What do you prefer: Heels or Faces?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Answer!

• Heels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Faces

• I like both of them equally

• Tweeners bitch

• Total voters

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Tweeners, bitch! Love the realistic characters, although obviously I'm more on the heel side. Even in companies like TNA with entertaining characters, on here Aries has to be the 4th person we mention (Roode, WTTCOTW, Bully) so it's gotta be the bad boys of professional wrestling.

calster33

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
yahoo.com
For a good while I was heavy into THE FACES. I really don't like nor do I understand Why people love HEELS so much-as I have never really much been into the saying of characters-what do you call it" The Men or The Characters You Love To Hate?" I've pretty much always been into The Heroine characters of stories and shows,and could never stand The Villains, I was always a "GOOD VERSUS EVIL,GOOD CONQUERS EVIL" type person.
BUT..,.then somebody stepped into the limelight so to speak, that can be a darn good face-which I loved,but he also is a DARN GOOD HEEL as well.
It's kind of taken me a little by surprise, I didn't know being a heel could actually be so much fun-even though at times-I do feel he goes a little overboard and someone needs to let him know so-lol. But-he's kind of shown me over time that HEELS AREN'T ALWAYS SO BAD-that HEELS CAN ACTUALLY BE PRETTY FUN AT TIMES(he knows who he is-YOU'RE A DARN GOOD FACE BUT YOU'RE ALSO A DAMN GOOD HEEL AS WELL-lol.)

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I prefer entertaining wrestlers. In WWE those just so happen to be heels 99% of the time because they don't know how to properly book faces in an entertaining fashion.

Reactions: Snowman1

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Have to say heel. A lot of them can pull it off so damn well. When I started watching, Orton was the Legend Killer and I really hated his guts and I couldn't stand him. Now that I'm older, it just tells me how good he was doing his part.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
The NWO angle is what first got me hooked to wrestling. Part of it was because I thought wrestling was real at the time, but I really did hate Hogan and the rest. But then, Austin was what got me hooked to the WWF in early '97. So, I think a fair answer is to say it depends on the specific face or heel. I love anyone who can simply portray their role (face or heel) greatly.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
'Heels' are too dark. They seem bitter and condescending. I realize good guys come across as fake, but a worker can't that. I believe moderation is key here, though. Being a good guy doesn't mean you are a paciifist. Pacifist are opposed to all violence completely and wrestling has no pacificists.

Reactions: Snowman1

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
In regards to heels and faces, I'd probably say I'd prefer heels as a whole just because while both can lead to poor characters who just do the lamest most clichéd way to get the desired reaction, and do them badly, it's much more painful watching someone kiss the crowd's ass than someone who's just throwing out generic insults at them.

But I never like looking at this from a on whole perspective because there's been ton of crappy and awesome heels and same goes with faces. It definitely should be looked at as a wrestler by wrestler basis. For example, I actually prefer recent face Orton to the heel, legacy era Randy Orton we had a few years ago because Orton slowed his offense down way to much for me to enjoy his in-ring work. Whereas the face him doesn't really do the whole methodical wrestling anymore, definitely not to the extent he did back then at the very least.

That said, I voted for Tweener Bitch! and only partially because I like saying bitch for emphasis. I think back to my favorite heel turn, CM Punk's in the summer of 09 because it wasn't instantaneous and took months to actually happen. During that time of masterful character development, Punk played the role of Tweener and that's the main reason I voted for it. Just the fact that tweeners are giving more character development, at least that also seems to be the case in WWE since I've started watching, definitely gives them the edge over heels & faces.

Reactions: Matt

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Mustafar Reginald said:
In regards to heels and faces, I'd probably say I'd prefer heels as a whole just because while both can lead to poor characters who just do the lamest most clichéd way to get the desired reaction, and do them badly, it's much more painful watching someone kiss the crowd's ass than someone who's just throwing out generic insults at them.

But I never like looking at this from a on whole perspective because there's been ton of crappy and awesome heels and same goes with faces. It definitely should be looked at as a wrestler by wrestler basis. For example, I actually prefer recent face Orton to the heel, legacy era Randy Orton we had a few years ago because Orton slowed his offense down way to much for me to enjoy his in-ring work. Whereas the face him doesn't really do the whole methodical wrestling anymore, definitely not to the extent he did back then at the very least.

That said, I voted for Tweener Bitch! and only partially because I like saying bitch for emphasis. I think back to my favorite heel turn, CM Punk's in the summer of 09 because it wasn't instantaneous and took months to actually happen. During that time of masterful character development, Punk played the role of Tweener and that's the main reason I voted for it. Just the fact that tweeners are giving more character development, at least that also seems to be the case in WWE since I've started watching, definitely gives them the edge over heels & faces.

What a glorious first post, liked :). Welcome to the site mate.