Well Known Controversial Racial Topic about WWE...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
NOT STARTING A RACE WAR I'M JUST SPEAKING ON A CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT....

Recently I watched the RAW segment of "I did it for The Rock" and how Rikishi was talking about how Samoan Wrestlers was held back. In the comments section people were mentioning how Roman Reigns is being pushed to the moon. Most of all they were talking about how...

There has never been a Black/African American WWE Champion in history. Also half of the people who were saying this aren't even Black...

A lot of people say that The Rock don't count because he's biracial and affiliates himself with his Samoan bloodline more.To me Rock don't really a knowledge himself as black unless it's a role in a movie. Also they say that WHC don't count because it's secondary to the WWE title. And truly I agree....

Here is two vids from a guy who feels strongly on this topic

He posted the two vid and they were right on the money.

1. To me Booker T should have gotten the WWE title within his first 3 years. Like the guy said it took Booker 5 years to get a World Title and it wasn't the WWE Title. Plus he won it with an the ridiculous gimmick King Booker. This man is 1 of The top 3 Greatest Black Wrestler ever, or Arguably The Greatest Black Wrestler ever. But WWE had the nerve to bury him at WM 19 for a World Title that is not the WWE Title. This is just absurd.

2. Shelton Benjamin's injustice is just sickening... This man arguably was the most athletic Black Wrestler ever! This man was never given any World Title. If you look it up WWE even had plans to make Muhammad Hassan the new Youngest World Heavy-weight Champion by beating Batista at Summer Slam. But Benjamin after all the insane athletic moments he pulled was never given a WWE Title. I don't even think he was even featured in a No.1 Contenders match besides the Royal Rumble. This pisses a lot of people off to see a guy like Benjamin never been given a World Title.

Also there's even a sad fact. TNA and Other companies has had more Black World Champions than WWE has had in over 50 years!...

Now if that isn't something suspicious and something shameful I don't know what is.

As a Black Guy I really feel this is a slap in the face. I appreciate my fellow African Americans who a seeing this and standing up towards it. I also appreciate that there are so many others besides African Americans who see this, and look at it as disgusting and standing up aswell.

Well how do you all feel?....

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyler2

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
As a Black Guy I really feel this is a slap in the face.
I learned something new today, and not in a joking manner.

Anyways, I agree with you on Booker T. The guy was a slept on talent on till recently when people looked back on his career and matches and realized the guy was great. I felt like he had the potential to be a world champion and carry the belt easily and be over like rover.

As for Shelton, I was never a huge fan of him, but I can see why people do and think he should have been the World Champion. As you mentioned the guy was/is still one of most athletic there is on WWE currently.

Also, The Rock does mention his black side from time to time, but the Somoan thing was pushed by WWF/E heavily due to several reasons such Vince and some of the creative at the time didn't think a biracial person would "click" with their audience, but a Somoan one would due to reasons.

And if you are looking for why there hasn't been one? Well, that is a subject of who said what and everything because if you listen to certain wrestlers and former bookers Vince and some of his people never thought the audience could "click" with someone who wasn't white and that is why non-white people got the short shaft so to say. I mean, there are plenty of shoot interviews and such of people talking about this subject in greater detail.

Also, I am not sure, but I think this would be better suited over in the serious topics and discussion side of this forum.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
It's just excuses just to accuse WWE of being racist.

"The Rock doesn't count".. even though he's black..

"World Heavyweight Title doesn't count either".. even though it's still a World Title.

It's shit I hear time and time again just for a reason to criticize WWE.. even though they don't have a good argument.. They prove themselves wrong when they mention The Rock and the World Title.

People need to stop bringing up race all the time.. It doesn't matter, we are all fucking people..

How about.. Booker T, a talented athlete has never become WWE champion.. rather than Booker T a black man has never held the WWE Title...

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
"World Heavyweight Title doesn't count either".. even though it's still a World Title.
Okay let me ask you where is The World Heavy-weight Title now? Reason why they say The World Heavy-weight Title is secondary is because it is not here anymore, and there was another secondary World Title to take it's place. That is The Universal Belt. Probably in the future there will be another one.

But the WWF/E Title has and always will be here...

They chose The Rock because of his Samoan family history within the business. Before and Since The Rock there have been tons of black guys who could have stepped up. Truly The Rock was like a special lucky color in the crayon box. He was half black but they shined on him because of his Samoan bloodline

You probably are going to say well he was a part of The Nation Of Domination. Well they did that because after his debut he was going nowhere. They were chanting "Die Rocky Die" "Rocky sucks". Basically to make him interesting they had to turn him heel.

So basically that is why a lot of people don't put him in that category.

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
world heavyweight title counts as world titles imo. So there has been black wwe world champions just not the wwe championship.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
world heavyweight title counts as world titles imo. So there has been black wwe world champions just not the wwe championship.
That's basically the issue. Since The World Heavy-weight Title has a WCW origin they didn't mind giving it to Black Wrestlers. But they never seem to put The WWF/E Title in a Black Wrestler's hands.

Like I said The WHC has been replaced by the Universal Title and another one may come along in the future. That is what those are Secondary World Titles. But The WWF/E Title has and always will be here.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I think R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Bobby Lashley, Mark Henry should've been WWE Champion. I mean Truth was a legit star in TNA. One time Vince Russo was deciding who deserves a world title match He picked Styles who ended up winning great match BUT the Tennessee crowd was chanting Truth. Bobby Lashley held every title at one point in TNA and no one could beat him not even EC3 and Drew Galloway I mean Ziggler's buddy

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
And now all I can think of is that Booker T/Triple H
feud that was written EXTREMELY poorly.

Well...the WWE is owned by a White American...

I mean maybe its a "McMahon family" preference?

I've actually recently been making chirping sounds in
regards to the treatment of Japanese performers Asuka
& Nakamura...mainly because in NXT they appeared like
larger than life superheroes while on the main roster...
they have both been basically ruined & "taken down a
few pegs" so to speak.

I mean Nakamura had 6 World title shots & still failed
to win the belt (so he's a loser) & once Asuka's streak
had been given to Charlotte (White American) she
was jobbed out to Carmella (White American) and
she is now teaming with Naomi...Oh God...they are
going to call their team "The Colorful Minorities" aren't
they?

Look...I don't really want to think about skin color &
countries of origins because at the end of the day we
are all human...we all bleed red...but sometimes the
past & present booking by the WWE does make me
raise an eyebrow.

Last edited:

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
And now all I can think of is that Booker T./Triple
feud that was written EXTREMELY poorly.

Well...the WWE is owned by a White American...

I mean maybe its a "McMahon family" preference?

I've actually recently been making chirping sounds in
regards to the treatment of Japanese performers Asuka
& Nakamura...mainly because in NXT they appeared like
larger than life superheroes while on the main roster...
they have both been basically ruined & "taken down a
few pegs" so to speak.

I mean Nakamura had 6 World title shots & still failed
to win the belt (so he's a loser) & once Asuka's streak
had been given to Charlotte (White American) she
was jobbed out to Carmella (White American) and
she is now teaming with Naomi...Oh God...they are
going to call their team "The Colorful Minorities" are
they?

Look...I don't really want to think about skin color &
countries of origins because at the end of the day we
are all human...we all bleed red...but sometimes the
past & present booking by the WWE does make me
raise an eyebrow.
Also The Colóns, it's kinda sad because Orlando or Epico actually seemed like a badass in Puerto Rico. Dude was throwing fireballs at his uncle which caused the Icon Stizing to challenge him at Anniversario to teach him respect. Also Eddie or Primo(dumb name also) beat Abdullah The Butcher before Carly or Carlito could

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If someone thinks something is true, one can go to great lengths to make their point be known, whether factual or not...Life is a state of mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Redboy123@

Reaction score
If you look at it in kayfabe the fact a black guy hasn't won the wwe title is just weird.

Last edited:

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
This may not be noticable to some, but as the years go by the more blatant it becomes.

You see there are fans upset that guys like Bray Wyatt and Jinder Mahal received The Title and guys like Kofi Kingston and Shelton Benjamin didn't. Those people couldn't stand that those guys were Champions, but guys like Benjamin and Kofi never got it even after all the OMG moments they gave us.

As soon as Shelton Benjamin returned everyone thought he was going to be in the Main Event scene, but they put him in a Tag Team scene. A lot of people saw that as a waste of opportunity. Fans are still pissed about that. I would have loved to have seen a AJ Styles rivalry.

You do all the epic return promos like you are finally going to shoot him for the stars, but as soon as he comes back you put him back in the mid-card scene. They are just using him to fill a slot on the card. He is not getting any Storylines or Title matches he deserves... My reaction is SM F-ing H

I don't even want to start talking about they waste Kofi, Big E, and Xavier with the New Day gimmick. A lot of people are also beginning to say they are being wasted used in that way.

Last edited:

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I truly understand why a lot of you guys say Shelton was bland. But over the years there have been many Superstars who were bland but once the responsibility of the Main Event scene came they got flavor. Prime example is Daniel Bryan after he won his first World Title.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I don't even want to start talking about they waste Kofi, Big E, and Xavier with the New Day gimmick. A lot of people are also beginning to say they are being wasted used in that way.
I know you don't want to start talking about it but I think the New Day are pretty much a fairy tale story for all three guys. If you think they are being wasted as part of one the best tag teams of this generation then I would disagree considering where they started to where they are now. It revitalised Kofi, stopped Big E's stagnation and pretty much saved Wood's WWE career. If the New Day gimmick didn't happen then I doubt all three guys was be in a any better position. Now Big E and Woods are fully established and proven cash cows I think the New Day gimmick has only encouraged the development of black wwe champion.

MVP could of been a good heel world champion if they invested more in he's character. I guess he's wrestling wasn't up to scratch and there was a glass ceiling when he was a babyface. Whether that was down to the colour of he's skin...maybe I doubt it.

Benjamin was pushed and was at one point was over huge. He's always that guy that everybody says should of been world champ. Everybody says he's so underrated that he is actually overrated. But he truley was a guy you could of strapped a rocket onto, not like he was going to fail miserably. I more inclined to think that this was a racial issue but then again sometimes things don't work out for some people.

Now you can say Benjamin wasn't a good promo. But you can't say that about Truth. In 2011 Truth was nothing short but sensational. But if won the title then we wouldn't of had Cena vs Punk Mitb 2011. Likewise with Mark Henry in 2013. Wrong place at the wrong time.

Booker should of been WWE champ. that is all

Shelton was athletic but was about as exciting as watching paint dry
I dunno, I've been excited by Shelton in the past. Triple H on the other hand...boring af most of the time. how many times has that guy main evented a ppv and the match was boring af

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.