What if...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dude Love

Jobber
Reaction score
I really don't see how the brand was dead in 2008. Edge, Taker, Jeff Hardy, MVP...plenty of good draws on the program at the time. Rey and Batista, too. it was more of a 1A 1B situation IMO.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'm biased being an Edge & Christian tag team fan but I truly believe that with the arrival of these new solo players, Christian & Edge would end up in a few tag team feuds.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I really don't see how the brand was dead in 2008. Edge, Taker, Jeff Hardy, MVP...plenty of good draws on the program at the time. Rey and Batista, too. it was more of a 1A 1B situation IMO.
It was only resurrected for the network move only to sink once again when they didn't replenish the superstars it lost by 2009.
HHH left SD in the draft along with MVP and Big Show only to be replaced by CM Punk, Rey, Kane and Chris Jericho.
MVP was a huge loss at that time and SD did get CM Punk only lose Jeff Hardy in August.
Batista ended up leaving SD to feud with John Cena by early 2010.

These key players for SD were never really replaced. Rey never reached the heights he had in 2006 and CM Punk would be replaced by Edge who was injury prone anyway.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If he hadn't been sidelined with a 14-month neck injury (February 2003 to April 2004), then as already touched upon by JC, he probably would have become a world champion a lot earlier than we did. In fact, Wrestlemania XX would have likely been the culmination of Edge's climb to the top instead of Eddie Guerrero's. (This is debatable and not at all set in stone, of course, but it's highly likely.)

And if he hadn't of been forced to retire in 2011, we would have witnessed some great rivalries like Edge (and partners) vs The Shield, Edge vs Seth Rollins (I sense that he and Rollins would have been some great chemistry with one another, probably in large part because Seth's heel persona at the moment is similar to Edge's from 2005/2006, and they could have feuded over the MITB briefcase), Edge vs Randy Orton (he would have made a good opponent for Orton during his god awful championship reign from late 2013 to early 2014... these two have history, both as allies and as adversaries, and anything would have been better than seeing Big Show getting another title shot), Edge vs Brock Lesnar, etc.

All in all, he probably would have already begun his descent into the Mick Foley/Chris Jericho role of jobbing to practically everyone he wrestles. Not that that would necessarily be a bad thing at this point in his career.

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5