axis

They don't have anything planned for Shelley. TNA has wasted the talent of the Guns for a long time now. The Guns need to leave TNA if they ever want to not be buried.

That's a hilariously Blue thing to say. How could you possibly know what TNA has planned for Alex Shelley?