What do you think makes a Pro Wrestler greater, having in great technical skills or...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What do you think makes a Pro Wrestler greater, having in great technical skills or huge pop?

• Great Technical Skills and movesets

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Huge Pop/Being highly over from the fans

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
being hugely over with the fans(regardless of wrestling skills)?

Obviously, you need both to be considered a great wrestler but if you had to pick only one between the two. Which one do you think makes a wrestler greater?

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Depends on if your talking strictly pro wrestler or WWE superstar. Pro wrestler is obviously the in ring skill and WWE superstar tends to lean towards pop/over (or who they want to be over regardless of crowd reactions).

Me personally, I like someone who can talk on the mic and wrestle. I can accept someone not being quite as good if they can cut a good promo (they still have to be decent wrestles though, mic skills don't make up for everything).

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Being over is the most important thing, it's all about connecting with the fans... With the way things are now, being a great in-ring worker really helps get you over with the fans.. They care more about that now than ever before.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I personally like a wrestler who has great in-ring talent but also being great on the mic is also another I like as well, for example, my favorite wrestler, Raven, is not the best technical-wrestler there is, but he knows how to cut a great promo compared to another wrestler I like Bret Hart who is a great technical wrestler, but decent on doing promos. Also, another thing I would add would be their gimmick because sometimes a wrestler's gimmick can them over as well.

Reactions: The Sheik

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I watch wrestling for the characters. I'm an entrance finisher sort of guy. But I can be won over by some great wrestling.

You can have a guy in a high school gym doing loads of crazy and technical moves, but does that make him better than Hulk Hogan? If you get more of reaction from one simple Ric Flair chop, then an inverted brainbuster cloverleaf then you are the better wrestler. It's about how over you can get your moves. It's about getting people invested. If you can do that by one simple move then you are the better professional wrestler.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Both have their fans, but when I say think of the greatest wrestler, who do you think of? Taker? Micheals? Flair? Austin? Rock? Hogan? They can all wrestle really well, but why do you like them? Because of Taker's Deadman persona, because of Micheals sexy boy attitude, because of Flair's style and profile, because of Austin's badass mentality, because of Rock's way on the mic, and because of Hogan's loud outfit and even louder voice. Skilled wrestlers are definitely a must, but it's character that makes you an all time great

Reactions: Jay-Ashley