We've got progress, but the rating STILL blows...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
TNA iMPACT! on Spike TV scored a 0.86 last night March 22nd, up a tad from the 0.84 they brought in for the taped show last week. Below are the quarter numbers:

Q1: 0.79 rating – Eric Bischoff guitar solo, Jeff Jarrett and Bischoff verbal exchange
Q2: 0.85 rating – Mick Foley and Jarrett backstage, Beautiful People and Daffney vs. Tara, Angelina Love, Taylor Wilde, and Sarita, Ric Flair and A.J. Styles arrive
Q3: 0.93 rating – Hulk Hogan and Abyss promo, Flair and Styles interrupt, Sting and D’Angelo Dinero get involved
Q4: 0.76 rating – Continuation of the previous angle, Rob Terry vs. Tomko, Jarrett and Foley promo, multiple commercial breaks
Q5: 0.85 rating – Jarrett vs. Foley with Beer Money as refs, Bischoff on commentary
Q6: 0.97 rating – Conclusion of Jarrett vs. Foley, Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy save, Foley says goodbye and roughs up Bubba The Love Sponge, Bischoff and Hogan backstage
Q7: 0.89 rating – Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez match and injury angle
Q8: 0.85 rating – Hernandez loaded into the ambulance, Hardy and RVD vs. Beer Money,
Overrun: 0.81 rating – Main event conclusion, Eric Young
PWSpoilers.com

Yup.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Thats unfortunate, TNA should be getting a littler higher rating than that, the last show wasn't great, but it was cool.

missmondaynight

Reaction score
it isnt gonna happen overnight if it even happens but a slight bump in rating each week will pay off in few months and maybe years

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I'd like to see how TNA's main event would have fared if TNA would have aired an hour earlier like pretty much everybody and their dog has been saying.

MizMasta3000

� WWE may have been paying more attention to last week's TNA iMPACT! then they may have let on. One WWE source noted that the production team was definitely keeping an eye on iMPACT! and estimated that one of every five TV monitors in the production area were tuned to TNA iMPACT!

I bet they watch it for cheap lulz.

But yeah...TNA should do more advertising. Something has to be done. People who say it won't happen overnight don't understand that Hogan wants it to happen overnight.

Reaction score
They really need to go 8-10. That's what helped Nitro for 2 years. One uncontested hour to get people to tune in later. They should have a big match to start off the show then a promo or two to plug the next hour.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I read an interview where Bischoff said this was just a test run. If the ratings keep blowing, then they'll move to 8 -10.

Shouldn't this be in the ratings thread and not a whole new one?

TDamien

Reaction score
I read an interview where Bischoff said this was just a test run. If the ratings keep blowing, then they'll move to 8 -10.

Shouldn't this be in the ratings thread and not a whole new one?

I still say they need a 3 hour show. I was thinking it would be best benefit to do that and make it 9-12... that way Raw viewers might switch after Raw to see the main event. Though 8-11 could be good too. If the first hour really kicks a**, Raw viewers might keep the channel on Impact.

LadyHotrod

I still say they need a 3 hour show. I was thinking it would be best benefit to do that and make it 9-12... that way Raw viewers might switch after Raw to see the main event. Though 8-11 could be good too. If the first hour really kicks a**, Raw viewers might keep the channel on Impact.

Even if they do a 3 hour show, I don't think it will help the ratings. No matter how bad WWE can get, people will still tune in. TNA, imo, has become incresingly ridiculous for a while now and it just gets worse, from Samoa Joe's 'kidnapping' to Abyss and his Green Lantern ring.

TDamien

Reaction score
Even if they do a 3 hour show, I don't think it will help the ratings. No matter how bad WWE can get, people will still tune in. TNA, imo, has become incresingly ridiculous for a while now and it just gets worse, from Samoa Joe's 'kidnapping' to Abyss and his Green Lantern ring.

Those things are kind of cheezy but I can see SJ's kidnapping lead to something good. I'm thinking and hoping he'll return as a blood thirsty heel. As for the ring... if Abyss reaches the point of carryng the company, the ring will come off.