What the hell is with Cena's Attitude Adjustment..?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score

Greatest moment ever, wait can this become a too cool tribute thread?

What year was that? I remember watching it and going crazy for that moment.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
2000, I remember loving Too Cool as a kid such chances are I went apeshit too lol.
Its the whole stupidity of the glasses an putting them on Rikishi that used to get me I loved it haha.

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
Scotty is a fireman... Cena uses a fireman a carry...coincidence?

Reactions: HIGH FLYER

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Lame finishers.....the mandible claw, anybody? I'll bring that up since somebody's already brought up the Worm and the People's Elbow.

How about the fact that Jake Roberts used a DDT (in fact, my understanding is that he innovated it), no jumping, no tornado, no double-arm/single-arm, and nothing fancy. It was just a DDT. And nobody ever kicked out of Jake Roberts' DDT. Now, everybody uses the DDT, but the only times it's used as a finisher is if there's something special to it (Dude Love and Cactus Jack used a double underhook DDT; Raven used the "Evenflow DDT", which was just a flowing snap DDT). So, this is not a new phenomenon.

Finishers are designed to be moves that a performer can use and look good using and that the fans will come to associate with the end of a match for climactic and ring psychology purposes.

For what it's worth, prior to coming to WWE, CM Punk used a move called the Pepsi Plunge, which was basically a Pedigree from the second rope. The story I heard is that HHH demanded he come up with a new finisher when he was brought in to OVW because he didn't want the Pedigree to look lame when the new guy was doing it from the second rope. Thus, Punk borrowed the GTS from KENTA.

wk

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
His knees were a bigger issue with the plunge I think. Hitting that shit over the years is unnecessary.

Reactions: Roi

Nick

Reaction score
The mandible claw can actually be quite painful. Until the whole socko thing, it was suppose to be that he would put his fingers below the tongue and on the pressure points there. Supposedly really painful if pressure is actually applied.

As for this argument, you could also argue with Big Show's KO. They will kick out of choke slams, but one punch wins the match. When somebody else does a punch, the guy doesn't even go down.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The mandible claw can actually be quite painful. Until the whole socko thing, it was suppose to be that he would put his fingers below the tongue and on the pressure points there. Supposedly really painful if pressure is actually applied.

As for this argument, you could also argue with Big Show's KO. They will kick out of choke slams, but one punch wins the match. When somebody else does a punch, the guy doesn't even go down.
The mandible claw actually does hurt a lot. Lots of pressure points under the tongue so the theory on the move is correct.

As for the KO punch. With Big Show it works since he's a legit giant. You should believe that he can knock you out with one good hit.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I have no idea why you're complaining about the AA when you have Hulk Hogan using a LEG DROP as a finisher.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Hogan used the leg drop earlier in wrestling's evolution though. Then it became synonymous with him.

CYERON

Jobber
Reaction score
I have no idea why you're complaining about the AA when you have Hulk Hogan using a LEG DROP as a finisher.

Fandango also using legdrop as finisher. (even he's not that heavy)

acailler

Reaction score
Punk had his epic title reign ended by A FUCKING ELBOW DROP....That is all.