• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What special things you miss from WWE

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Ambrose Asylum comes to mind
Yeah I was actually thinking something similar. Like where you must beat your opponent by putting a Straight Jacket on him. Then the Asylum Security Guards come when it's over. They roll him on that bed where they strap the patients on, put him in the Insane Asylum Ambulance and take him to the Insane Asylum.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I miss the way WWE was back in the 1980s. My family was poor and we couldn't get cable or PPV. So I had to watch WWF Superstars every week at midnight. A few times a year, there would be a Saturday Night's Main Event and honestly that was like a PPV for me at the time.

During that time, I used to yearn for as much wrestling as I could find because there was so little available. Now there is more than I can keep up with.
This one got me right in the feels, man, because I agree with this a lot.

On topic: The thing I missed the most about WWE specifically is being excited about any of it like before when I watched it I was always eager to see what Mankind was gonna do, what was Steve Austin gonna do to Vince, and so forth. Now, it has become stale and boring and way too predictable and really nothing excites me about the WWE no more, which is sad because they have some of the most talented people in the sport right now.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

On topic: The thing I missed the most about WWE specifically is being excited about any of it like before when I watched it I was always eager to see what Mankind was gonna do, what was Steve Austin gonna do to Vince, and so forth. Now, it has become stale and boring and way too predictable and really nothing excites me about the WWE no more, which is sad because they have some of the most talented people in the sport right now.

As weird as it may seem, there was something important about watching WWF on a fuzzy screen when I lived out in the country. It meant more.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
As weird as it may seem, there was something important about watching WWF on a fuzzy screen when I lived out in the country. It meant more.
Yeah, I can get that. I use to watch Raw and Smackdown in hotel rooms and sometimes the signal was good and other times it was decent.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G

Back in the day that is the way they got positive interest from us. The next Chapter of The McMahon and Austin feud, Austin and Rock feud, Undertaker and Kane brotherly story, etc. Always keep us glued to the TV and interested.

Now it Interest in a negative way. Like how is WWE going force Roman on us this week, how is the crowd going to react to Roman being over pushed, how they are going to misuse their good talent this week,etc.

You see they still are interesting. But all because your interesting doesn't necessarily mean you are good.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Back in the day that is the way they got positive interest from us. The next Chapter of The McMahon anr Austin fued, Austin and Rock Fued, Undertaker and Kane brotherly story, etc. Always keep us glued to the TV and interested.

Now it Interest in a negative way. Like how is WWE going force Roman on us this week, how is the crowd going to react to Roman being over pushed, how they are going to misuse their good talent this week,etc.

You see they still are interesting. But all because your interesting doesn't necessarily mean you are good.
I was using that as an example, but that was my point. I never knew what was going happen unlike now where I already figure the show and predict everything and is just boring. That is the reason why I enjoy promotions like Impact, Luch Underground, NJPW, and more because I never know what will happen, you know.

Exactly, that is my point and not just with Roman, but also with Ronda, Alexa, Nia, Carmella, Randy Orton, and more. They push the wrong people or piss away a certain person and other things I have complained and ranted about on here. That I am sure many are aware of and are tired of hiring me complaining about.

Eh, they are interesting, but not for the right reasons. As well as to me WWE is becoming very stale and bland.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I 50/50 miss this because it lost it's luster after they stopped doing it's PPV. It's the King of The Ring Tournament. King of The Ring was a very great accomplishment to have under your belt.

But when they stopped it's PPV, it really wasn't all that much to care for. It had a mediocre taste to it. Plus they did it on a very rare occasion, so it wasn't that big of a deal when it happened.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
KOTR treated as a big ppv is great. Either do it well or don't do it at all. KOTR in December when apparently WWE is at its worst annually.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The days when the fans didn't feel like they could hold shows hostage.

Wrestling is about entertaining the fans and the fans have a right to voice their opinions obviously. But it feels like we have reached the point where a crowd will turn on a show for the absolute smallest of grievances.

A loud, rowdy crowd used to mean something. Now it is the norm because the fans will drop a big old deuce on the show for the sole reason of Roman existing or something like that.

• Haha

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Another thing I definitely miss is Freedom of Speech of The WWE fans. Back in the day we could say what ever we want, cheer whoever we want, make almost any signs we wanted.

Now with them desperately trying get Roman Reigns at the Top of The Mountain as the Baby Face. They confiscate signs, pipe in cheers, some times turn down the arena mic when they boo extremely, and etc.

But some how we still make our true voices heard even if they do all of that.

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I miss the times before NXT when someone debuted they were introduced to the audience correctly. Now they don't bother reintroducing the characters to the new audience in an effective way. Like, if you don't watch NXT you must be thinking who the fuck are these Sanity guys. Like seriously who the fuck are these guys? No attempt whatsoever to tell a story with them just because their introduction story has already been done in NXT.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Saturday Night's Main Event. This was a big deal to me when I was growing up. My family was poor and we didn't even have cable for a while. But once every couple months, Saturday Night's Main Event would come on at 11:30 PM and it was like a PPV for us. I miss it immensely.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
a small thing that stuck with me as a kid was the overall PPV presentation. Every PPV had a memorable theme song that I could still recognize and connect it each of the PPVs they were used for (maybe that's just because of nostalgia tho), while the other big part of the presentation was the different stage/set design of each PPV. I mean, I totally get why WWE's taking advantage of their LED designs where they can easily change the color scheme and graphics on the same pieces over and over again, but having an entirely different set design, changes the mood of a PPV or special event tremendously and visually separates it from weekly shows. That's why people make a big deal out of WrestleMania stage designs, because it's an absolute rarity that we get to see something other than the 2 default LED set ups from Raw and Smackdown.
There are obvious exceptions to this, like the latest Tribute to the troops show or the Greatest Royal Rumble, which arguably already felt more special simply because of the set/location change. To me, at least, they didn't feel like usual WWE shows but more so like a special occasion despite still having normal ass wrestling matches on the card