What if Bryan Danielson Had Joined TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ox Baker

Reaction score
TNA signs new deal....

with noah's ryu nakada. This could lead to some AMAZING matches. For anyone who knows about kobashi, or tanahashi, or any of their other amazing talent that works roh as well, this is a great welcome and could lead to some real all time classic matches with the likes of styles, angle, joe and so on, this is really huge news for roh as well, as they are likely to get more exposure, as well as new japan. If handled correctly, this could be a huge push for a 2 hr slot.

Soulpower

On the surface this looks like a great pickup, but Russo isn't one who takes Japanese or Mexican talent serious. He'll probably be stuck in some stupid storyline, I just hope that its a stupid storyline with the likes of Joe or Angle.

03mnm

Reaction score
Yeah its great I remember when Tanahashi had a match at final resolution with AJ Styles and if that match had a better build up it could have been a classic.

lord batair

Reaction score
I just hope that russo won't make a "racist" story line. That's why i don"t like LAX by the way the stupid gang war , mexicains again well anyone else. I know I know it's just gimmicks but i'm not sure it's intelligent to valorize those kind of behaviours.

Reaction score
as soulpower said russo never puts "foreigners" into big story lines no matter how good they are. but no matter how bad the story is, im sure he'll put on a crap load of great matches

xtremebadass

any mexican/japanese superstars could be great for any company, but companies dont really know what to do with them

Ox Baker

Reaction score
Do you guys think.....

Great mutas showing was a prelude to all this or was it just a spotty vignette they done cause they could get him?

Ben

Reaction score
Gabe Sapolsky wrote an interesting blog on his Facebook account today, playing off the Paul Heyman interview that surfaced over the weekend regarding Heyman's plans for Bryan Danielson should Heyman have come into TNA. At the time, Danielson had been released by WWE and hadn't been called back to duty. Sapolsky also admitted that had Heyman come in, Sapolsky would have been involved in some fashion.

"You might have heard the new Paul Heyman interview from over the weekend where he revealed some of his plans if he went to TNA last summer, particularly with younger, new talent. I'll add something to that involving the man now known as Daniel Bryan in WWE. I was in the loop with Heyman about going to TNA. Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't about to give up Dragon Gate USA and EVOLVE, which are both very close to my heart, but I was going to figure out a way to possibly be involved with everything and even possibly tie in DGUSA and EVOLVE, but that's another subject for another time and was a long, long way from happening.

In the middle of all the TNA/Heyman talks, Bryan Danielson was fired by WWE last June. After Bryan called me, I immediately called Heyman and in just a little while Paul had a brilliant plan to make Bryan a star in TNA. It was a four parter:

1) Have Bryan debut a new submission and tap out EVERYONE in under a minute.

2) At the same time introduce a new, huge monster with a new high impact move and have him beat everyone quickly. I'm thinking Goldberg meets 911 here.

3) After 3-6 months, have Bryan and the monster collide and have Bryan tap him out in under a minute. This puts over the submission and Bryan like a million bucks. Have Bryan continue tapping people out. After a year or so, Bryan cuts a promo saying "I've tapped out everyone in this company..."

4) This all leads to Kurt Angle, after one year, coming out and confronting Bryan saying that he never tapped him out and that TNA is Angle's company. Bryan vs. Angle is on! Tell me that wouldn't sell some PPVs with that build up.

Instead, we were fortunate to have Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan for a nice run in both DGUSA and EVOLVE. He gave us some great matches in DGUSA against Shingo at "Enter The Dragon", YAMATO at "Untouchable 2010" and recent WWE signing Jon Moxley at "Way Of The Ronin". We happen to have just started a www.DGUSA.tv Weekly Special where all these DVDs are 25% off. Trust me, all these are worth going out of your way to see, especially if you are a Bryan fan.

We also had Bryan on two EVOLVE events before he returned full-time to WWE. He had hard-hitting, brutal matches against Bobby Fish at EVOLVE 4 and Munenori Sawa at EVOLVE 5. You can get both these DVDs at www.EVOLVEwrestling.com for just $25. Again, these are a must see, especially for all Bryan fans.

I don't know if Bryan would have signed with TNA, but I do think there was a window in June/early July of last year where he probably would have if Heyman and I went there. Now the window on everyone is slammed shut. Just another "what could have been

All for putting new guys over but this really does sound horrible. Having Danielson win a whole bunch of one minute matches for a year straight would of just been boring. Would of been just as effective to have him have a great sub, but also package that in with great matches, with the submission just being the end game.

Regardless still sounds better than a lot of the idea TNA is currently running with.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Probably knocks Heyman down a peg among the people who think he can't do nothing wrong. The idea wouldn't be that bad with a bit of a tweaking to the match lengths and stuff because as it stands currently, it just sounds like 1 years worth of 1 minute squash matches. Maybe for the first month, have him squash the absolute jobbers in a minute then as the months go on start to work up the card so he's having back and forth battles with the decent midcarders for 10 minutes or so, then the bonafide main eventers in 20+ minute matches.

The Angle feud could have been awesome stuff, especially if the feud ended in something ridiculous like a 60 minute iron match.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It sounds good in theory but actually seeing it would have been boring after a little while. There would be too much talk about how TNA is holding him back not letting him show his skills and it would have became dull and predictable. I like the idea of making everyone tap but I don't think all the matches should be squashes at all.