What would you like to see in 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
Pretty simple thread, what would you like to see tna do in 2012. (other than shutting down)

- Build one super face, and stick with them. Joe, AJ, RVD, Crimson. No more half ass pushes.

- Reunite the Hardy Boys. Call me crazy, but if tna is going to employ Jeff, they might as well hire Matt and just keep them on the lower card. Help put over some of the younger teams.

- Continue roster improvements.

- Do something better than the WWE and stick with it.

- end some of the legends careers, and use them in other ways to help get other the younger talent.

Airfixx

Reaction score
*Ditch the pension-eers.
*Stop pretending to care about the X-div... Either do something with it or get a proper mid-card title.
*Cut back on the stroyline crap and focus on showing some quality matches from week to week (the drop in match quality in TNA in the last 18 months or so has been astounding.)
*Wake up to the fact that the short-lived glory days of the tag-division are over.

nation

Reaction score
another show. that is all.

Pretty much. The roster is way too huge for only one show. Who gives a shit if it will increase work load, put it on Tuesday or Saturday and it will do okay.

Guys like Williams, Lynn(still employed?), Dinero, etc really need TV time. The show would be really useful for giving OVW and independent stars tryouts, giving guys time who need experience and personally I'd like it to be more about backstage like Reaction was, don't spend much time on storylines and increase the wrestling.

Pavitar

Reaction score
I honestly want to see TNA finally breaking the 2.0 rating mark soon, or somethiing very close to it. The company grows more every year, and the faster it does, the better it is for the pro wrestling industry.

Reaction score
Young talent that actually doesn't suck besides Storm and I'm not talking about "omg, they are goodz in the ring but suck at everything else" like AJ and commit to them. Not like Matt Morgan where they push him for awhile, realize he is absolute shit, stick him with another wasted push, break them up and repeat the cycle. TNA's "young" talent just doesn't compare to WWE's right now, bad booking, poor direction and little commitment and the fact they just aren't as talented.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
You're way off about AJ, Enzo. 3 years ago i'd have agreed, but honestly, he knows who his character is right now so well, I'd say he's one of the most consistently good talkers in TNA right now. Even though i'd say his ringwork has dropped substantially since then.

I think another show would be a good idea, but either way they HAVE to slow down their booking, and make more things seem like they matter, rather than push a dozen different things per show at 100 mph.

Joe: PUSH HIM.
RVD needs to go, a lot of older guys need to, but Sting at least tries, RVD is unmotivated and it shows.
Bring in more international talent! They have deals with AAA and New Japan, WHY isn't anybody working in TNA, the indys suck and their young guys suck. If you get a bunch of supreme wrestlers and let them wrestle, it turns heads. Especially if they bring in another "Big name" people can turn in for the name, but they won't jet after one show if there's true action that's different than what WWE can offer. (Nitro effect)

...god...

Reaction score
what do you think of Roode/Storm btw?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Storm's fuckin' awesome. If there's one guy besides Joe and maybe MCMG when they're healthy that i'd back if I owned the company and wanted to make money it'd be him. He's solid in the ring, but i'd put his mic skills up against anybody not named Rock in either company.

I love the way they're booking Roode, and they've got something with him. He's probably a little better wrestler than Storm, but his promos leave a bit to be desired as far as i'm concerned. His aura as champion reminds me a lot of when Trips first became champ in '99...if he gets that classic, Cactus Jack style feud, he could be someone that can make a big difference in a positive way to whatever company he's in.

It was stupid on SO many levels they made them feud so quickly and pointlessly. I think they tried to abort after they realized how dumb it was, but the damage was done. D:

...god...

Reaction score
ya, Storm is amazing and Roode is definitely finding his own in the last few weeks. He's truly better as a heel.

Reaction score
Funny how you mention that Roode needs a "HHH-Cactus type" feud. Might as well turn Angle face for the fiftieth time and have Roode be the one to bury him. I mean just bury the fuck out of him. He has nothing left to offer this company, he will never draw money for them (never has, never will) and the rub would really help Roode. Wrestling fans in general are starting to accept the new talent, both in WWE and TNA after years of force feeding established main eventers and yester-year's top names. Time to do the same thing (force feeding) with fresh faces and start burying the guys who have nothing left to offer but some name value and a rub, just like the E did with Greg Valentine, Snuka, DiBiasie and the like back in the early 90's.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
If TNA is going to do another show, they need a live show. The taped shit really kills the entire brand imo... it hurt the product, hurts the fan reactions to have to refilm shit over and over, and the piping in of crowd noise (although all do it I suppose) really harms the product on tv as well.