What should the WWE do next?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

Reaction score
Sorry dude but in real life if Rey Rey came up against the like of Tista, Taker, Orton,HHH, Cena they would swat him like a fly. Even in kayfabe the 619 it's weak as fuck.

Yeah i give you that Rey has some flashy arse moves and some pretty good spots. But coming up against sum of the above mentioned guys Rey wouldn't stand a chance

Welcome to professional wrestling, where things aren't real life. Mysterio has already been in matches with Batista, Undertaker, and Orton where he looked like he could legitimately pull out a win. Besides, Rey is on Smackdown where his opponents are even more likely to be his size--Punk, Edge, and Jericho.

Axis

Reaction score
That's who he feuded with leading up to and including Wrestlemania 22.

maty619

Reaction score
I would like to see that feud again some time, but it won't happen any time soon, what with Randy being face and what not.

maty619

Reaction score
No. It would be impossible for him to have a heel run because heels are supposed to be ahead of the game and there is no way Rey could do that. Maybe when the cruiserweight division was around he could have had one but nowadays.....

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^unless they did a cruiserweight division where Rey could actually believably have the upperhand against his opponents then no heel turn for Rey.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Only thing the WWE should focus on is establishing feuds in the mid card, meaning the IC/US titles are prizes not props!

I remember the old days when they was a lineup for the IC/US titles.

As for Mysterio, I think he should be a contender for the WHC but just not win it. I thought his first reign was a joke, living off Eddie's death and I'd rather see new champions like Swagger and Sheamus. Him winning it now, would be fresh and new but it's gonna be the same thing over and over again as the underdog gimmick. But a Mysterio/Jericho match for the WHC would be great for the product.

Beer

Reaction score
Saying Rey is unbelievable is stupid. Yeah, he seriously is. But he is tremendously over, and this is the WWE. Dreams come true. Midgets topple giants.

The WWE work with what is THE most believable thing if a small man were to fight a huge man.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
As for Mysterio, I think he should be a contender for the WHC but just not win it. I thought his first reign was a joke, living off Eddie's death and I'd rather see new champions like Swagger and Sheamus. Him winning it now, would be fresh and new but it's gonna be the same thing over and over again as the underdog gimmick. But a Mysterio/Jericho match for the WHC would be great for the product.

This. I think would be great in a main event role, even a few title matches here and there but I am not 100% sold on if I personally would want to see Rey with the title that is damn near as big as his entire torso lol. His last run was more just a way to not only give one of, if not the hardest workers in the WWE but also capitalize on the nautual sympathy the fans and other wrestlers alike felt for rey after Eddie died. Being that they were like best friends and all.

maty619

Reaction score
I'd love to see him with the title again, how is someone like Jeff Hardy more worthy of a recent title reign (I use him as an example coz he is the closest (in style) former world champ to Rey). Rey is better now than what he was 4 years ago when he got his title win, he is certainly more credible as a main eventer.

Beer

Reaction score
Nah, he's really not. How can you be main eventing and beating the Mark Henry and tag teaming with the then most over superstar, Batista, and then become more credible as a mid-carder, losing to John Morrison?

He's not more credible, but he is almost certainly more entertaining.

maty619

Reaction score
I meant to say since after his title reign, that all happened after it right? (I'm bad about remembering the times obviously) Anyway, last year Rey was beating people like Jericho and Batista regularly. As far as I'm concerned that is better than beating Mark Henry and teaming with Batista. Rey has also had good showings for himself against the likes of Taker and HBK, he is also in the middle of a feud with one of the top heels if not the top heel in the business. Even though I did make the mistake of not making the time frame clear, I still stand by the fact that Rey is more of a credible main eventer than the time you were on about.

Beer

Reaction score
What? He lost almost every match in his feud with Jericho. When was he beating Batista reguarly? When did he wrestle Taker and HBK?

To add on top of what he did in 2006, he retired JBL, a huge main eventer then.