What will happen to Evan Bourne when he returns?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I hope he gets jobbed out for months and laughed off TV by Ace, Trips or McMahon and goes back to struggling in the Indies.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
WWE's website has a new video up with Evan Bourne, discussing his career before WWE. In the video, Bourne talks about wrestling across the world as Matt Sydal before making it to WWE where he debuted on ECW against Shelton Benjamin. Bourne said he will get to the top by going for the WWE United States Title first.

Evan Bourne will be cleared to return to WWE in the middle of March once his 60 day suspension for his second wellness policy violation has been served.

So apparently he thinks he's got something to do in WWE. I'd be shocked if he even gets squashed by someone holding a title.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
I doubt we'll see Evan Bourne in a WWE ring again. If he does make it back like others have stated before he can fully expect a squash fest on his part.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I see nothing in the guy, he can't cut a promo for shit and his reaction would be crickets if he was a singles wrestler. Hope he gets squashed then future endeavored.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Here is the link; WWE "Exclusive interview with Evan Bourne about his road to WWE" | Video | February 18, 2012

Note that it was actually posted on the 18th of February so it was done in the middle of his most recent suspension. It is a really good interview, a tad on the short side but it gets the point across. The fact that WWE posted that on their website makes me think that they do have plans to bring him back on television otherwise why would you put this time and effort into it. Seeing the highlights reminded me of how much I liked WWE ECW, still can't believe they dropped that show in favour of NXT.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Apparently he's been edited back into the Raw opening, so he looks like he may be getting 1 more chance when he returns from his suspension.

Deuce

Reaction score
I can see him getting buried.. but other than that, a Heel turn.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He is someone that I really can't see as a heel. I don't know if it is because of his moveset or because he is so small or what but I can only ever see him as a face.

Vivido

Reaction score
He is someone that I really can't see as a heel. I don't know if it is because of his moveset or because he is so small or what but I can only ever see him as a face.

Who's to say he's not capable of changing his move-set post turn?

Never knock it till you have seen it, because in the wonderful world of pro wrestling you just never know.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

I'd guess it's because he has no character. He's really got no on screen personality the only person I've ever seen devoid of emotion and a face is Orton and he really doesn't feel like a face to me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Who's to say he's not capable of changing his move-set post turn?

Never knock it till you have seen it, because in the wonderful world of pro wrestling you just never know.

It would only work if he didn't do the SSP as a finisher, that move will always pop the crowd. It could happen but I just can't see it happening after watching him in WWE for a few years.

Vivido

Reaction score
It would only work if he didn't do the SSP as a finisher, that move will always pop the crowd. It could happen but I just can't see it happening after watching him in WWE for a few years.

Easy enough for him to stop using it, hell as a heel he could tease doing it to create heat, that's one thing he could do at least.

I struggle to see him as a heel to, but you just never know.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
He will Tag Team with Yoshi Tatsu in dark matches or job to the NXT guys.