• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

what is the best wrestling house show you've ever been to?

jwdhulk

Reaction score
some of the best house shows i've been to were ecw was the most craziest federation i've ever seen. i used to go to alot of ecw house shows in pokeepsie n.y. ecw was the craziest because in the matches you saw people throwing tables at eachother , people going threw the floors and some of the nicest wrestlers. i personally had the chance to meet ecw legends like the great tommy dreamer roadkill rvd and spike dudly. the ecw they have on now is exactly the same as wwe but with ecw guys. the original ecw was better they may n ot have had as much money as wcw.but they busted their butt every single match. please write back with your opinion of out of all the house shows you've been to which one was the best?

seX-Power

Oh yes, they were the nicest wrestlers, just throwing tables at each other. :rolleyes:

:roflmao2: At you saying Roadkill is on the same level as RVD.

Australia sucks for going to live events, they'll never have a proper show here.

Moonlight Drive

Wiki said:
The next time WWE came to Australia was for the WWE Global Warning Tour in 2002.[12] A crowd of 56,000[13] packed into Colonial Stadium as well a pay-per-view audience throughout Asia witnessed the first WWE show on Australian soil in 16 years. WWE has visited Australia regularly since Global Warning by touring at least once a year since 2003, with the latest show by the Smackdown & ECW brand's in June 2008 visiting Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide and Melbourne.[14]

EDIT-Oops

Moonlight Drive

Found this too:
I bought this DVD the other day at Wal Mart. I thought it was pretty good. Im not so sure it was an actual card, but just random matches put together.. Their's lots of footage of wrestlers in Australia as well which makes up for some good moments. I liked the Kurt Angle, Christian, and Lance Storm in the zoo part. That was pretty good. Anyway.. the matches on the DVD are..

Hurricane vs Jamie Noble (Pretty good match)
Rico vs Rikishi (Kept short, the end is the best watching the little kids dance lol)
Jericho vs Edge (Pretty good match)
Triple H vs Brock Lesnar vs The Rock (Good match)
Billy Kidman/Rey Mysterio vs Christian/Lance Storm (Very good match, not as good as Rey/Kid vs WGTT, but good)
Torrie vs Stacy, Bra and Panties (Well yah, you all know what that means, eye candy)
There may be another match, but I can't remember.

The commentating performed by Tazz and Cole on this DVD is GREAT! I've never heard Cole call matches so good, as well as be funny. Tazz cracks me up so much during this DVD. The most memorable line may be..

Cole - ''Hurricane with a Small Package!!'
Tazz - "Ha! Everytime I see s Small Package, I think of you Cole."

Also there are 3 "Classic" Matches on the DVD.
The Rougeaus vs The Moondogs
Andre the Giant vs Big John Studd
Mr. Fuji & Don Muraco vs P.J. Brown and Someone (Cant remember, Brown and his manager were probably jobbers?)

Those 3 extra matches are from the 1986 Australian tour.

Anyway a very decent DVD for the price I picked it up for, and I really liked the announing as well as a few of the matches. The Older matches weren't great (Cept maybe Rougeaus vs Moondogs) but still were fun to watch as I've never seen them anywhere before.

MrBadExample

Reaction score
The only house show I've seen, fair save for a disappointing ending, featured Flair challenging for the WWF title after losing it at Wrestlemania 6 against Randy Savage. While I know world titles don't change hands at house shows anymore, there should at least be a sense of jeopardy. This match was a rote display of moves and holds which was concluded by Flair's use of knucledusters and consequent disqualification.

Evil Austin

Yeh X-Power I saw that PPV It was great I was just a new fan of wrestling but I was there and still have photos of that good main event. I went with my dad.

Airfixx

Only been to one.... UK Rampage @ Wembley April '91.

Warrior vs Taker (Bodybag match)
Bulldog vs Perfect
L.O.D. vs Power & Glory

Can't remember any other matches but the bill also contained:

Tito Santana
Big Bossman