What guys would you send to OVW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
With the news of TNA sending talent down to OVW to get more help, who would you send down there for extra training?

I'd send down Abyss to get in better shape.

I'd send D-von since he is a veteran and could actually help with the young guys in OVW.

Gunner needs to be sent down because honestly, right now I see nothing in this guy.

Mark Haskins could go down there as well since he isn't doing anything.

I also imagine The Pope would receive a huge pop from his home OVW crowd.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Devon & Jackie would be great trainers.

Just looked at the TNA roster page and funnily enough there's only about 3 people who could probably do with being sent down there to learn some more. After that, it's just a case of the main roster being far too bloated to accomodate everyone.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The problem TNA have is quite a few of the wrestlers are on a pay per appearance deal so they won't be able to afford being sent down to OVW, just look at Jesse Neal is leaving because they want to send him down to OVW. TNA will need to bring in a developmental type deal to ensure that wrestlers that are sent down there can actually earn a living.

The wrestlers I would send down to OVW would be:

Anthony Nese (Who is he?)
Mark Haskins (Rarely been used)
Rob Terry (So he can learn to work)
Zema Ion (Give him a gimmick that can work)

I haven't bothered with the KO's because I don't know quite a few of them.

TheZig

Reaction score
I also checked the roster and it does seem bloated with talent who haven't stuck out yet at all. Heres a few of the guys i would send down.

Jesse Sorensen - They just stuck him with a texas coolege football player gimmick.
Gunner - He needs to create a persona because currently he looks like a badly made caw on a wrestling game.
Rob Terry - I know he trained at Team 3D's school but he could do with a little more work, Maybe keep him away till around march.
Mark Haskins - I haven't seen him used since the X Division ppv.

TNA could also take advantage of this situation and sign some independant talent with a promise of a potential run in the company. Then there is the current OVW roster that TNA could have look through for potential in the future.

Deuce

Reaction score
I think I would only send Devon down there, he's a veteran and he knows his stuff. The guy has had some pretty extreme matches in his career and knows how to dish out punishment. He could be the best trainer there if TNA decides to send him there.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think it's more of taking nobodies from random Indy feds and grooming them for what they want. That's what TNA should be doing.

As for people that need polishing Rob Terry is at the top of the list. However, I actually like Gunner in TNA personally, his role of being pretty much a hired gun for Immortal has actually in my estimation been a good fit considering how much exposure they were giving him at one point.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think I would only send Devon down there, he's a veteran and he knows his stuff. The guy has had some pretty extreme matches in his career and knows how to dish out punishment. He could be the best trainer there if TNA decides to send him there.

Devon already runs his own wrestling school with Bully Ray, and this school was overlooked by TNA for this role as a developmental league. I don't think that Devon would accept the training role since he already has his own students to train.

Deuce

Reaction score
Devon already runs his own wrestling school with Bully Ray, and this school was overlooked by TNA for this role as a developmental league. I don't think that Devon would accept the training role since he already has his own students to train.

I actually didn't know that, I guess he WON'T be accepting that role since he has his own wrestling school.