Weird WWE Character You Like?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Which of the past & present WWE weird, strange characters do You like the Most ?
it's Your choice Examples Only..

Reactions: Crash

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
I didn't think Waylon Mercy was all that bad. Unlike the psycho-man gimmicks of Bob Backlund and Ken Shamrock, Mercy was a much more endearing persona and seemed to have the potential to go over with the crowd. He was a Southern gentleman who was clearly derived from Max Cady in Cape Fear. But Dan Spivey was suffering injuries and lost to Savio Vega in an upset at In Your House in 1995 and wasn't seen in the WWE ever again.

Reactions: Crash

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I'm not sure if it counts but I miss 08-10 big word suit Chris Jericho. Probably his biggest heel run one time in Daytona Beach I thought a riot would break out. Also it was funny hearing the crowd boo him when he called them hypocrites and tapeworms weekly. Some might say List of Jericho but List of Jericho was popular. Suit Jericho was hated except on the internet

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Red Rooster was entertaining. Maybe it was during the golden age of the WWF, but after he lost to Tito Santana on Saturday Night's Main Event he beat up his manager Bobby Heenan who was berating him throughout the match and became a 'face. He won over the crowd that night.

And if YOU don't like The Red Rooster then you can just cock-a-doodle do your ass on outta the WWE Forums!

Red Rooster.jpg

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Babyface Doink. Marks complain about how the WWF ruined Doink by turning him 'face but they would like Doink to play the role of the heelish clown for his entire career. Most wrestlers have to play both 'face and heel if they want to have longevity in the business. They can't just play the role of the heel because the act is going to get stale. In the early 90's, WWF was going through the New Generation Era and a fun loving Doink with his sidekick Dink was a perfect attraction for the kids. Little kids aren't interested in a sadistic clown.

Last edited:
Reactions: Village Idiot

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Well Dunn. I used to get teased at a lot by my friend in middle school for marking out for this tag team (they looked like Chippendales dancers), but Timothy Well and Steven Dunn were fundamentally skilled wrestlers. They were athletic, agile, had a good look. Harvey Wippleman was their manager and when Wipppleman was managing a performer's career in the 1990's, wrestlers were on the losing end of all of their matches (case in point is Kwang the Ninja and Mr. Hughes). Well Dunn couldn't even beat the Bushwhackers and lost to the makeshift team of Bob Holly and 1-2-3 Kid in the tag team title tournament in 1994.

Reactions: Village Idiot

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone else remember Disco Inferno from WCW?

OffensiveGiddyLark-size_restricted.gif

I don't know why but I always liked watching his matches
on Nitro.

Also I have to admit I thought Papa Shango was great...
despite the...racial...issues surrounding the gimmick.

Its still amazing to me that he would eventually become
the Godfather.

Wrestling is so stupid sometimes...but as long as its fun.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
The Missing Link. His stint in the WWF was brief, it was only one year, but Missing Link could've been a precursor to future face painted stars The Boogeyman and Ultimate Warrior. For instance, Missing Link was billed as hailing from Parts Unknown in 1985. Warrior was billed from Parts Unknown when he made his WWF debut in 1987. Link's unpredictable, wildman mannerisms could have been a precursor to Warrior's character. And Boogeyman's facepaint is uncannily similar to Missing Link.

Missing Link.jpg