Fastlane What if AJ Styles DOESN'T retain?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who would win the title in this scenario?

• Total voters

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
I would love if Kevin Owens won the title, but if they were going to give him the title, it would've probably been at the Rumble or the last 5 title shots he had.

I love AJ, but his title reign has been pretty dull, i don't blame AJ for that, but i feel they can do a lot more with Kevin and Sami as champion. They should've went with the co-champions route. It would've been great.

I'd say Sami wins creating a rift between him and Owens culminating in a fatal 4 way between Sami, Owens, Styles and Nakamura for the WWE championship at WM.

That would be amazing.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
On the following SDlive Zayn comes out and cuts a promo about winning the title and outcomes Nakamura who is disappointed about not wrestling AJ at Mania anymore. Then out comes AJ who has the bright Idea of invoking his rematch clause at Wrestle-Mania to make it a triple threat. Idk how to handle Owens in this situation, for him to be relevant in this scenario Zayn would have to win at his expense. Maybe pinning Owens himself or stealing Owens' victory (pushing him out of the way or something).
That's actually a pretty interesting angle.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I was thinking about this earlier since I'm not into Nakamura vs. Styles, and the conclusion I arrived at was Cena winning since Cena vs. Nakamura draws the best. Not only that, but if they really wanna make Nakamura a star, what better way to do it than to beat Cena clean for the title at the biggest PPV of the year? Sure, Cena's lost to Nakamura before clean, but not at WrestleMania. In fact, he's only lost clean once at WrestleMania...I think. Only other guy I can see facing Nakamura would be Zayn since they can play up how Nakamura booted Zayn from NXT. The problem here is that Zayn would have to be WWE Champion, something I don't think WWE wants to pull the trigger on if he's just going to be a transitional champ.

If this does happen, AJ needs to have a damn good opponent since I view him vs. Nakamura as a match designed to appease rowdy fans given Lesnar vs. Reigns being on the card. I like the idea of him vs. Mysterio if the latter is available since Mysterio got a great reaction at the rumble and definitely has what it takes to put on a stellar WrestleMania match. There's not really another WM match for AJ I can think of that I honestly would be super excited for other than that. Most other pairings I can think of that I don't reject just feel "meh" to me.

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I arrived at was Cena winning since Cena vs. Nakamura draws the best. Not only that, but if they really wanna make Nakamura a star, what better way to do it than to beat Cena clean for the title at the biggest PPV of the year?
The problem with that idea is Cena would likely end up going over...
turning the possibility of Styles vs. Nakamura into another reason
for the WWE fans to boo the piss out of the event.

I'm kind of shocked you don't want to see Styles/Nakamura...but
then by the looks of the way the card is shaping up...I won't be
watching half of the event...so each to their own I guess.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The problem with that idea is Cena would likely end up going over...
turning the possibility of Styles vs. Nakamura into another reason
for the WWE fans to boo the piss out of the event.

I'm kind of shocked you don't want to see Styles/Nakamura...but
then by the looks of the way the card is shaping up...I won't be
watching half of the event...so each to their own I guess.
I'm going off the assumption Cena's putting over a newer talent at WrestleMania if he isn't facing Goldberg or Undertaker. The event's getting booed like mad the second Roman takes a breath anywhere near the arena. I don't think Cena vs. Nakamura is going to get booed in a hostile way unless Cena wins.

I never watch Nakamura matches, so I naturally wanna see AJ wrestle someone else since AJ's my favorite person on the roster atm.

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I'm going off the assumption Cena's putting over a newer talent at WrestleMania if he isn't facing Goldberg or Undertaker.
*Looks at Rusev & Bray Wyatt*

Yeah...enjoy that assumption...

I never watch Nakamura matches, so I naturally wanna see AJ wrestle someone else since AJ's my favorite person on the roster atm.
Wow...well...I don't watch (singles) matches involving Reigns...so I can respect that choice.

You know what main roster match I'd really like to see?

Styles vs. Rollins...now that could be a 5 star classic.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
*Looks at Rusev & Bray Wyatt*

Yeah...enjoy that assumption...

Wow...well...I don't watch matches involving Reigns...so can respect that.

You know what main roster match I'd really like to see?

Styles vs. Rollins...now that could be a 5 star classic.
I was thinking about Styles vs. Rollins, though the latter doesn't hasn't been feeling very special to me. I presume that's because he did fuck all in the chamber aside from getting his head gnawed off by Strowman.

I do like the idea of TJ Perkins vs. Styles atm.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I was thinking about Styles vs. Rollins, though the latter doesn't hasn't been feeling very special to me. I presume that's because he did fuck all in the chamber aside from getting his head gnawed off by Strowman.
Seth just needs a better run with his booking...I'm hoping they put the I.C title
on him & let him do the Open Challenge every week. Let him build up some
momentum.

Of course he will most likely end up getting fed to Roman after Wrestlemania...
so whatever.

Its hard for any of the performers on RAW to have momentum...

They have to keep Roman & Strowman looking strong...
&
They have to keep Asuka & Alexa looking strong...

Meaning everyone else is just there to eat the pins & do just that.

Its SO boring & stale...

I do like the idea of TJ Perkins vs. Styles atm.
I believe Seth is that good of a worker he could have a "Classic"
with anyone if given enough time.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I believe Seth is that good of a worker he could have a "Classic"
with anyone if given enough time.
I wouldn't go that far, though he is very, very strong good.

& let him do the Open Challenge every week.
The open challenge gag doesn't do it for me. It stopped being special to me since they started putting every title in the company up for grabs every other week. Title matches aren't special if they happen every five minutes. It wasn't like that with Cena precisely because they weren't so frequent. Now they're done too much, watering it down.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far, though he is very, very strong good.
Fair call...

The open challenge gag doesn't do it for me. It stopped being special to me since they started putting every title in the company up for grabs every other week. Title matches aren't special if they happen every five minutes. It wasn't like that with Cena precisely because they weren't so frequent. Now they're done too much, watering it down.
Well...I just thought it would be a good excuse
for Seth to go out there every week & put on
a good match with someone & look good while
doing it.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Fair call...

Well...I just thought it would be a good excuse
for Seth to go out there every week & put on
a good match with someone & look good while
doing it.
He can do that without putting the title on the line. In fact, that's actually a rather smart decision. Risking your title unnecessarily isn't a very smart decision whenever you can sit back and chill until a PPV.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
He can do that without putting the title on the line. In fact, that's actually a rather smart decision. Risking your title unnecessarily isn't a very smart decision whenever you can sit back and chill until a PPV.
Of course...that's the logical course of action...

But as we've seen with the WWE...logic doesn't
really matter to them as far as their booking goes.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I was thinking about this earlier since I'm not into Nakamura vs. Styles, and the conclusion I arrived at was Cena winning since Cena vs. Nakamura draws the best. Not only that, but if they really wanna make Nakamura a star, what better way to do it than to beat Cena clean for the title at the biggest PPV of the year? Sure, Cena's lost to Nakamura before clean, but not at WrestleMania. In fact, he's only lost clean once at WrestleMania...I think. Only other guy I can see facing Nakamura would be Zayn since they can play up how Nakamura booted Zayn from NXT. The problem here is that Zayn would have to be WWE Champion, something I don't think WWE wants to pull the trigger on if he's just going to be a transitional champ.

If this does happen, AJ needs to have a damn good opponent since I view him vs. Nakamura as a match designed to appease rowdy fans given Lesnar vs. Reigns being on the card. I like the idea of him vs. Mysterio if the latter is available since Mysterio got a great reaction at the rumble and definitely has what it takes to put on a stellar WrestleMania match. There's not really another WM match for AJ I can think of that I honestly would be super excited for other than that. Most other pairings I can think of that I don't reject just feel "meh" to me.

Makes sense to have cena be in the match to draw and I think the match itself could be very good! As long as cena loses the crowd will love it.