What new feud would spark interest for you?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Nakamura vs Styles
Nakamura vs Cena

Heel Ambrose vs Face Rollins

Tye Dillinger vs Kevin Owens

Sami Zayn vs Mike Kennelis

Roman/Cena

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Cena vs Reigns
Strowman vs Lesnar
Styles vs Nakamura
Shane vs HHH

That's a card I read before that was mostly fantasy booking, but right now if they book that I see zero issue with WM34
Nice choices! That would've made for an interesting show! :)

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Shane vs HHH
A complete and utter waste of 20+ minutes of a Wrestlemania show that would
most likely lead to the women's division getting fuck all time again.

No.Thank.You
Strowman vs Lesnar
Likely still the plan for SummerSlam...
Styles vs Nakamura
Yes...it should be the main event for the WWE title and they should be given as
much time as they want/need.
Cena vs Reigns
While I personally wouldn't care...this match could easily main event SummerSlam,
Survivor Series or Wrestlemania to great success.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A complete and utter waste of 20+ minutes of a Wrestlemania show that would
most likely lead to the women's division getting fuck all time again.

No.Thank.You

Very torn on this one. On one hand, it's the only logical use of either of these guys. I don't want to see any of the wrestlers forced to shoehorn these two on the card when they can do more interesting things... On the other these guys would in theory have anti-chemistry, and the thought of a Smackdown vs Raw battle or more McMahon infighting is really the last thing I want to see.

It's a 5 hour show, there should still be time for the women... but yeah, this year's show could have used -10 minutes on that Rollins/HHH battle, +5 to each women's match.

Likely still the plan for SummerSlam...

Roman's getting the title shot at Summerslam, no?

Yes...it should be the main event for the WWE title and they should be given as
much time as they want/need.

Damn straight. It's the only thing to hold on to on the Smackdown side right now, that they're just killing time in 2017 before pushing the talented people next year.

While I personally wouldn't care...this match could easily main event SummerSlam,
Survivor Series or Wrestlemania to great success.

I... Can't help but get excited about this one even in a weird, ironic way. The match itself could overdeliver, I guess?.. Still, just imagining our threads in the buildup sounds like a disaster. ARE THEY REALLY GOING TO MAIN EVENT ROMAN AND CENA OVER AJ AND NAK. The [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] conversation is so stressful, all the time. Lol

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Very torn on this one. On one hand, it's the only logical use of either of these guys. I don't want to see any of the wrestlers forced to shoehorn these two on the card when they can do more interesting things... On the other these guys would in theory have anti-chemistry, and the thought of a Smackdown vs Raw battle or more McMahon infighting is really the last thing I want to see.
I understand the history and possible stories that could be told...but...
their time has passed as performers and the Wrestlemania card needs
to used to showcase younger talent.
It's a 5 hour show, there should still be time for the women... but yeah, this year's show could have used -10 minutes on that Rollins/HHH battle, +5 to each women's match.
It should have been Rollins vs. Styles for the opportunity to change brands
with Shane & Triple H not even being on the card. That would have given
the ladies an extra 20 minutes to work with and shown off a "dream match"
between two of the best workers in wrestling today.
Roman's getting the title shot at Summerslam, no?
Don't know...Don't care...
I... Can't help but get excited about this one even in a weird, ironic way. The match itself could overdeliver, I guess?.. Still, just imagining our threads in the buildup sounds like a disaster. ARE THEY REALLY GOING TO MAIN EVENT ROMAN AND CENA OVER AJ AND NAK. The [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] conversation is so stressful, all the time. Lol
I'm done talking about [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]...just because Vince puts him out front
and center doesn't mean I have to pay attention to him.

If the WWE truly believes any reaction is good reaction (then why do they edit
the footage and sound of their shows to make it look like people actually like
[HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]?) then the WWE are not getting any reaction from me.

On a personal note...it would make sense for Cena/#IgnoreReigns to main event
over Styles/Nakamura...simply because Cena & [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] have been in the
WWE longer and are bigger WWE stars.

The WWE would no doubt book a Styles/Nakamura match to take place halfway
through the card as to not draw too much attention away from Cena/#IgnoreReigns.

The real problem with the WWE is that they are for the most part very predictable...
which is why I'm fine with Jinder Mahal being the World Champion and why I would
be ecstatic if Joe became the Universal Champion.

I like a shocking result...as long as it pushes new talent and will benefit the company
in some way.

Jinder defeating Randy at Backlash did that in my opinion.

Now the opposite of that would be say...Lana defeating Naomi...no one would benefit
from that and the entire women's division would suffer as a result.

Just thinking out loud...

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I understand the history and possible stories that could be told...but...
their time has passed as performers and the Wrestlemania card needs
to used to showcase younger talent.

It should have been Rollins vs. Styles for the opportunity to change brands
with Shane & Triple H not even being on the card. That would have given
the ladies an extra 20 minutes to work with and shown off a "dream match"
between two of the best workers in wrestling today.

Gosh... Reading this took me back.. I remember being on here before WM28 and being so angry that either part-timers or people who couldn't be put over were taking up 5 of the top 6 spots. I guess... just watching what they've done from 2014-today has just made me way too apathetic towards this stuff. I used to hate Mania time with a passion when they dusted off the old timers and made it all about them. Hunter's returning! Batista's here! Oh shit, it's the Undertaker... who cares. Hell I even felt it towards the Rumble this year when the match really didn't start until Goldberg and Lesnar killed everyone.

I... Think part of it was this year, when WM33 really called for all the young talent to go over. It was a passing of the torch of sorts, as Shane, Hunter, and Taker laid their old asses down for Styles, Rollins, and Reigns... and while that was a good idea in theory, did it really work? Did it really? None of them feel elevated in any way. They aren't coming across as bigger stars. Somehow Roman's hated about the same amount, they're showing an incredible amount of laziness with Seth's character, and AJ is busy wasting his time with the US Title... The people who came around to see Wrestlemania (which, how many eyeballs did they really draw? The name sells itself.) are obviously not building the ratings now, so if these guys aren't putting over the current generation in any way, why are they there?

Damn the future. WWE should just worry about putting on the best show possible right now, and well... When I'm wanting to type some WWE defeatist bullshit, all I can do is go back to the old 2015 catchphrase... wednesday nights, 8 PM, el rey network.

And we have to put our fan hats on. Maybe the thought of all the inner squabbling between the McMahon family, why Shane left, what he thinks about Stephanie being with Hunter, how Hunter's the next in line instead of Shane... That probably sounds like fascinating TV to a lot of the fans, I don't know, but it sounds like NyQuil to me.

[HASHTAG]#ignoretheignorereignspart[/HASHTAG]

The real problem with the WWE is that they are for the most part very predictable...
which is why I'm fine with Jinder Mahal being the World Champion and why I would
be ecstatic if Joe became the Universal Champion.

I like a shocking result...as long as it pushes new talent and will benefit the company
in some way.

Jinder defeating Randy at Backlash did that in my opinion.

Now the opposite of that would be say...Lana defeating Naomi...no one would benefit
from that and the entire women's division would suffer as a result.

Just thinking out loud...

I'd say it's the whole manufactured feeling of WWE that's the biggest problem. To your point, lots of wrestling promotions have some predictable booking - no title reign in wrestling has been more predictable than Asuka's, yet have you been bored by that reign?... Can't speak for Grievous but it's been a resounding hell no from me. Lots of predictable - or unpredictable - things that happen just come across as bad decisions by the company or as really stupid or to get heat which all goes on WWE and not the character.... which would happen in your Lana example (though she would win with a heel finish to make up for her lack of credibility), too.

That's why Joe winning the Universal Championship would be a good decision though, not so much that it's unpredictable, but the guy's been such a badass in this buildup that I'd just love to see it happen.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Shane, Hunter, and Taker laid their old asses down for Styles, Rollins, and Reigns... and while that was a good idea in theory, did it really work? Did it really?
No it didn't...and I can't say I'm surprised really.

The Rollins/HHH build up was scattershot and made no real sense...
Styles should have been wrestling an actual active member of the roster...
&
I'm sure every fan really enjoyed watching a barely mobile Undertaker
get the piss beaten out of him by that guy everyone loves to boo.

Combine that with the SmackDown Women only getting 5 and half
minutes and I can honestly say Wrestlemania fucking sucked!

The only bright spots I remember were from the RAW women's match
(The Triple powerbomb on Nia & Charlotte's beautiful corkscrew moonsault)
and the Hardyz showing up.

And for the record I haven't and will never watch the Wrestlemania 33
main event. In fact I haven't watched a single [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] match
since the Royal Rumble this year because that's when I realized that
we can all talk about heel turns and booking ideas...but at the end of
the day Vince isn't going to stop with this push no matter what happens
or how many other careers are stalled or ruined in the process.

So...its just better to ignore the entire situation.

[HASHTAG]#ignorereigns[/HASHTAG]

And no...I'm not going to stop typing that...ever.

no title reign in wrestling has been more predictable than Asuka's, yet have you been bored by that reign?... Can't speak for Grievous but it's been a resounding hell no from me.
Asuka (like Charlotte) can do no wrong in my eyes. I've loved her reign and I have
looked forward to and enjoyed every title defense she's had.

Speaking of unpredictable booking...I'd actually book Ruby Riot to be the one to
take the title from Asuka in a multi woman match. Of course the match writes
itself. Ruby takes out Nikki as Ember hits the Eclipse on Asuka only for Ruby
to swoop in and grab the pin.

ruby_riot_nxt_womens_champion_by_thephenomenalseth-db9mmyg.png
Why? Because every person and his pet goldfish expects Ember Moon to do it...
so I think the NXT booking team should throw the fans a "curve ball" and have
Ruby win it...then they can develop a top card feud between Nikki Cross & Ember
Moon while Ruby possibly deals with Peyton Royce & Billie Kay.

Again...just thinking out loud.

Reactions: Snowman1

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
Jinder Mahal v. Sami Zayn
Jinder Mahal v. John Cena
Jinder Mahal v. Undertaker
Jinder Mahal v. Brock Lesnar
Jinder Mahal v. Shinsuke Nakamura
Jinder Mahal v. AJ Styles
Jinder Mahal v. Kevin Owens
Jinder Mahal v. Heath Slater

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
At this point honestly...Maryse vs. Sasha or Maryse vs. Charlotte are the only feuds WWE could potentially do that'd interest me.

I'm a huge fan of The Miz, but there's no Miz feud I want to see. Miz vs. Balor/Rollins/Reigns/Styles/Cena/Ambrose/Strowman/Lesnar/Joe/Wyatt/or any other upper card wrestler in WWE would just be 99% Miz getting squashed and buried every week like this garbage ass Miz v Ambrose feud has been. The only options for a good Miz feud are vs. jobbers like Kalisto because at least then Miz might get booked like a credible heel for a change. But thats not a very interesting feud. I'm realising more and more WWE just isn't for me anymore, Miz is still one of my all time favourites, but its painful to watch him get booked like Brooklyn Brawler 99% of the time.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Styles vs Nakamura/Cesaro/Bálor/Rollins, etc. As Botchie said, Styles vs pretty much anyone on the roster.

The Miz & Maryse vs Mike & Maria Kanellis would be interesting.

Reigns vs Cena, Joe vs Cena, Nakamura vs Cena, Strowman vs Lesnar, KO vs Lesnar, Cesaro vs Lesnar, Nakamura vs Bálor and KO & Zayn vs The Revival would be wonderful.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Honestly Nakamura vs Lesnar. Though greatly outweighed and out strengthed by Lesnar, Nakamura has that hard hitting offense that would make this entertaining for me to watch.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
I think it is fair to say that a lot of what WWE has done over the last 2 years has been mostly mediocre at best. While we did have some amazing runs and storylines (KO and Jericho being my favorite) there hasn't been a whole lot to really remember. Well, at least to me.

If you were given the option by WWE to declare a new fued between anyone on the current active roster, who would it be between and why would it peak your interest?

How is it fair to say? WWE bends over backwards to cater to everyone, bring in the top talent from all over the world, and create new stars regularly via TV and the Network. If you're simply unable to enjoy that, maybe that's on you. In fact I venture to say, that's on you.

The Cruiserweight Classic, boring huh? UK Tournament? Boring? Samoa Joe choking out Brock Lesnar. Boring? Then I can't help ya man. Maybe you should move on to another form of entertainment.

Compare today's WWE with pro wrestling 20 years ago. It's a vast vast improvement from more standpoints than I care to waste my time typing out.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
TNA was my bread and butter back in 2007-10, so I would mark out for things like Joe v Styles, Joe v Roode, Joe v Young, Styles v Roode, Styles v Young, or Young v Roode

Also, something I never realized I wanted until right this second, Eric Young vs Darren Young with Rene Young being involved

Also I guess you can replace Eric with Sanity as a whole, since they're amazing