What happened to the TNA Womens Division

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Is there like 5 girls in the whole division? Who do you think would help them get back

I think they need to going back to not being Divas and find some few wrestlers. Especially some that don't look like models.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
TNA don't like bottling up lightning when they find it. The KO division has been sabotaged since Gail Kim and Awesom Kong were pulling bigger ratings than their big names and stupid storylines involving ten on ten factions.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Well that was a quick thread.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
One gimmick match negates 5 years of sabotage? Tell me what happens after that match...........Nothing

Y'know Motor City Mahine Guns and Beer Money supposedly had the greatest tag match in the past decade on an episode of Impact and what happened to them? NOTHING.

Tell when the track record speaks money.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
One gimmick match negates 5 years of sabotage? Tell me what happens after that match...........Nothing

Y'know Motor City Mahine Guns and Beer Money supposedly had the greatest tag match in the past decade on an episode of Impact and what happened to them? NOTHING.

Tell when the track record speaks money.

2 gimmick matches actually 8D But in all seriousness I think TNA is just starting to try and give them another shot but we all know it's never gonna reach the heights it was again.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well with seemingl only five women on the TNA roster, one could hope they can fix their division, but history is on my side and it isn't good history and leaves my optimism out of the equation.

If TNA wanted to do right by the women, they would actually pay them equally to the men on the same level as they are and pay some damn medical bills.

Reaction score
Check out the Gail Kim/Taryn Tarrell ladder match and come back.
Seen it. Was pretty good. but Gail Kim been great it's just when they had all the divas in the ring and there was like 4-5 chicks usually they have people around that don't wrestle to often

Enough said these two knockouts put better matches on then the whole WWE Divas Division are capable of!
I don't agreee I just WWE limits there chicks as what they allow them too do. Is it that Divas couldn't do a ladder match or wwe won't let them You can't even do those typee of matches with girls in video games

Last edited by a moderator:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Laurinitis killed the Divas division in WWE, it was an excuse to hire clueless models to come in and basically get let loose among the wrestlers. Would sound like a tinfoil hat wearing rant, too bad it's true. JR cared, Johnny Ace didn't and this is why WWE has shit wrestlers and don't care about womens wrestling at all., That and they don't want to potentiallly book them into something that could fuck em up and not be camera ready.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well an incompetence from TNA to pay them money that would mean they didn't need a second job and Hulk Hogan being a total douchebag is what sent the KO Division on a downwards spiral.

They still have a good foundation in place but they just need to add some fresh blood to the ranks. They've got 2 of the best mainstream female wrestlers in Gail Kim and a rejuvenated Mickie James who are also the vets and the leaders. They've got Miss Tess who they've trained to be more than a competent wrestler and with Taryn (all be it in 2 gimmick matches and with a seasoned vet) that looks to have decent enough potential too and has shown more in a month than Kelly Kelly who she's most comparable to in her whole career.

Ivelisse is still affiliated with them and could be the Lita of their division and they should throw however much money at them to get Kong back and for Beth to sign.

Basically, they have the foundations of talent in place they just need to build on it and add some extra quality to it.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I know I haven't watched TNA in a while but I had no idea things were getting this bad where the hell is all the money going that can't even pay their stars properly.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is a bit sad how it continues to be reglected by TNA. When it was at it's peak it was fantastic and was rightly getting the highest ratings on Impact, they had a stacked division at one time ably lead by Gail Kim and Awesome Kong. I think that TNA's biggest mistake with the Knockouts was not giving them their own one hour show when SpikeTV wanted another hour from TNA. Instead they created that Reaction show which didn't rate that well, I have a feeling that the reason they didn't get their own show is that too many backstage were worried that it would outrate Impact.

TNA have done the right thing by dropping the KO Tag Team titles as they simply don't have enough female wrestlers to sustain two title divisions. Everyone should be focussed on that one title. They may only have half a dozen KOs signed but if they gave them enough time on Impact each week that is more than enough to sustain the division especially with Gail and Mickie carrying it.

Who do they even have left that can wrestle?

Gail Kim, Mickie James, Taryn, Brooke, Velvet Sky. Is that it or does ODB get added to that list as well?