What if: a homosexual character in the WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
You guys are worried about a whole lot of nothing.

Did we forget the Necrophilia angle? LOD Hawk's "suicide" angle? Austin vs Pillman "house shooting" angle?

There's nothing too taboo for the WWE nowadays.

Then why aren't we seeing that stuff anymore?

WWE have made an effort in the years since then to marry themselves with pop culture and are now scrutinized more closely under the public microscope. WWE just can't do explicit things like that anymore without catching media attention. Hell, WWE makes headlines in some outlets whenever a wrestler gets a DUI.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
lol [MENTION=11]Andrew[/MENTION] STALKIN' the wrong guy, but i guess he thinks all :ARN: look alike.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Actually Jordan lives in Louisiana and runs Wildkat Wrestling where he also trains people. As far as a gay gimmick in wrestling if done right could be good. Plus you would be surprised by how many wrestlers are really gay.

WRONG. He moved here last year and runs the Wildkat Wrestling here, runs AAW and such. I know because I see him at a lot of local wrestling shows and there's a huge group that speaks on Australian Wrestling anyways.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah Orlando Jordan lives in Australia and runs a wrestling school down in Melbourne. He just made an appearance at one of Mick Foley's comedy shows in Melbourne a few days ago as well.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
You guys are worried about a whole lot of nothing.

Did we forget the Necrophilia angle? LOD Hawk's "suicide" angle? Austin vs Pillman "house shooting" angle?

There's nothing too taboo for the WWE nowadays.
lol "nowdays".... everything you mentioned happened over a decade ago.

And you comparing the heat of homicide/suicide/necrophilia angles to something like simply being homosexual is pretty fucked up actually. Let me guess, you don't like gays either?

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Say if the necrophilia/homicide/suicide stuff were to happen in today's PG WWE on a scripted SmackDown! or live RAW, you would have all kinds of "social groups" getting butt hurt (no pun intended) saying "we don't want our kids watching this stuff", "this is vile and offensive" etc..do you guys remember what happened to Manhunt 2. (Was that in Australia, I forget.)

Just reinforcing my original post, With the gay community the storyline is just an accident waiting to happen, WWE aren't exactly the most tactful of groups, just sayin'...there are just so many ways in which they could fuck this angle up. It's just not feasible in today's tumultuous environment.

Unless WWE goes back to TV-14, or TV-MA (which is so unlikely that it's probably not happening in this universe. :|)

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
This is coming from a moderator, people.

Quite the observation. Here's an observation of mine: A guy whining about being baited carries an anti-Canada sig in a futile attempt to rile up Canadian forum members. Hypocrisy much? Get over yourself.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Tried

Nov5-pic2.gif

rico2.jpg

failed.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I completely forgot about Billy and Chuck/Rico angle.

Shows how much of a success it was I guess.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I still think that tag team was greatness and they never got the respect they deserved. I don't think the world was ready for Chuck and Billy even though it was arguably both of their best runs.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I actually like all three superstars. Rico was cool as hell in person. His background story is also very different than most.

Weez

Reaction score
I just don't think it would work. Orlando Jordan bombed. But it was also LOLTNA. They could turn Gold into Lead. (And routinely do). It was TOO Provocative. It was very much a case of "TOO MUCH."

Anyone remember "Too Much", before they were Too Cool? Ugh.

But, In this day and age, why would we want a Gay angle? All it sounds like is "PLease, send your anti-defamation organization's outraged emails and statements HERE."

It's unnecessary. Outside of Lawler's commentary, I don't see straight angles where people are boning too much either. Stolen Kisses? Yeah, I did that in Junior High, who gives a shit? It just reek of poor shock value.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I was actually disappointed in the way Orlando Jordan carried out that gimmick in TNA considering he's a legit homosexual and I can't imagine how he thought that would impact the perception of his fellow gays in a positive way. It actually seemed pretty fucking counterproductive. I would think somebody like him who has to deal with that kind of persecution and ridicule would want to curve the public image of homosexuals, not throw up his middle fingers and shove their stereotypes down their throats.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I like Gunn, but it was mainly due to New Age Outlaws/DX that I like him, as that was about the time I started watching WWE if I remember correctly.

Never could get into Palumbo, and his return as biker a few years ago didn't do it for me either. Didn't hate him, but he was just....there.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The only reason I would put his Chuck and Billy run over his NAO run is because he wasn't playing second fiddle to anyone and he was still very over. His singles run with the IC belt as "Mr. Ass" bombed horribly, but the the Chuck and Billy run picked him back up in a big way.