What unpopular opinions do you have?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Frozen is an awful movie that deserves to be banned from all countries.

The Showstopper1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Most "religious" people seem to blindly follow church and the bible, but I've never gone to church and don't read the bible. I think if you are going to believe in god you should form your own beliefs and opinions, not somebody else's.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I sort of think suicidal people should be left to kill themselves. I realize mental disorders and the like, but IMO that is a bit of Darwinism shining through. Having suicidal thoughts? Jump into an incinerator. I don't have those types of thoughts, so I'll just be over here continuing to live, thanks. I think people should have the right to die, if they truly want to.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I sort of think suicidal people should be left to kill themselves. I realize mental disorders and the like, but IMO that is a bit of Darwinism shining through. Having suicidal thoughts? Jump into an incinerator. I don't have those types of thoughts, so I'll just be over here continuing to live, thanks. I think people should have the right to die, if they truly want to.

That's definitely unpopular.....but I agree with you.

And I've had suicidal thoughts. I just haven't acted on them.

wk

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
That's definitely unpopular.....but I agree with you.

And I've had suicidal thoughts. I just haven't acted on them.

wk
Yea, I've never brought up this opinion without having a few people take it personal. Its not like depression is something I've never dealt with. My aunt who I was close with growing up suffered from depression and shot herself and it was a miserable time in my life, but ultimately if she had strong enough thoughts going on often enough that she felt killing herself was the solution, that is her choice and one that only she was capable of making. Nobody has the right to tell someone they should be forced to continue living.

People say suicide is selfish, but IMO the people who, if they had it there way, would force these suicidal people to continue living against their will are the truly selfish ones. I know a handful of people who are "suicidal" or have attempted/failed suicide, and they are now pilled out of their heads and go through life as an emotionless carcass, and it is sad to see. If someone chooses taking their own life in lieu of living that hollow existence, I don't think they should be judged for it.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Yea, I've never brought up this opinion without having a few people take it personal. Its not like depression is something I've never dealt with. My aunt who I was close with growing up suffered from depression and shot herself and it was a miserable time in my life, but ultimately if she had strong enough thoughts going on often enough that she felt killing herself was the solution, that is her choice and one that only she was capable of making. Nobody has the right to tell someone they should be forced to continue living.

People say suicide is selfish, but IMO the people who, if they had it there way, would force these suicidal people to continue living against their will are the truly selfish ones. I know a handful of people who are "suicidal" or have attempted/failed suicide, and they are now pilled out of their heads and go through life as an emotionless carcass, and it is sad to see. If someone chooses taking their own life in lieu of living that hollow existence, I don't think they should be judged for it.

I don't know that I took it personally as much as I could identify with your point. I've had friends and loved ones commit suicide and it's always a struggle to deal with from the survivor standpoint. Unfortunately, no matter how much we love somebody, it's impossible for that feeling of importance to reach through the layers of their depression unless there is within them a real desire to fight for their life. I do think suicide is a selfish choice (from the survivor's perspective), but I think it's also the only choice that people who commit suicide feel like they can make. And, from that perspective, people who have attempted suicide often discuss how they felt like they could only be valuable for the benefit their death would have (insurance money, lack of medical bills continuing to expand, the emotional cost to the people they loved if they continued living). So, from their perspective, often, not committing suicide is the more selfish option.

On the other hand, I can't imagine living my life doped to the gills. When you "go through life as an emotionless carcass" (great descriptive imaging there, by the way), I don't know if that's really living. And if I were given the choice between death or that "life", I doubt I would have to think about it for very long before I would choose death.

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't know that I took it personally as much as I could identify with your point. I've had friends and loved ones commit suicide and it's always a struggle to deal with from the survivor standpoint. Unfortunately, no matter how much we love somebody, it's impossible for that feeling of importance to reach through the layers of their depression unless there is within them a real desire to fight for their life. I do think suicide is a selfish choice (from the survivor's perspective), but I think it's also the only choice that people who commit suicide feel like they can make. And, from that perspective, people who have attempted suicide often discuss how they felt like they could only be valuable for the benefit their death would have (insurance money, lack of medical bills continuing to expand, the emotional cost to the people they loved if they continued living). So, from their perspective, often, not committing suicide is the more selfish option.

On the other hand, I can't imagine living my life doped to the gills. When you "go through life as an emotionless carcass" (great descriptive imaging there, by the way), I don't know if that's really living. And if I were given the choice between death or that "life", I doubt I would have to think about it for very long before I would choose death.

wk
I didn't mean to sound like I thought you were taking it personal, just speaking on my experience when suicide comes up my opinion is generally looked down on by those who view suicide different than I do.

I definitely agree with you about the second part. My manager where I work now is like this. He comes in and you say hello and he just stares at you like you aren't there half the time. It is really creepy/eerie. And the people who have known him for a long time say he used to be a really cool and vibrant guy, but once he got on the antidepressants he is just a zombie. And this was all post-suicide attempt.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I didn't mean to sound like I thought you were taking it personal, just speaking on my experience when suicide comes up my opinion is generally looked down on by those who view suicide different than I do.

I definitely agree with you about the second part. My manager where I work now is like this. He comes in and you say hello and he just stares at you like you aren't there half the time. It is really creepy/eerie. And the people who have known him for a long time say he used to be a really cool and vibrant guy, but once he got on the antidepressants he is just a zombie. And this was all post-suicide attempt.

This whole "Like" thing is getting as bad as Facebook.

I'm with you and I hate to hear about the guy. I think too often psychiatrists substitute medication for treating the core problems people have. In that, they're treating the symptoms, not the illness. It just strikes me that, if you could get to what's actually depressing the guy and work that problem out, he wouldn't need pills that make him into a zombie.

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
This whole "Like" thing is getting as bad as Facebook.

I'm with you and I hate to hear about the guy. I think too often psychiatrists substitute medication for treating the core problems people have. In that, they're treating the symptoms, not the illness. It just strikes me that, if you could get to what's actually depressing the guy and work that problem out, he wouldn't need pills that make him into a zombie.

wk
The dude takes so many rX pills and a ton of over the counter stuff as well ie before each shift he is taking alcaceltzer, aleve, energy pills, ect... I'm like dude, throw ALL that shit away and just take a hit of weed before work and you'll feel 100 X better

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Off the top of my head:
I don't like superhero and science fiction films.
I find sport boring apart from football.
Hate anime

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I despise fanbases of any type. If people insult them, I don't care nor will I put in the effort to defend any kind.