What are your most anticipated movies for '09?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Public Enemies - Johnny Depp is sure to become John Dillinger in every facet possible, and Christian Bale is hot property. Add the Academy Award-winning Marion Cotillard in a film about the 1930s crime wave and the rise of the FBI and there is a film I want to see.

Green Zone - I don't expect a glorious film because the plot is CIA agents looking for WMDs. Big whoop. However, a movie directed by Paul Greengrass (United 93 and the latest two Bourne films) with Matt Damon as the lead is worth a peek.

Shutter Island - Martin Scorsese mystery film based on the brilliant Dennis Lehane novel, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Mark Ruffalo.

Angels & Demons - If you loved The Da Vinci Code ... so it makes sense to see the sequel.

Inglourious Basterds - I guess, but I hate Tarantino and the fact a half-decent actor like Brad Pitt is cast alongside Eli Roth. Would need to see this a few times.

9 - Eerily beautiful say a few critics. From the brilliant Tim Burton and visuals mastermind Timur Bekmambetov. Watch this trailer and see for yourself.

[YT]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JIpZxBczWUg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JIpZxBczWUg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YT]

Should be an excellent year of film.

Reaction score
Inglourious Basterds - I guess, but I hate Tarantino and the fact a half-decent actor like Brad Pitt is cast alongside Eli Roth. Would need to see this a few times.

Should be an excellent year of film.

You mean Brad Pitt USED to be a half-decent actor. Tarantino's films are extremely overrated, but then again, so is Brad Pitt so I guess this makes sense.

D-K-L

Reaction score
Terminator Salvation
Fast & Furious
Friday The 13th (Remake)
Transformers 2

Reaction score
You mean Brad Pitt USED to be a half-decent actor. Tarantino's films are extremely overrated, but then again, so is Brad Pitt so I guess this makes sense.

How about arguing if he was an actor of any decency at all? Hmm.

I'll scratch Inglorious Basterds, but I'm surprised Tarantino chose Pitt for a Tarantino riddle. Maybe I was confused and delirious when I mentioned Inglorious Basterds?

Black Jesus

Reaction score
Probably just the newest Friday The 13th movie the rest I can wait on or just bootlegg.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I doubt that JP4 will ever be made, let alone come out this year. It's been on the rumor train since 3 came out.

Anyways, some that I look forward to:
- Inglorious Bastards
- Terminator Salvation
- X-Men: Origins
- Friday the 13th
- Halloween 2
- Last House On the Left
- even though I've NEVER been a Star Trek fan, the new one looked decent (it's about the original Star Trek characters).
-Tyrannosaurus Rex
-The Haunted World of El Superbeasto

Wordlife

Notorious is on my list if you see my post... and I really have an urge to see it today. I'll let you guys know how it was, but no spoilers

monkeystyle

Reaction score
First of all Angels and Demons is a prequel. And the book was awful. The ending especially.

Saw the trailer for the Wolverine movie. That looks pretty shitty thus far too.

I'll likely check out Inglorious Bastards because I dig on Tarantino.

Same with Watchmen. I was a fan of the novel so I'll take a look.

Other than that... nothing stands out.

Dre

Reaction score
Anybody seen the trailer for 12 Rounds? The movie looks decent. I hope its way better then The Marine.

J

[yt]eA30cXhNoxE[/yt]

For those yet to see it, and I have to agree it kinda looks halfway decend, something I might actually go see. ALOT better than the marine looked when I first saw the trailers for that.

xtremebadass

There is only one movie I want to see this year...

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

That is going to be the craziest movie ever. It's got some nice rides in there too, they got the new Corvette.

Other than that probably Fast and Furious because everything else looks like it sucks when it comes to my taste in movies.