WCW World Champion to TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
TNA Wrestling officials recently asked three-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion Diamond Dallas Page, 54, if he would consider returning to the organization—he had a brief run in 2005. He declined the company's offer as he is not interested in returning to the wrestling industry at this time. He is now an actor, fitness guru and motivational speaker.

Thank god for that. They really don't need another 40+ yet alone 50+ year old in TNA or wrestling for that matter.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm actually sad that DDP didn't come as he can offer more in the ring than the ECW guys, Hogan, Sting, Nash, Foley, and so on if he is anywhere close to what he was years ago in TNA.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I like DDP but don't care to see him in 2010-2011 though.

Reaction score
We don't need another 50 year old in the company. I wish TNA would focus more on their younger talent. I can't watch a full edition of Impact anymore because the company is such a mess.

The Flash

Reaction score
I think TNA needs to focus on their younger talent and forget about washed up has beens. I like DDP but he doesnt need to come back and take the spotlight away from younger guys. Bad enough that Hogan is already doing that.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Good god, ANOTHER old geezer in TNA? I remember when the company used to be about the young guys. It's like the total opposite end of the spectrum now. Oh well, at least DDP turned them down. I was never much of a fan anyways.

Though I give him credit, his presence always screamed "WCW". I wouldn't necessarily call him "underrated", but he was definitely an unsung staple of that promotion.

darklight

Reaction score
I talked to him after an interview he did at a local cable station before the last NWA Legends convention here in Charlotte. He's been saying the same thing for years now. Keeps his name out there and helps sell the yoga program.

Hiplopâ„¢

Reaction score
glad he didn't accept, i like DDP but hes way too old and TNA needs far less old geezers.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The last time I saw him was when he did an interview with Luger, Piper, Beefcake, and some other guys for that movie The Wrestler. Talking about how the life of a wrestler is a lot like a stripper's... but I never got the comparison. :/

Don Draper

Reaction score
DDP turned down TNA's offer to join? That's not a bad thing, that's a GOOD thing!

I was a fan of him when he was in WCW but I have no interest in seeing another 50+ year old take screen time away from a talented younger wrestler.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
What purpose would DDP have served in returning to TNA? He'd probably be active for a few weeks and then be forgotten about. I'm glad he turned them down.