Weekly TNA Impact Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
May or may not be a spoiler for this week's Impact, but in case it's not and you haven't seen Impact's social media, look what just got announced for Slammiversary on Sunday:

19429823_10154937601386026_5322726824114773827_n.jpg

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
May or may not be a spoiler for this week's Impact, but in case it's not and you haven't seen Impact's social media, look what just got announced for Slammiversary on Sunday:

19429823_10154937601386026_5322726824114773827_n.jpg
Holy crap! This is awesome. I can't wait for Slammiversary.

Reactions: Jeffry Mason

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Holy crap! This is awesome. I can't wait for Slammiversary.
Yup. Better yet...it's been announced as a 4 way for the tag titles. EYF...I mean, LAX, Drago & Fantasma, a The Crash team, and a Noah team. As if Slammiversary wasn't good already...that match has sooooo much potential to steal the show, depending on who the Crash and Noah teams are.

Reactions: Crithu

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
19511330_10154948316546026_1252490964539907550_n.jpg

Added to the 4 way tag match. Along with Laredo Kid & Garza Jr (who aren't bad, but I don't care about nearly as much as the other 3 teams.) Is buying new pants a legit enough excuse to create a Gofundme?

Reactions: Crithu

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score

More Hot Rosemary & Allie action!

I'd love to give Rosemary a hug...but only if she'd slap me afterwards...

Slammiversary17-Title-e1497655229787.jpg

I have my fingers crossed that Rosemary will unify the 2 titles and remain knockouts
champion. Sienna does nothing for me personally as a wrestler/performer but...I'm kind
of bias as I absolutely love everything about Rosemary as a character.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
And Slammiversary is done and dusted...and...

And Sienna defeated Rosemary
to unify the two titles...and that pisses me right off!!!

Sienna is boring and her "gimmick" is stupid.

So much for that Rosemary/Gail Kim feud for the title...

Rosemary...266 days as Champion...Long Live The Hive!!!

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
And Slammiversary is done and dusted...and...

And Sienna defeated Rosemary
to unify the two titles...and that pisses me right off!!!

Sienna is boring and her "gimmick" is stupid.

So much for that Rosemary/Gail Kim feud for the title...

Rosemary...266 days as Champion...Long Live The Hive!!!
Incredible match though, with such a good finish. In my opinion, it will be great for adding more depth to her character. She hasn't had much of a chance to show almost any weakness. In the Courtney Rush/Cherry Bomb feud, her character started getting REALLY good after she was at her weakest and had her hair cut. The story of her revenge afterward was phenomenal, and is what basically gave us the Rosemary character in TNA to begin with.

In other news, I thought Slammiversary was just absolutely incredible. Not a single bad match on the show, and even the main event delivered, which shocked the hell out of me because that match on paper seemed boring as all hell. It was great to see El Patron actually give a shit about putting on a great match again, and Lashley was even better than he usually is. Highly recommended show for anyone who decided not to watch or was unable to watch

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Incredible match though, with such a good finish. In my opinion, it will be great for adding more depth to her character. She hasn't had much of a chance to show almost any weakness. In the Courtney Rush/Cherry Bomb feud, her character started getting REALLY good after she was at her weakest and had her hair cut. The story of her revenge afterward was phenomenal, and is what basically gave us the Rosemary character in TNA to begin with.
Really? Because I thought it was terribly overbooked with too much outside interference...

Ehh...I'm just bitter about the result.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Really? Because I thought it was terribly overbooked with too much outside interference...

Ehh...I'm just bitter about the result.
Any amount of KM is too much lol. But I don't think it hurt an overall great match. And again, I absolutely loved the finish. I know it's been alluded to before in TNA, but it was really refreshing for me to see/hear the historical usage of the mist being used/mentioned.

And that's understandable. I've also been a huge Rosemary fan, but I also like Sienna. And like I said, Rosemary losing is probably the best ending and it really opens up a lot of possibilities.

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Just finished Slammiversary, and it was awesome. I enjoyed every match on the show. The knockout's match was a little overbooked, but good imo. Rosemary has to be one of my favorite female wrestlers right now, but I am perfectly okay with Sienna getting the win. I've seen some of her other work, so I know that she can improve and show us more than what we've seen from her in impact so far. They should separate her from the Laurel Van Ness storyline and keep her away from KM (who is just awful). I think that Rosemary will do really well chasing the title once again. I hope that Gail Kim is returning to the ring as I think that would add to the division that is really lacking in depth right now.

The JB/Josh Mathews match was better than expected. It reminded me of the Broken Hardy stuff. I may have even enjoyed it more since it was less outlandish than any of the Hardy segments. James Mitchell is back with Abyss and I hope that continues because it could lead to more interesting moments. I just hope they don't ignore this tension between JB and Mathews going forward.

DeAngelo Williams really impressed me. They were hyping him with those training videos and I was expecting to be let down since he was wrestling his first match, but he seems like a natural. Impact should really try and convince him to come in and work for them again.

I'm curious who will join LAX. I have never been a fan of them (although their match was amazing last night).

Looking forward, things seem to be bright as we push forward in the build toward BFG which is confirmed to be taking place outside of the Impact Zone. I would love to see it take place in a big wrestling town with a decent sized crowd. Maybe even take it international.

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Slammiversary was awesome! I need to start watching Impact every week now.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Been super busy these past few days, and am just getting around to watching Impact. Am not finished yet, but 2 main things stand out in my mind:
1. ACH over Everett was a complete shock to me. I'm not complaining at all, but I honestly though this was Everett's road to the X Division Title. Him being out in the first round really makes this an unpredictable tournament, and I expect grade A matches throughout the rest of it based on who is in it and what has happened so far.
2. The minis match was pretty good. Super duper extra bonus points for the commentators actually taking them seriously instead of just making small jokes throughout the match, as most companies have done in the past. Delightful change of pace to finally see an American company take the Mexican tradition of minis seriously for once