What Next For Swagger?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Jack Swagger was champion up until the Fatal Four Way PPV where he lost the title in a fatal four way match to Rey Mysterio. He then had a title match at the next PPV, Money in the Bank, where he failed to regain his title. Then at the next PPV, Summerslam, he wasn't even featured on the card and has had little to do on Smackdown.

What next for Swagger on Smackdown?

Kane is the champion but is in a long running feud with the Undertaker who has only just returned. This feud will last for some time so they are both ruled out as potential opponents for Swagger.

Rey Mysterio faced the debuting Alberto Del Rio on Smackdown this week and seems destined for a feud with him in the coming weeks/months.

Christian and Matt Hardy seem to be involved in a feud with Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes so that is two more faces ruled out.

Big Show is still in a feud with SES so again another top face ruled out.

Kofi Kingston is a potential opponent but it all depends on whether or not his feud with Dolph Ziggler has finished.

Looking through the rest of the roster and the only credible opponent left is MVP. Swagger needs to get in a feud with him and both these wrestlers need for it to work to keep them up near the mainevent on Smackdown. MVP has been a disappointment ever since turning face and needs to build momentum after stagnating for the past few months. Swagger really needs to keep his star high after just being champion and MVP needs something to keep him being used regularly on the show.

What would you book for Swagger in the coming months? Who would you want to see him feud with next?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
You have to have Swagger go over MVP since it looks like that feud will happen. He then to go on to feud with Taker after he is done with Kane. Thats how I see it going down.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree, Swagger needs to be the one to get the upperhand in the feud with MVP. He has more upside to him and can be a star for years to come whereas MVP doesn't have that long left. Another feud with the Undertaker is a good idea since they never really finished the previous feud that they had. Would be another good feud to keep growing Swagger as a maineventer.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
I know it always brings out moans and groans that MVP and Swagger could have a feud but get rid of the stupid storyline that could go with it and just make it pure wrestling? I know it's hard since it's WWE but just make each match differnt and really show what both of them can do. Just think though make Swagger get over by his wrestling skills and not just mic.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think that makes sense, it would work to boths strengths. I think could have a series of matches all maybe with a different style of wrestling so as to bring out varoius aspects of the characters.

Why do you say MVP doesen't have that log left Troy.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
MVP is 36 years old at the moment therefore I don't think that he would have that long left. Yes he would easily have a few years left in him if he can stay injury free but normally once a wrestler hits forty the writing is on the wall and they are much closer to retirement. Plus he is treading water on Smackdown in the midcard and if he is going to be a star he would have to have a slight character change or he will just be a midcarder for the rest of his career.

Having a feud focussing on wrestling would be a good idea for these two. Focus on the wrestling talents rather than using promos more than matches to get them over.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Swagger went over tonight against MVP. I really like the feud they have going, and the VIP segment last week. Swagger is still terrific, but he needs a bit more experience under his belt. He's not up to Kurt Angle level, where he produces in whatever feud he's in, but he's sure getting close. I support Swagger, and his gimmick, and I hope he gets another shot at the World title soon.

RobyD

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know where WWE wants to take him, but the most logical choice seems to me to be to throw him back into the Heavyweight Division. It's not like Kane is too huge of a draw anyways, and with all the rumors of him retiring soon, it seems like there is going to be even more of a gap that can't be filled by Taker/Rey/Show, since we've seen anything we ever could with those three. The best path I would think would be to put him, Christian and Punk back in there. Punk is semi-established anyways and Christian would feel established, having been around so long anyways, if he were to win it. Swagger, on the other hand, felt week. It felt like the booking that JBL was getting back in 2004, with all the super cheap wins, only it worked with Layfield because he was a stuck up business man. Swagger is an all american, and I think that making him strong would not only benefit him as a character, but benefit the Smackdown! brand.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I assume that by the start of next year Swagger will be back in the World title scene. He will continue this feud with MVP for some time, until a space frees up in the mainevent. Kane and Undertaker will continue for a couple more PPV's and until that finishes there is no spot for him up there. I have liked this MVP/Swagger feud so far, it is good for not only Swagger but MVP who really needs a lift after his career stalled slightly in the last twelve months.

WWE have a history of doing that for newer guys who win the title, especially heels, they are booked weakly as champion. Win only a few matches and every win is a cheap win. I would also like to see Swagger booked strongly as a heel champion as it will really cement his place as the future of Smackdown.