What if...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dude Love

Jobber
Reaction score
Edge didn't hurt his neck? Where would he be now, career wise?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Edge didn't hurt his neck? Where would he be now, career wise?

Oh, man. I'm such Edge mark.
Hopefully he'd have won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship once before going away.
He'd (maybe) be in the main event picture and he'd be putting talent over if he didn't hurt his neck, what should be Cena's job now. But I guess we'll never find out, sadly.

I was so devastated when he had to retire, so I stopped watching wrestling post-Edge retirement and got back into it late 2012/early 2013.

Dude Love

Jobber
Reaction score
We missed out on a lot of potential Edge stuff. Edge vs DB or Edge and Ziggler possibly having a long feud. Hell, even Edge/Rock. Damn.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
We missed out on a lot of potential Edge stuff. Edge vs DB or Edge and Ziggler possibly having a long feud. Hell, even Edge/Rock. Damn.

Yeah, of course.

But, there's always that 'What if?' factor which is really annoying at times. Damn.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Edge was injury prone regardless of the neck, but here goes.
By spring of 2003 he had been quite strongly and put over by the likes of Kurt Angle, which was no small feat.
He'd likely would've stayed on SD, to be lightning to Lesnar's thunder. Lesnar would eventually turn heel and begun a rivalry with Edge.
Had Edge not injured himself and Smackdown managed to stay relevant, Eddie Guerrero likely would never have main-evented as he did.
John Cena may have found himself on RAW eventually, kick starting his face run there, rather than Smackdown.

The people highly effected by Edge's injury were probably Eddie Guerrero and John Cena. Cena eventually would've made it, Guerrero unlikely.
Edge would be a working a lighter schedule similar to Kane, if he were lucky. With the Shield's arrival he'd likely be bowing out of main event competition by now.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Dude Love

Jobber
Reaction score
Do you think Edge would have saved SD if he was there? Unified titles just suck, man.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Do you think Edge would have saved SD if he was there? Unified titles just suck, man.
The Smackdown Six put together in 2002 by Paul Heyman's request consisted of: Lesnar, Benoit, Edge, Mysterio, Guerrero and Angle.
Of those Six, the backbone of the brand was Edge and Lesnar, who were both less than the age of 30, at the time.
Once Lesnar gave his notice that he was leaving, Vince effectively gave up on Smackdown as a future alternative to Monday Night RAW.

Had Edge not gotten hurt, John Cena would have stepped into Lesnar's role but I also believe Cena eventually would have moved to RAW because SD is a 'wrestling based' show.
With Angle having neck problems of his own, Randy Orton may have had to switch to Smackdown and we know how long it took for Orton to get his wheels under him.
Edge couldn't have saved Smackdown by himself. Smackdown needed the name value of two elite stars, unless HHH were willing to move. Unlikely in my estimation.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think things would of been really bright for him. He was such an amazing worker that it's hard to think what success he would of made, needless to say he would of been much bigger then he once was.

Reactions: Dude Love

Dude Love

Jobber
Reaction score
Wasn't Triple H champion on SmackDown a couple of years ago? He feuded with Jeff Hardy or Edge or someone hot at the time (08?) I believe.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Wasn't Triple H champion on SmackDown a couple of years ago? He feuded with Jeff Hardy or Edge or someone hot at the time (08?) I believe.
I think he feuded with Jeff Hardy, He won the WWE Championship off HHH I think. I'm not sure, but i do remember Jeff hardy was big in 2008.

Dude Love

Jobber
Reaction score
Yeah. He was a spot monkey, but his popularity was really unmatched for a short spurt. Everyone had his arm sleeve and kids gave him Cena like pops.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Yes, but my premise was based HHH coming in long before then.
HHH was brought to Smackdown temporarily for the network move from UPN to MyTV. This was in 2008, long after Smackdown had been buried already.