• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What keeps you watching?

Diablo

I've been a fan of professional wrestling since October 2003..it wasn't the normal story of picking it up during the Attitude Era and loving Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock. Rather, when I turned on UPN on a Thursday night I was extremely entertained by Los Guerreros taking on The Bashams(Whom I believed were male strippers with Shaniqua...hey, I was a clueless 12 year old).

I was inclined to like wrestlers like Benoit, Guerrero, Edge and Cena in 2004 because I saw them as the underdogs. With all but Cena gone, I often find myself asking: What keeps me watching professional wrestling, and more specifically WWE?

I don't really think it's an easy question to answer. I think it's partly out of habit, the hope that something extremely exciting will happen and I'll be transformed into the huge fan I was as a 13 year old rooting for Shawn Michaels in a Last Man Standing match against Triple H. The other part is me not wanting to give up on the product in hopes that another "boom" period comes around. Having missed the Attitude Era, I'd love to experience another period in which there is a cut throat competition between two companies.

At this stage in the game I feel that the current format for Monday Night Raw and professional wrestling shows in general are outdated and could use some work. It's tiring to see an opening promo, match, divas match, funny backstage segment...I'm not exactly sure what they could do to spice it up, but I'm waiting for the day that a few new elements are mixed in with those that produce consistent results.

Oh, and lastly..I'm still a fan. I enjoy a lot of the talent--Cena, Miz, Orton, Undertaker(When he's around), Ziggler, Ryder, Morrison, Bryan, Henry, Sheamus..they're all really entertaining, although I think they're often booked quite questionably.

So, what keeps you watching pro wrestling?

Troy

Good topic for a thread.

I have been watching wrestling for quite some time now and a couple of times over the years I have tried to step away for a while but I always come back. What keeps me watching is the chance that something special could happen on the shows. I watch for moments like the CM Punk shoot storyline, the CM Punk/Cena match, the original Nexus storyline, knowing that every now and then WWE can get it so right keeps me tuned in. With every show I try to focus on the positives now and find that glimmer of hope that something excellent can come of it. Unfortunately WWE have a track record of ruining great storylines but I keep watching in the hope that eventually they will get it so right.

It can be incredibly frustrating at some times but I think that is the fun of being part of a forum as well. This way I can talk about the good moments and discuss with others what we would like to see happen. I think that if I didn't participate in forums the past few years I probably would have stopped watching by now.

PHX

Legacy Member
Just love wrestling at the end of the day so it's become pretty much a habit to watch no matter what. Punk if you wanna pick out one guy is why I still watch has been my favorite wrestler since 05 and this year has been on the top of his game and imo has a lot more great memorable stuff ahead of him that will make you wanna tune in to see.

Dale

Super Moderator
Like most people, I just always put RAW or SmackDown on just out of habit even if I knew the show was gonna be pretty shit like this weeks for example. In fairness though to the WWE, I think they've actually had a really good year for the most part, so they've actually kept me tuning in out of interest as opposed to habit.

One other thing that interests me is what guys they plan on building up to the main event to replace some of the guys who are close to / done.

Chriss

I just love wrestling. That´s why I was upset about the fact, that just two stars were pushed. We all know who they are. Now, I like the fact that WWE is trying to build up some new main event talents.

I believe that one day, WWE´ll cut of PG and once again, It will be better! I dont want it in HD. I want it GOOD. I stopped to watch Smackdown when Edge retired and Orton came in. So I just read Spoilers of SD. I watch RAW just when I´ve got enough time.

As I said in my welcome thread, I prefer TNA.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
I can't not watch I've dedicated much of my life to wrestling. I constantly not only follow the product but study it.

TheZig

Wrestling as been a part of my life ever since i can remember, I don't think a day as passed that i haven't watch it in some form since becoming a fan. I've thought to myself sometimes what has kept me watching for so long, I think its just a way of life for some people.

Blujay

I've watched wrestling since I was a child. Its always been something I've loved. When I was 5 my idol was Hulk Hogan and my love of wrestling just kept growing and growing until I started doing it myself when I was 14. Then in 2010 I started training and spent some time on the indie circuit in the Midwest US. I'll always watch it when its on. I'm not a big fan of TNA but I'll flip it on anyways because its still wrestling. My reasons for watching have changed over the years, when I was little they were like superheroes to me. When I got a little older it was edgy and cool to watch. Then I started doing it myself so I would watch to learn. I still have my own ring and from time to time will step in and put on a small show here and there. Now when I watch, I look for mark out moments and study the new guys to keep expanding my wrestling knowledge. Fresh faces and new main eventers like CM Punk, Miz, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Wade Barrett keep me interested to see how wrestling has evolved. Wrestling is a lifestyle to me. Not just a thing I watch from time to time.

Kingslayer

It's been part of my life since I was 4 or 5, it's a force of habit. It's a tough one to break, even when it sucks. Sometimes I stop and wonder why the hell I still do, I mean I hate 98% of the company. The only guys I can enjoy are the ones in my sidebar, I don't care about the actual in ring aspect of the product. There's always one or two guys who keep me hanging on to it, always will be.

The New F'n Show

First watched Wrestling with my Grandfather, who passed away when I was six, haven't stopped since and I think that has a lot to do with it. Plus I enjoy the storytelling and athleticism that goes into a great match.

Defiant

I find that the quality of wrestling and in-ring performances today are overall of better quality than it ever has been, contrary to what most tend to believe.