What can we do to make this place more active?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I haven't been here but a few days and I already love this place but there is one major thing missing.... ACTIVITY. Now this forum has over a thousand registered users, so how come there isn't a lot of activity? I brought WKF here and figured a lot of people would sign up for it but only one person has so far. I was hoping WKF would bring activity to this place but it hasn't. Baller is running a debate league in which he still needs six more people to sign up. So come on guys, we have the members but we got to be active. Let's all chip in and make some solid posts as well as signing up for WKF and/or the debate league. I know not everyone likes these things but what's hold you back? I think we (including myself) all need to chip in and work hard to get this place active. We get lots of guests in one day but they don't all sign up. I guarantee a reason they don't sign up is because of the activity level. I have seen a forum die that I really loved because of lack of activity and there is no need in it happening here. Now this isn't me trying to be an asshole to all of you. This is me encouraging all of you and encouraging myself to pitch in, make some solid posts, do something active here, and get this place buzzing!

I know it's not totally dead but it could be a LOT more active.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I got an idea, but I'm not sure how well received it would be here. How about you take various posters from the site that are moving through the ranks and judge them on their posts and opinions? Take like 10-15 people and have them compete for some sort of prize. I don't know what you could offer them, but they should have something to strive for.

It's just an idea.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Or what if we just had like a poster of the week award and at the end of each week, people can nominate someone for poster of the week and then an open poll goes up for those who were nominated and you vote?

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Nice follow up idea. You have more say here then me... Since you are apart of the staff. I would vote every week if that did happen.

Ben

Reaction score
In terms of activity I don't think where that bad. The core group of 30 or so members post pretty regularly it all comes down to growing on that number and adding more members at a steady pace.

Forums in general are harder to build up than they used to be and when it comes to wrestling forums there like 3 big legit sites and countless ones at are level. Think we will continue to grow as we make more moves like bringing the fed here.

Do something for the current active members is a good idea though and I'll look into adding a award system over the weekend.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I haven't been active since WCF originally died, but this time I'm actually going to try an accumulate at least more than 10 post a day.

Baller

Reaction score
Killswitch if you are going to be active, then you should join the debate league. All we need is one more person!

Ben

Reaction score
We'll start monthly awards this month, doing it weekly is overkill I uploaded all the files for it so it's all set to go, just have to figure out the voting and whatnot.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'm kind of new to this fourm, but i thought i'd say the debate league was a great idea to get more actvity on the site, and i'm looking forward to it starting up.

I'm also going to try and do 10-15 posts perday now, i can't guarntee anything with work and what not consuming most of my day, but i'm going to try and helpout to make the fourm more active, this has been the best forum i've ever signed up for, so anything to helpout.

jax_the_ax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
vader
You can start and advertise a mafia game thread. People seem to like those. I just get kicked out because "I don't take it seriously enough" The two times I got into one.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Weren't the two times you were in them Danger because I said you would take part and I never told you about them?

They work even better on forums as far as I've seen than in parties.

jax_the_ax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
vader
Well if you include the one that we started then its 3.