We have not seen the last of The Undertaker

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
HHH made that statement tonight on RAW after accepting the Slammy for Match of the Year, HHH vs. Undertaker HIAC at WM. This is the first update we have had on The Undertaker since WM and no-one was sure if he would even wrestle again after the way his match at WM ended.

So now that we know that Undertaker will return sometime in the future what do you want to see him do? Do you think that he will wrestle at WM29 or will he be saved until WM30? Who do you want to see him feud with? When do you see him returning?

Vexxo

Reaction score
I think they should've completely left it until WM30, him appearing at WM29 just means he is either going to be 22-0 at WM30 for what will for sure be his last match by then, 21-1 at WM30, or just 21-0 at WM29 with no match at all at WM30, which all just seems uneven and weird.

I really thought if they were going to give him another match, it would be at WM30 and he'd lose, announcing his return at all was a bad move imo.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I wish they'd just retire him. Have him come back after Mania (I don't want the streak to end, that's why) and put over somebody like Ryback or Damien Sandow in his "retirement" feud.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I really have no interest in seeing Undertaker wrestle again. His gone all year return to stare at somebody every week and say "RIP" before having one match stchik has gotten old. People complain about The Rock 'stealing' peoples Mania spot, Taker does it every year with overrated matches.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Yeah thats why he's matches are always top notch at Wrestlemania with his worst being the one against Giant Gonzalez in his early Wrestlemania match we enjoyed some 3 star matches and after 8-0 the worst matches we got were his second match against Kane and his match with Mark Henry other then that his matches have all been top matches.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
There's still a good couple of exciting matches that Taker could have at WrestleMania but in all honesty i'm just past the point of actually giving a damn anymore especially after the last two years with the HHH matches which I think were extremely overrated.

Punk/Rock/Brock/Cena/Sheamus/Orton would all make for good spectacles imo.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
One reason why I can't really enjoy his matches/feuds is because there's no element of mystery in his matches: you know he's going to win at Mania, no matter what happens.

Another thing is the repeated rematches. We see a match one year, then we have to see it again the next. Coupled with the above point about how predictable his matches are, I haven't enjoyed watching him too much over the past few years.

If we see him at Wrestlemania, I'd like to think it would be against a new name (to the list) who he can make to look strong despite winning. Sheamus is the best candidate, imo. Good, solid guy who can put on really good matches without bumping Taker round too much (as a guy like Ryback, for example, would).

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Taker matches overrated? Who the fuck cares about stealing somebodies Mania spot, that is such a stupid statement it is borderline Blue.

Like Triple H said said at Raw, he is the benchmark, he is one of the best if not the best big men ever. And has only gotten better with age, his matches, at Mania are the constant show stealers and people bitch about that?

Why? Because he isn't around all year for us to start saying how he is soooo stale that he should turn everywhich way but up? Fucking haters.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Taker matches overrated? Who the fuck cares about stealing somebodies Mania spot, that is such a stupid statement it is borderline Blue.

Like Triple H said said at Raw, he is the benchmark, he is one of the best if not the best big men ever. And has only gotten better with age, his matches, at Mania are the constant show stealers and people bitch about that?

Why? Because he isn't around all year for us to start saying how he is soooo stale that he should turn every which way but up? Fucking haters.

Alot of people seem to care about Mania spots being stolen, it was what everyone was complaining about with Rocky.

As for his matches being overrated, they simply are. Especially his ones with HHH, people see Taker at Mania and get rose tinted glasses on, but last years match was just a weapons spot fest with plenty of rest breaks between chair shots and this years was nothing special either. The Punk-Bryan and Punk-Jericho matches were far superior.

He's like Austin in that his returns always follow the exact same formula over and over again.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Alot of people seem to care about Mania spots being stolen, it was what everyone was complaining about with Rocky.

As for his matches being overrated, they simply are. Especially his ones with HHH, people see Taker at Mania and get rose tinted glasses on, but last years match was just a weapons spot fest with plenty of rest breaks between chair shots and this years was nothing special either. The Punk-Bryan and Punk-Jericho matches were far superior.

He's like Austin in that his returns always follow the exact same formula over and over again.

People who bitch about established stars who have proven their drawing worth taking the spots of people who haven't drawn shit, shouldn't have opinions, because they are talking out of their asses in regard to people talking about the Rock taking someones spot. I don't want to go another long diatribe about how you don't deservee shit, you gotta take it, because I'm starting to feel like a broken record.

But in regards to Taker's matches being overrated.....I say why? Sure his last two matches with Triple H were mainly weapons and hardbumps, because that was the story they were telling. Triple H wanted to prove he is better than Shawn Michaels by doing the one thing he couldn't do, and he knew he wasn't going to outwrestle Taker, because Shawn failed to outwrestle Take two years in a row. He was going to beat Taker by any means neccesary and thats what he tried to do. This was to further cement The UnderTaker as the undisputed MAN(albeit a deadman) in the WWE.

Rose-coloured glasses my ass. Just because there were restbreaks doesn't mean guys like Punk and Bryan did better amtches because they didnt have any. All it means is that Triple H and Taker do this one little thing called PSYCHOLOGY......Meaning they were milking the crowd for all tehy were worth. Not just waiting for the simple mind "This Is Awesome" chant. They were leaving memories that will be used in every Mania moment for years to come. Maybe if Punk and Danil Bryan slowed some of their shit the fuck down, they will get that type of response. But they don't.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Just goes to show you can pick apart anything and make it sound bad.

If Taker/Trips was "just a bunch of chair shots", then Punk vs Bryan was basically kicks and chops and little else. If I wanted to watch a kung fu exhibition I'd throw on a Jet Li film not watch those two stinking out the ring.

Taker is still one of the best workers period but theres little else to do, either pull the trigger on the Cena mega match or have him face someone new like Sheamus/Del Rio, etc. No point retreading old feuds like Punk and Lesnar, we've seen it all before on lesser PPV's so can't pretend its a Mania worthy match now.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Presumably, Triple H was alluding to Wrestlemania. If that's the case, the only logical choices are Cena and Punk. Cena's the only guy I can think of who's anywhere near the level WWE have built Undertaker to, and Punk has the Best In The World/Long-ass title reign stuff to make him a believable contender. Just please no more fucking HBK/HHH, they've had their goddamn turns. The first Taker/Shawn match I thought was great, but since then the choices to face Taker (HBK/HHH) really did nothing for any of them aprt from bumping up Taker's record.

I know a lot of people want him to put over, or at least face, someone a lot younger like Barrett, Ziggler or Ryback, but Cena and Punk are the only WM matchups left I'd really like to see with Undertaker, since I think he should've stopped after 20 wins in the first place.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Taker is one of the main reasons why people tune into Mania. Take that away, Mania pretty much has fuck all. Aside from that, who does WWE have that can draw better than Taker? Cena comes close, but when it comes to merch around Mania, Taker takes all.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Taker is one of the main reasons why people tune into Mania. Take that away, Mania pretty much has fuck all. Aside from that, who does WWE have that can draw better than Taker? Cena comes close, but when it comes to merch around Mania, Taker takes all.

That's fine and all, but Taker can't wrestle forever. Or perhaps even much longer. Sooner or later WWE will be forced to get themselves a new attraction. If it isn't time to start preparing for that now, I don't know when is.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
People who bitch about established stars who have proven their drawing worth taking the spots of people who haven't drawn shit, shouldn't have opinions, because they are talking out of their asses in regard to people talking about the Rock taking someones spot. I don't want to go another long diatribe about how you don't deservee shit, you gotta take it, because I'm starting to feel like a broken record.

But in regards to Taker's matches being overrated.....I say why? Sure his last two matches with Triple H were mainly weapons and hardbumps, because that was the story they were telling. Triple H wanted to prove he is better than Shawn Michaels by doing the one thing he couldn't do, and he knew he wasn't going to outwrestle Taker, because Shawn failed to outwrestle Take two years in a row. He was going to beat Taker by any means neccesary and thats what he tried to do. This was to further cement The UnderTaker as the undisputed MAN(albeit a deadman) in the WWE.

Rose-coloured glasses my ass. Just because there were restbreaks doesn't mean guys like Punk and Bryan did better amtches because they didnt have any. All it means is that Triple H and Taker do this one little thing called PSYCHOLOGY......Meaning they were milking the crowd for all tehy were worth. Not just waiting for the simple mind "This Is Awesome" chant. They were leaving memories that will be used in every Mania moment for years to come. Maybe if Punk and Danil Bryan slowed some of their shit the fuck down, they will get that type of response. But they don't.

Taker v HHH II was an average hardcore match that any two wrestlers could have done. their HIAC match was an average HIAC match as well.