Weekly TNA Impact Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Josh is awesome. And while the gimmick itself is...not the greatest in the world, Abyss plays the part of Joseph Park really well. It's not meant to be taken super seriously, after all

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Josh is awesome. And while the gimmick itself is...not the greatest in the world, Abyss plays the part of Joseph Park really well. It's not meant to be taken super seriously, after all

Can't stand Josh. Granted, he's better when he isn't arguing with JB but still *shudders*.

Yeah he does the part well but I'd rather have the big scary Abyss tearing through that upper card, they need more scary upper carders.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Can't stand Josh. Granted, he's better when he isn't arguing with JB but still *shudders*.

Yeah he does the part well but I'd rather have the big scary Abyss tearing through that upper card, they need more scary upper carders.
Josh and Pope make for an incredible team when JB isn't around, and when he's not saying those cringeworthy POPTV plugs that he's forced to say. I mean, would you rather have Keneley and Taz back?

Big scary upper card Abyss doesn't work when it is a constant thing, though. They are smart enough to give him different things to do and give him a break from that, so that he doesn't get stale (i.e. Bray Wyatt) and can be a big deal again when they bring him back. With Steve leaving, it's either this for a little while, or have him basically just help Rosemary in her matches every week, which would be boring and hurt them both in the long run.

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Cage matches with any kind of escape finish are a terrible concept. The only ones who can really look good are the cowardly heels. If the cage is designed to give the face a place to fight the heel without a place to run and to keep interference out, then why would the face want to run away by escaping the cage when the cage is their opportunity, in most cases, to finally have a fair shot and getting their revenge? It's a broken concept that really needs to be done away with in wrestling about 95% of the time.
Exactly, they should remove the escape stipulation altogether. The whole point of the match is to keep the action contained and make sure that the two are forced to fight each other (ie one competitor can't avoid the other). Escaping, whether through the door or over the cage, ruins the point of the match IMO (over the cage is passable if it wasn't overused, but the door thing is really bad).

As for Josh, he's awesome. He's so great at getting heat. I would honestly be okay with him losing at Slammiversary if it meant that he could move into a managing role (where I think he would do quite well). I think he would be able to push some of his heat onto whoever he was managing. I haven't seen Steiner wrestle recently so I hope he can still do some good stuff between the ropes. Umm guys, Joseph Park is not Abyss, it's his brother. Abyss is still injured from LAX.

I really like that they have been building up Slammiversary this year, unlike last year where it was thrown together just before the ppv.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
As for Josh, he's awesome. He's so great at getting heat. I would honestly be okay with him losing at Slammiversary if it meant that he could move into a managing role (where I think he would do quite well). I think he would be able to push some of his heat onto whoever he was managing.
That sounds like it could work very well, but I hate the fact that it's basically the same thing they did with Don West. And I would hate it even more after realizing that it would mean we have to listen to shitty JB on commentary. I hate him almost as much as I hate Kevin Kelly. Personally, I like his current role as basically a "manager to the heels" from the announce desk. It's really cool to me that they have Lashley as someone who is a friend of Josh's, and not just someone who Josh continuously puts over as his friend but is ignored by Lashley. It's very small details like that which tie the whole show together, instead of just having multiple separate segments of a wrestling show.

Umm guys, Joseph Park is not Abyss, it's his brother. Abyss is still injured from LAX.
Josh Matthews said Park is Abyss. Don't doubt the GOAT.

I really like that they have been building up Slammiversary this year, unlike last year where it was thrown together just before the ppv.
Could not agree more with this. The show ended up being fine, but there was no real reason to care about the show any more than a regular episode of Impact, which is not a good thing when you only have 2 real PPVs a year.

Reactions: Crithu

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
The crowd was on fire...the video packages were top notch...The JB/Joseph Park training was actually super entertaining...most of the stories progressed, and in logical and not-boring fashion...Slammiversary is being built to as a big show that really means something...and they have an incredibly talented roster. None of this is really news, and yet people STILL seem to hate on Impact. It's mind boggling that a promotion which is putting on shows as good as this on a consistent basis can still be hated on by fans whose only real reason at this point to hate on it is the same old tired excuse of "LOL TNA", which is really just an excuse for those fans to continue the trend of trying to be cool.

If this week's kickoff was any indication, I am really looking forward to the next episodes from India. My only real issue with this week's show was the commentators mentioning that LVN has yet to take off the wedding dress since being left at the alter, despite them showing her in normal clothing on her Instagram or whatever less than a minute or so prior during one of the India video packages. But I guess since that's kind of a behind the scenes little bonus feature type deal, it's a very forgivable mistake. Other than that one small thing, I highly enjoyed this week's episode

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Impact Wrestling paid fans in Mumbai, India, to attend the recent Impact Wrestling TV tapings.
The venue used for the tapings was actually a television studio which holds 500 people, and everyone in attendance was paid 250 to 400 rupees (between $3.80 and $7.60), to attend. It’s worth noting the practice of paying audience members is common for television shoots in India.

Read more at Impact Wrestling Reportedly Paid Fans to Attend TV Tapings in India

That's probably the reason why the crowd was so hot. Knowing that it's common in India to do that makes it less bad. It has also been reported that Sonjay Dutt and Shera were legitimately over.
Tickets were never for sale, apparently. So many actual Impact fans couldn't go to the show. That's what I have a problem with, if it's true.

Impactsona

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Favorite Sports Team
G4TDPQp

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Impact Wrestling paid fans in Mumbai, India, to attend the recent Impact Wrestling TV tapings.
The venue used for the tapings was actually a television studio which holds 500 people, and everyone in attendance was paid 250 to 400 rupees (between $3.80 and $7.60), to attend. It’s worth noting the practice of paying audience members is common for television shoots in India.

Read more at Impact Wrestling Reportedly Paid Fans to Attend TV Tapings in India

That's probably the reason why the crowd was so hot. Knowing that it's common in India to do that makes it less bad. It has also been reported that Sonjay Dutt and Shera were legitimately over.
Tickets were never for sale, apparently. So many actual Impact fans couldn't go to the show. That's what I have a problem with, if it's true.

It is common but not for sporting events, but that brings up the whole is it entertainment or sports category thing. Entertainment shows definitely pay the audience.

The episode was good, predictable results though, I hope Low Ki retains this week and they don't do 'oh we're in India let's give the indian origin dude the win. Low Ki is tearing it up in the division and I doubt Sonjay would be able to do the same.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
So did everyone watch and see Josh Matthews not only beat an Olympian and 1-on-1 Cricket champion, but also hit him with the most beautiful swanton this world has ever seen, just as promised?

Reactions: Crithu

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
I really wish they would do something with Braxton Sutter other than just kinda being there during Allie segments. Dude is so talented, and should have gotten some kind of MAJOR push after how well the wedding segment went (and really his performance in and out of the ring through that entire storyline), but they still seem hesitant to actually do anything important with the guy, which is a shame. Other than that, I thought it was another great episode, and I seriously can't wait for Slammiversary in a little more than a week

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I agree I am hyped for Slammiverslary. They did an excellent job this year of actually building to matches. Also, Jeff Jarrett is hyping Orlando's most influential resident being present.

Also good news: They received their second-highest rating of the year. I hope they continue to increase and other people start giving them a chance before just blowing them off because of their name. I think they should invest in some advertising and see if they can bring in some new fans.

I hope they bring in some more Women in the future, or if those ones that they bought a while back were permanent roster members, start using them again. We have been using the same four ladies for a while now.

Reactions: Jeffry Mason