What to do with RVD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Believe it or not Rob Van Dam is still signed to TNA. His last appearance was at Genesis on the 8th of January where he lost to Gunner and was then stretchered out of the arena after being DDT'd on the concrete floor. The fact that he is healthy yet hasn't appeared on TNA programming for two months baffles me.

RVD has always been a crowd favourite in every promotion that he has been in. In ECW he was the star, when he came to WWE he was easily the most supported of the Alliance and when he joined TNA he was massively over. This is a guy that fans love to watch and cheer and a guy that has been a big star for the last decade. WWE regularly had him around the mainevent and he was destined to be a long term champion until he had that incident where he was arrested. Later when he joined TNA he was paraded as a massive signing because he is so popular, very soon after debuting he won the TNA world title and was in the mainevent but soon after that something went wrong.

I don't know why but TNA have completely dropped the ball on RVD. He means less now than he ever did in his entire career. It should have been a breeze booking RVD because all you need to do is keep him around the mainevent and people will be happy. He is always a threat to the champion but you don't necessarily have to keep the title on him. The fact that TNA used him as a midcarder was a joke and I am amazed at how badly they have used him.

What would you do with RVD if you were TNA?

Or to look at the other side what would you do if you were RVD? I am not sure when his contract expires but would you really want to sign on again after the way they have used him? Would he be able to get a decent offer from WWE?

rcoot93

Reaction score
I don't feel TNA dropped the ball he wasn't getting a great crowd reaction, although no one does in the impact zone, and he ddn't get great ratings or PPV buys.
Also it has felt as if RVD has been going through the motions lately, I was a fan when he joined but now his matches seem the same and are boring.

I see TNA either leaving him off TV till his contract is up or using him as a surprise opponent and putting him back in the main event.

Or I see RVD retiring or going back to WWE, which is questionable as he didn't like the scheldule, perhaps ROH might be a good place for him

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
For me I still think that he got great reactions, especially compared to the rest of the TNA roster. I don't disagree that he my have been going through the motions at the end but I would assume that he was probably annoyed at how he was used and so didn't give his all.

I think that once his contract expires he will head back to WWE. I am sure that he will be offered a good deal from WWE since they could use more name stars and he will want to finish in front of big crowds rather than 750 people in the Impact Zone.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
he should team up with Kendrick come back to WWE and boost the tag division.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That is a very random tag team.

If he returns to WWE I only see him returning as a singles wrestler to begin with. I don't see the point in bringing RVD back and then chucking him in a tag team right of the bat.

It really does seem like TNA aren't going to bring him back and it is odd that this is how the RVD/TNA partnership ended.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think RVD should go back to wwe and team with Rey in all honesty which would not be chucking him into a team or wasting him. The two were great together and could really put the division as well as Epico and Primo in the spotlight, should hav been Air Boom if Evan wasn't a dumb fuck. After that, he could honestly be a great add to Raw as he always did fit there as a singles act

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I still think that at least for the first month or two you bring him back as a singles wrestler. I like the idea of him teaming with Rey again but bring him back with some singles matches first and then go for the tag team.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I don't think any promotion should chance him because he just doesn't care about wrestling anymore, and it shows. All his matches for the past decade have been exact replicas of each other, and hes never been a great promo guy. Could TNA of used him better, sure, but most of it lies in RVD's hands. Him vs AJ Styles should of been a dream match, but this guy half assed it so much it was run of the mill, humdrum stuff you see every week on every show.

I don't hate the guy, far from it. Its just when you see what a true innovator he was while in ECW, it makes you wonder how someone can go from that to settling on generic for so many yrs. RVD isnt an asset in 2012, more of a hinderance.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Surprise!

RVD is actually in India doing a wrestling tour there with a few other workers, just got this information from a wrestler in Australia who's there with Luke Gallows.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
One Simple thing they could do Fire his fucking ass and use that money spent on him and spread it to the rest of the roster because the rest of the roster is doing more then going through the motions and there doing it for scraps.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I say fire him he is useless now. He brings nothing to the company and when i use to watch tna he looked like he didn't care buy maybe that's just RVD. IDK?

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
RVD should come back as a surprise opponent against Robbie E and win his title at Bound For Glory

Ben

Reaction score
Would be nice to see him in the X DIV, not to come in and win the title but to help elevate some of the young guys there.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
^^ Robbie E is a hopeless champion, and has held the title way too long tbh

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
EY should have just held onto to the TV title, atleast people care about him.

RVD should just leave since its probaly gonna be awhile before they can firgure out something to so with him, i mean look how long it took for TNA to figure out what to do with Joe, its a long long wait.