What was the best storyline?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
What was the best storyline?

and why?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Austin/McMahon instantly springs to mind, I suppose. Out of the ones I've watched though I think I'd say Jericho/HBK. Also really enjoyed JBL/HBK, that was entertaining.

Lackin

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
also some good ones are -

Orton - HHH (Mcmahons)

Matt - Jeff

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Angles count too? Backlund's heel run in '94 was great from what I've seen.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
To me, watching reruns because it interested me so much was the Stone Cold feud with McMahon and then I think it led to a feud with the Rock at some Wrestlemania if I'm correct. If I'm wrong feel free to correct, can't remember it well atm.

Lackin

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
the stone cold feud was awesome

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
There's too many great ones to list them all, but two of my favorites is Austin/McMahon and Austin/Bret. No coincidence that they both contain my favorite of all time, Austin. Austin/Vince is an obvious choice. Austin/Bret was also magical. Austin was the perfect enemy for Bret, not to mention the awesome double turn at WM13 and Bret's heel turn the next night that had some reality to it. And say what you will about Bret never drawing, but Raw's ratings went up in the summer of 1997 when Bret won the belt. I know Austin was getting bigger but Bret and the Hart Foundation angle was a hot angle and I think contributed, especially since Austin got injured around this time.

If we count WCW, then the NWO storyline, of course. Not to nitpick it or anything, but it no doubt got bloated overtime, but up until March/April 1997, it was perfectly booked for the most part. Things started to annoy me little by little after that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
NWO & eventually the build for Hogan/Sting was the best thing I've ever seen in wrestling by a country mile.

Saddlerrad

Jobber
Reaction score
Austin/HHH early 2001, before it all culminated in that 3 stages of hell match....and then the 2 man power trip.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Danielson said:
MInistry of Darkness was my favorite.

WHY????????? THEY HUNG AUSTIN ON FREAKIN TAKER CROSS

Ministry Taker is the most badass wrestling character ever. EVER.