• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What do you do for a living or what are your future plans?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Just another way for people to get to know each other and exchange stories.

My dream job would be to be a Film critic or to write about films in some way. Of course when I was eighteen like so many others I didn't know what I wanted to do. At the time I worked
in a warehouse and just assumed that I would be in that sort of a job for the rest of my working life.

I have always enjoyed going to the movies and talking about films, or at least since my teens. However it is only in the last five or six years, maybe less than it has become such a passion
and something which I considered I could turn into a career. The turning point was when a friend of mine encoureged me to write reviews and people started saying that I had a talent for
it. After awhile I started getting work published in my local newspaper, as well as online.

Of course it is a tough career to break into, so I have seeked to further myself through education. Last year I took my GCSE English gaining a C grade and this year I am doing my A-Levels
and have had sevenal offers from UNI's, but it is Brighton which I intend to go to. It is such a great city, with so many possiblities and the Uni is a very modern, forward thinking one too.
As well as pushing me closer to my dream job, it will also be good to have the UNI experience as I never had the chance when I was younger. Should be starting in September.

Ok thats me, now how about you?

Andrew

My dream job was to be a travel consultant but after doing the course it's extremely hard to get into the industry.

So now I'm looking to study Cert IV in Outdoor Recreation & Youth Work, this can be a bonus given that I know Sign Language so working with deaf kids and doing recreational events would be a bonus.

So if that goes well that'd be sweet, I'd also love to get into Photo Journalism.

Guess I gotta see where the paths take me.

Chriss

In our country, kids are so stupid that they are not able to learn how to speak english so I always wanted to be an english teacher. You can't imagine the amount of money that the english teachers/translators make here in Slovakia.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Word of advice, you might want to lose terms like Kids are so stupid if you want to be a teacher, not the best way to motivate people. Good luck anyway I have respect for anyone who wants to teach and help better others. It is that sort of job where you have to do it because you love it, a bit like working in the medical professior.

Your career choice sounds very interesting too Andrew, it is good that you are keeping your options open.

The Cork

Banned
I got a degree in nutritional therapy so chose to set up my own business running an online supplement company. Won't lie and pretend its oh so succesful but it pays the bills so I'm happy enough, not everyone can be a Donald Trump :lol:

Used to work for Leicester Tigers part time as a nutritionist.

I always wanted to be a solicitor when I was growing up, didnt bother studying law for whatever reason though.

Pete

I'm a copywriter. I come from a journalistic background but had been doing unrelated jobs for the past year or so (marketing, call centre, etc). Hopefully now I can continue on this path.

Another of my long-term plans (I wouldn't say it's a dream anymore) is to become a published fiction writer. I've actually started on a book, but I have a tendency to never finish writing them, so let's see if this is the exception to that rule... Other than that, i don't actually think it will be that hard, considering most books I see on bookstore shelves these days are pathetically written (Twilight, anyone?). So if they make money, I can make money too - all I need is a little bit of luck.

Rated R Superstar

I am currently a Lot Associate for Home Depot, going to be in Seasonal soon, so something to look forward to as I have been doing Lot for 2 years. My future plans are to go to college for Audio visual technician, and possibly work my dream job as a guy who does all the light work for concerts and shit.

Killswitch

I landscape, but I'm the boss of the grass crew must know how to drive dump + trailer, plus be a man child on the machines. Hopefully one day I'll have my own business so I can make more money and not have any people bossing me around and stealing my excellent work for their benefit.

Derrick

I wanna be a rockstar. For real. Me and my band, which was disbanded about 5 months ago, were playing for a pretty long time, never recoded anything though. But we were really awesome n shit. I am a singer myself and I'm trying to master the art of guitar. That is my dream job.

But, out of all the "normal" jobs, I'd like to be a psychiatrist. These things have always attracted me, being basically able to control people's minds n shit. Also it's awesome to know everything about mental illnesses, atleast for me.

But yeah, Imma be a rockstar, mark my words.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I'm still in high school at the moment. My dream job would be something in sports, not neccesarily playing them, but being a broadcaster or journalist.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Right now I am unemployed, again! :(

Writing on a novel. Hopefully I manage to give it out. That's one of my goals in life

CaptainxBumout

I'm a writer of all sorts. Mainly I do screenwriting but I hope to be a director one day. I'm currently writing a small web series based on my time working at Blockbuster. Well that's only one thing. I tend to get distracted easily as I have about 8 projects including a comic book with a friend of mine who is a drawer and a book. I might turn my book into a screenplay because I suck at details. My specialty is character and dialogue and I occasionally get hired for small things like a review or article. Technically I'm unemployed though. Hopefully I get a steady job as I need more money to buy a new camera.

I sort of have a similar backstory as you Keith as I graduated and had no idea what I was going to do with my life. I loved movies and worked at blockbuster for over 2 years and it never even hit me to do stuff with movies. I'm still young as I just turned 21 but I feel with all my life experience I'm far more wiser than a lot of people my age.