What AEW Roster Would You Like To See?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I mean KENTA is a given considering his exit and he’s good friends with PAC so I wouldn’t be surprised If he gets signed after his 30 days are up. Not sure about Summer Rae tbh. Austin Aries is another one, RVD, Motor City Machine Guns, Daniels & Kazarian, Chelsea Green because Zack Ryder and Cody are still allies so why not bring Zacks girlfriend in? Maybe Emma and The Beautiful People.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I mean KENTA is a given considering his exit and he’s good friends with PAC so I wouldn’t be surprised If he gets signed after his 30 days are up. Not sure about Summer Rae tbh. Austin Aries is another one, RVD, Motor City Machine Guns, Daniels & Kazarian, Chelsea Green because Zack Ryder and Cody are still allies so why not bring Zacks girlfriend in? Maybe Emma and The Beautiful People.

Oh God, I do want to see the Motor City Machine Guns in every promotion so I can see those yummy boys. Chris Sabin is a nice guy, as dumb as a brick but he is really nice. I got a pair of his ring worn tights :D

I am really thinking that this roster is going to be really good. Cody and the Bucks are doing a lot like Bischoff did in WCW. They are offering a different kind of product which will likely resemble the sport of wrestling and not focus on the Entertainment part of wrestling.

Ted Turner: Hey Vince, I am in the wrassling business.

Vince McMahon: Congratulations, but I am in the entertainment business, which is different from wrassling. I really don't know HOW it is different, but I love believing that it is different.

Innocent Bystander: Vince, if you are not in the wrestling business why is the name of your company World Wrestling Entertainment?

Vince McMahon: I don't have to answer questions, I'm the genetic jackhammer.

Innocent Bystander: you haven't been laid in 30 years have you?

I don't know what the hell that was all about. Damn, I am weird.

Anyhow, you know I would absolutely die if Nick Iggy and Kerry Awful, Team IOU and the Carnies, were brought to AEW. I don't think there is even a chance though.

• Haha

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Hey, it could be worse. They can have Reag wrestle Betty White... what the hell am I talking about? That would be awesome!

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Hey, it could be worse. They can have Reag wrestle Betty White... what the hell am I talking about? That would be awesome!
Betty White would win.

Chelsea Green signed with WWE like a month or two ago, so I doubt she would come unless her contact expires. Also, PAC is already back wrestling in Dragon Gate and has been for like month or so.

In reality, I wish they would sign people that aren't that well known that way they themselves can build superstars instead of banking on others fandoms, you know.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
How dare you think I would even think of hitting the global treasure known as Betty White?

• Haha

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Betty White is not a global treasure

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
There have been rumours that they have signed the Lucha Bros and if they did, then I'd be all for it.

Other names, doubt if all can work, but ones to consider:

OVE including Sami Callihan.
The New LAX
Brian Cage
If Dean isn't taking a break from wrestling upon his WWE exit, he'd be one good name.
Jimmy Havoc
Chris Brookes (and Kid Lykos if he finally isn't injured)
Austin Theory
All Ego, Ethan Page

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Jimmy Havoc

Called it... And welp, someone is going to be piledriven into lighttubes, hit with an Acid Rainmaker where the fall into tacs and glass, hands will be paper cut, and someone will be dropped onto lego bricks.

200.gif

Lux

Jobber
Reaction score
This is more of a hypothetical scenario in which we discuss what roster we'd like to see. After seeing recaps of the press conference, it seems like they're building onto something special. The issue I only find right now is, do they have a big enough star to appeal to the American audience?

I mean respect to all stars involved currently, but I do believe they'd need to take initiative in appealing to the Western Audience. I'm a fan of professional wrestling but I'm also a fan of sports entertainment. All In, while great, seemed like they had a bunch of low budget skits and segments which didn't appeal to me in a positive manner. Then again, it's just me but it came off to bush league.

So whole point of this thread is to see what roster you'd like to see in AEW? I do think they'd need some familiarity there for some casual viewers to get hooked, but not on some TNA level where they undermine their own stars.

Currently I'll name my own personal list.

CM Punk - I don't think he'll do the deal, but it'd be a nice way to get eyes on the product. I don't think he's worth more than $2 million dollars a year especially if they're being taped
Wade Barrett - Could be a good way to see him come back in wrestling. His career was kinda cut short, so hopefully they do reach out to him.
Enzo and Cass - Could be a nice mix to the tag-division. They're not top picks, but still some familiarity with the audience.

Summer Rae either as a valet or wrestler.

Anyways, how about you guys? I'm not trying to have a huge list because I want AEW to be it's own entity. Someone tweet this thread to Cody or the Bucks. Might read it.

C M Punk would be a great addition IMO

Lux

Jobber
Reaction score
I made a wish list some of them have been bouncing from promotion to promotion or under utilized where they are

BIG NAMES; C M Punk
CONFIRMED; Chris Jericho
Adam 'Hangman' Page
Joey Janela
POSSIBLE(?) / WISH LIST
Luster The Legend
Fred Yehi
Andrew Everett
Matt Angel
Zeus
Markus Burke
Eddie Kingston