• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What color is your passion? Quiz

LogicalWMD

Bret Hart Was Just Average, Couldn't Talk And His Fans are Dupes

One of the biggest hoaxes fans have fallen prey to is the myth that Bret Hart was a great star. Hart was no more than a droning bore who moved with robotic predictability arounf the ring, with a sleek physique packaged in catchy colors. And he was a long-haired handsome man. His colors and looks gave the promotion the idea to sell this drone as a throwback to a wrestling purist.

"The best there ever will be". Bret Hart aqctually believed it was less than absurd to claim he was better than any unborn wreswtler, indefinitely, forever till the end of time. Well the end of time and the number of wrestlers and their quality is impossible to know. But Hart was to dumb or hubristic to clue in to that simple mathematical truth. Or did this Joe lunchbucket think he defied the laws of mathematics?

I don't like Bret Hart. But I do give the man his due. Bret Had "Stroke".

LogicalWMD

So, you don't like Bret Hart because his catchphrase said he will be the best forever and it's almost definitely not true? WOW.

Not So Fast.

No, because he was a bore, he couldn't entertain, he's overrated and he's a sacred cow. he's nowhere in sight of the greats like Flair, Piper, Hogan, the Funks, HBK, Kiniski, Rhodes, Race Austin, Rock, HHH and more. During his reign, attendance ebbed, revenues fell, and when he left, both figures rose. He could not talk. He whined. Without the announce box selling him, he'd have hardly have been noticed. His DVD collection, for Crissakes, was selling at Walmart, for $3.99, shortly after its release. He's rated #35 in John Molinaro's definitive "Top 100 Wrestlers Of All Time." Once he left WWF he was lost in the bottomless well of WCW talent. He's sanctified now, because he's thought of as a martyr who sacrificed for the business. Pfft!!!

Wrestling Station

Man how old are you? Bret Hart is the best, you can not judge the best technical wrestler in the WWF history if your not working in the wrestling business.
So your claims are rejected.
End of story.

LogicalWMD

Man how old are you? Bret Hart is the best, you can not judge the best technical wrestler in the WWF history if your not working in the wrestling business.
So your claims are rejected.
End of story.

Best technical wrestler was Dynamite kid. Detail some of this great technique of Bret's. You mean I'd have to have wrestled Hart to have a valid opinion. Well Micheals and Flair, both of whom beat him numerius times saqy he was just ordinary good. He was just no fun. If he played heel at least he could punch and kick, then scream and shout. But I can put on a sharpshooter. Just repeated so many times everyone believes it. Owen was techniqually better. Steamboat. Thesz. Micheals, and he beat a back injury. Flair as face. Martel. What awe-inspiring move did Bret execute? He was just fine. His fans are brainwashed or taken in by this martyr sob story. He was cool looking.He was over 35 before he main evented. Terrible mike skills. Only aerial move was coming off the ropes. Just your say so gets my attention but I need to know what people saw in this guy.

CenaMark54

I never really liked Bret Hart that much.He was decent in the ring, but he was god aweful on the mic.

I truly believe that he is way overrated. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was never really a draw and was only pushed because of the steriod scandel and the mass defection of talent.

I always thought Owen was better and if he hadn't of died when he did he would be considered an all time great. He was the only Hart that actually had charisma.

By the way, wasn't the quote "The 5 moves of Doom" originated from Bret Harts moveset, or has it been around longer than that.

monkeystyle

One of the biggest hoaxes fans have fallen prey to is the myth that Bret Hart was a great star. Hart was no more than a droning bore who moved with robotic predictability arounf the ring, with a sleek physique packaged in catchy colors. And he was a long-haired handsome man. His colors and looks gave the promotion the idea to sell this drone as a throwback to a wrestling purist.

"The best there ever will be". Bret Hart aqctually believed it was less than absurd to claim he was better than any unborn wreswtler, indefinitely, forever till the end of time. Well the end of time and the number of wrestlers and their quality is impossible to know. But Hart was to dumb or hubristic to clue in to that simple mathematical truth. Or did this Joe lunchbucket think he defied the laws of mathematics?

Oh man.

You so totally did not just say that.

Bret Hart was by far one of the greatest wrestlers to ever step into a ring. I can't say he's the best because there is no one best. But to not acknowledge the fact that the guy had some of the best matches in history is nothing short of foolishness.

I dislike certain wrestlers (HBK, Randy Orton etc.), but even then I can give them credit when credit is due. Especially in HBK's case.

The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be? Perhaps Bret truly does think that was, but I doubt it.

I rather think that this was a catch phrase that was created out of his own recognition that the was one of the better workers at the time. Which was accurate given that he started in the WWE during the era of guys like Hogan, and Warrior who were top stars but wouldn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch.

Now however, before this is even brought up later on. Which it will be. Bret was wrong on Montreal. Very wrong.

Now please, I implore you not to inform Canadian authorities as to my last statement. Slagging Bret on Montreal is treason in this country.

Axis

Somebody get this out of my forums and into Street Fight.

Please.

monkeystyle

Shit. I never even noticed it was in the wrong place.

Lemme see if I can move it.

-Nope. My powers don't extend this far....

Get an admin or super mod to do it.

Nation

Your fucking supid. You don't know what a great wrestler is.

LogicalWMD

You're right. Bret had STROKE

Your fucking supid. You don't know what a great wrestler is.

See my list of greatest wrestlers of the 1960's which only one person has been knowledgeable enough to have the balls to reply to. That's the sign of a wrestling knowledge. A Lot of wrestling experts share my opinion and express themselves eloquently , not like you and Bret. Sorry goobie lets have a street fight and match wrestling expertise. What's this great technique that bret's got. Why did he quit from one kick from Goldberg? I'd say he's got no "heart". But he does have "stroke".Now know your role and shut your mouth . Verbally challenged blueberry!! Oh, sorry , you're probably only six!!