What is the match you show non-wrestling fans?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
What is the match you show non-wrestling fans?

For me, it depends on the time and place, how old I was and what type of wrestling I appreciated.

I know that, when I was 10, I used to show them Mick Foley vs Edge from WM22. Reason why is because, to me, it showed the clear difference between real fighting and stage wrestling. Wrestling is creativity through violence, and as a lot of people at age 10 and so forth didn't really know what wrestling was, a lot of people didn't know whether it was real or fake. I felt, at the time, like this type of a match showed that it doesn't matter whether or not it is.

So; What's yours?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Basically any WCW-era cruiserweight wrestling from 96-98.

As for a particular match, this one would be it. It's so slick, fast-paced, smooth, and well developed for such a short match.

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
Basically any WCW-era cruiserweight wrestling from 96-98.

As for a particular match, this one would be it. It's so slick, fast-paced, smooth, and well developed for such a short match.

It's really weird that they tried turning Eddie heel for 2 weeks in 03 lol

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
It's really weird that they tried turning Eddie heel for 2 weeks in 03 lol
Yeah, but granted Eddie could pull any character or alignment off.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart--Wrestlemania X. Curt Hennig vs. Nick Bockwinkel--60 minute match for the AWA title. Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi. Tetsuya Naito vs. Kazuchika Okada for Okada's IWGP title at Wrestle Kingdom. Brian Danielson vs. Brian Kendrick--IWGP Best of the Super Juniors tournament. Kenny Omega vs. Tetsuya Naito--G1 Climax tournament finals. Tomoaki Honma vs. Tomohiro Ishii for Ishii's NEVER Openweight Championship.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart--Wrestlemania X. Curt Hennig vs. Nick Bockwinkel--60 minute match for the AWA title. Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi. Tetsuya Naito vs. Kazuchika Okada for Okada's IWGP title at Wrestle Kingdom. Brian Danielson vs. Brian Kendrick--IWGP Best of the Super Juniors tournament. Kenny Omega vs. Tetsuya Naito--G1 Climax tournament finals. Tomoaki Honma vs. Tomohiro Ishii for Ishii's NEVER Openweight Championship.
Feel like some of that is pretty hardcore for a beginner especially The Bock v. Curt Hennig, and Joe v. Kobashi.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Great match, in spite of Awesome almost murdering Tanaka and Joey Styles losing his fucking mind.

Reactions: Zany Clowny

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G

I would show them this...

Reactions: Geese

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Naomichi Marufuji vs. Kazuchika Okada, matches from King of Pro Wrestling and G1 Climax.

Reactions: IndyWrestler1

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
Marufuji's (and NOAH as a whole) short NJPW run in 2016 is one that is sadly forgotten but was really great

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Marufuji's (and NOAH as a whole) short NJPW run in 2016 is one that is sadly forgotten but was really great
Yeah I recall, but sadly it was more indicative of how New Japan was using and booking NOAH, and I as a NOAH mark of the time, didn't enjoy it out of protest!

New Japan was trying to make NOAH their own little developmental plaything, bringing up their top stars to work big profile matches and sending down their aged stars or dudes that had nothing to do. They were booking endless Suzuki-gun angles and even got mfn Jado to play Captain Noah. Really bad and dark days for NOAH, and Marufuji being booked to work New Japan is an example of that!

Speaking of, another match that I think is intense enough to give a good example of wrestling but a simple enough story to not require too much background info is KENTA v. Marufuji from, I believe, 2006.

Reactions: IndyWrestler1