Weight Loss.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Well a few of you forum members know that I recently began another attempt of weight loss. I have tried countless times before, but quickly lost motivation due to other things in life being poor and not going right. However recently things in life have been looking up, and in the past 3 weeks I've lost 8/9lbs which I really am happy of doing.

I'm just wondering if any one else has successfully lost weight before, or is currently in the middle of doing so or planning to. My aim is to lose around 4 or 5 stone right now, I dunno what that is in lbs but I guess we could work it out if any one is interested. Also any of you have tips to losing it well?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Theres 14lbs in a stone which means you are looking at dropping up to 70lbs, which is fairly drastic.

I have a degree in bio science (nutrition, to normal people) so could help you but you make me think you haven't thought this through by the pie in the sky targets you are setting.

Firstly, why are you wanting to lose the weight, is it to do with psychological reasons or for a particular sport or what?

Secondly, what is your height and weight (and age) so we can figure out your BMI and if it's even advisable to lose so much mass.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I'll inbox you, I don't want to publicly do it. I'm losing the weight due to personal reasons. I am overweight, way to overweight for my liking. I love playing sports, but due to my weight, I'm not doing as good at them as I once could.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
here is the simple farmula for weight loss - Eat Clean and Train like a hungry lion dying to catch its pray . I lost about 30 pounds in 2 months and now i am aiming to lose 5 more pounds to become a beast . At one time i was 220 pound because last year i broke my leg so due to that , i gained about 40 pounds .

Dont waste time reading worthless shit on internet . Just try to burn your calories as much as you can . Use stairs , run , keep moving the whole day . IF you go to gym thats good , if not , do sit-ups , press ups e.t.c.. . The main point is keep your metaboilism rate high the whole day . P.S dont forget to drink loads of water .

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I love water, so that's not an issue at all. 30 pounds in two months is freaking crazy lol.

Reaction score
Hey Prodigy, all the best.

I wanted to comment on this because I have a very strong recommendation for you. If you want a tangible system for not just losing the weight, but increasing your strength, your endurance, your entire quality of life - brother you need to check out www.DDPYoga.com

I mean first thing's first, we're all wrestling fans right? You got DDP workin' out with you in your living room basically. Not to mention that if you hit DDP up on the website, and up on Twitter, he will respond. He's got thousands of people doing this now, but he will stop and take the time to give you encouragement and tips when you need them.

The workout itself is incredible. I've never been a workout guy. I did some sports and whatnot, but I can't stand gyms. I really needed something though to sustain me. I got a family to set an example for, and I realized that DDP is a real dude and this workout is for real. He's not in this to take your money, he's in this to help.

That's my sermon. I'll back off the soapbox, but send a tweet to @DDPYoga or go to www.ddpyoga.com and have a peek. If you combine it with the proper eating, you will see the results.

I'll leave you with this one video to watch. When I was making up my mind about DDPYoga, after DDP himself had personally e-mailed me about it (that's another story), I watched this video about this war vet Arthur Boorman.

Watch what he accomplished. I felt shit, I have no excuse not to do this. I saw what he accomplished, and I knew I needed to get in on this and follow his lead.

[video=youtube;bIXOo8D9Qsc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIXOo8D9Qsc[/video]

Pete

Reaction score
Donate some of your extra pounds to me!

<--------------- Only person in the world trying to put ON weight.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
When I was like 10 years old, I was obese. Kids bullied me, everything sucked. However, during the school summer break before 5th grade I've asked my dad what to do. He told me that I have to work out and eat healthy things. And I've started doing so. To tell the truth, believe me or not, it took me a year, but I've lost 66 lbs. However, DO NOT do this the way I did it. It was unhealthy and my weight was ultra-low, almost anorectic. I have to work out all the time since then to put on weight again. I don't wanna be obese lol. At this moment, I weigh 154 lbs and I'm 5'87'' tall. This thing I've attempted to do to save not only my social life and self-confidence resulted in me having an extremely fast metabolism = I can eat basically anything and it won't reflect on my body. I do sports with my friends, and I'm semi-muscular and stuff. For being 17 years old, soon to turn 18, I think I look okay now.
But back to the topic, Prod, the main moral of the story was: Do it, don't give up, but don't OVERDO it bro.

Pete

Reaction score
I'm 27 years old, 5'8'', and I weigh around 140lbs (62kg). And yet I look healthy, my body is proportioned, etc. I, too, eat healthy quantities of food without getting fat (although I have a slight paunch, resulting from a period of a few months eating too much fast food and drinking too much). I have a bad back, so I can only lift up to 40kg or so (and that's bench-pressing, not standing). I've run out of ideas on how to put on weight and muscle, because I'm a bit embarrassed that I weigh as much as a teenage boy, and only slightly more than the average girl.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't be lazy, thats all.

Keep working out everyday for a month and it will become a habit.

Oh and run ffs.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
On its own, I can't run, I have issues with my feet which make it a painful experience if I'm just jogging, but I'm making sure I include it in other forms of exercise such as Football (not NFL) and Tennis. I walk as well which helps.