• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who would you rather won the war?

• WCW

• WWE

Results are only viewable after voting.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
WCW made too many poor decisions. They gave out too much guaranteed money, too much creative control to their wrestlers and everything was about the present.

WWF really had their back to the wall. They were in danger of going under. But they did the only thing they could. They used what they had rather than worry about what they didn't have

Look... I get what everybody is saying & I tried to make it clear when I posted this. I didn't post this & ask WHO won or HOW they won.
I didn't mean who "should" have won as in who deserved to win based on the decisions they made towards the "war" at-that-time.

I meant who should've won as in.... would wrestling be better today & as a whole if they did & went on forever.

Yeah.... WCW made some horrible decisions at the time & YES WWF during the war did use what they had & do it well.... THEN!

BUT RIGHT NOW... AND FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS OR MORE THEY SUCK... THEY NEVER CHANGE AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL! WCW WAS ALWAYS CHANGING!

...They didn't give out too much money when Ted Turner had an unlimited fucking supply of money.

All I'm saying is... they won for all the wrong reasons, Vince's ego. He's ruined the industry since. His programming is shit, has been shit & is going to remain shit for a very long time. WCW's programming went up & down all the time because different people ran the place. Vince is an evil dick who treats employees like slaves, he exploits cancer victims, death & anything else he can. Anything to make a buck just like Bret Hart always said about him. He just will do anything to try & be a celebrity & he cares zero about professional wrestling.

He eliminated the word "WRESTLING" from fucking WRESTLING! ...How can that be good for WRESTLING as a whole? ...I mean everybody obviously already thinks & talks about how crazy & stupid his decisions are, he's ridiculous!

Last edited:

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Sooo no one is going to say it...okay I will. WWE only won the war because of them changing from Wrestling to Trash TV aka The Attitude Era.

And I will add this to your statement:

**Which Vince stole from Paul Heyman... if it wasn't for WCW/ECW in the first place, "WWF" would've sucked & after everybody was gone to steal from, it did suck!

Vince got lucky to find Hogan the first time he was successful... who was a star on his own & every promotion wanted him, Vince just got him because he had the biggest platform. He's not some GENIUS like everybody claims... obviously if you look at his recent track record. After that WWF sucked until the attitude era came along.

[doublepost=1532093926][/doublepost]
I guess the right promotion won. I mean, they did have the better show.

They did.... for a very small period of time it was a way better show. Like... it was amazing

OUTSTANDING

....For a short time, it really doesn't make up for the way Vince has made it a laughing stock before & since IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
And I will add to the statement

*Which he stole from Paul Heyman... if it wasn't for WCW/ECW in the first place, "WWF" would've sucked. After everybody was gone to steal from, it did suck!

He got lucky to find Hogan... who was a star on his own & everybody wanted him. Vince just got him because he had the biggest platform. Then it sucked until the attitude era came along.
I mean both WCW and WWF got more "hardcore" and "edgy" due to ECW in a sense because they saw how decently well they were doing and so both wanted a piece of the pie, you know the edgy teen/young adult and people who loved trash tv and will buy anything associated with it. What is even sadder is to think about all the talent WWF "stole" from ECW and WCW and did absolutely nothing with.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I mean both WCW and WWF got more "hardcore" and "edgy" due to ECW in a sense because they saw how decently well they were doing and so both wanted a piece of the pie, you know the edgy teen/young adult and people who loved trash tv and will buy anything associated with it. What is even sadder is to think about all the talent WWF "stole" from ECW and WCW and did absolutely nothing with.

True... WCW guys even have said that. WWE always put their own guys over WCW guys first instead of basing it on talent.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Lol WWE has its run of the mill Raw show that caters heavily to the casual fans (because of money) with little tastes of truly engaging stories and matches for hardcore fans. Smackdown is little more hardcore based, while NXT caters to indie marks and freaks. 205 Live is focused on quick paced action and getting better at stories. They have tournaments that are indie and hardcore, as well as special content.

You don’t have to like everything about WWE and in some ways I get they rinse, wash, and repeat the same garbage for the sake of money, but in the same breath, they have more content and hardcore shit than ever before. The wrestling, overall, is far more superb and some of the stories are pretty good.

With that being said, saying that WWE just sucks for the past 10 years is complete bs. Comparing it in any faculty at this point to the complete Shit show that Eric ran is bs. Eric had a few moments of interest for me in WCW, but very few and far between. Again, he had some good names and lived off Hogan, Goldberg, Sting, Flair, NWO, etc. but from a booking or good wrestling stance, it was completely a 100% hit or miss.

Fuck WCW man. Lol.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Lol WWE has its run of the mill Raw show that caters heavily to the casual fans
Have you seen the ratings? Casual fans are not watching. Casual fans only watch when the stories are good. The Harcore fans are watching because they are used to eating shit. Hardcore fans are the worst cuz they watch no matter what

• Haha
Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Have you seen the ratings? Casual fans are not watching. Casual fans only watch when the stories are good. The Harcore fans are watching because they are used to eating shit. Hardcore fans are the worst cuz they watch no matter what
Do you know what a casual fan is? Literally what you said is the exact opposite. Haha

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
That would mean that hardcore is now casual and casual hardcore Hahahaha.

• Haha

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Do you know what a casual fan is? Literally what you said is the exact opposite. Haha
Casual fans have interest in WWE but they ain't watching every week. Most Casual watch Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania when the quality increases. Ratings are the low as fuck right now. Casual fans are not watching.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Casual fans have interest in WWE but they ain't watching every week. Most Casual watch Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania when the quality increases. Ratings are the low as fuck right now. Casual fans are not watching.
That is literally the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. A casual fan watches no matter what and is a sheep and doesn’t really care too much about quality. Hardcore watch sometimes and enjoy some stories because they love quality and are usually veterans to the product and/or have seen tons of other vendors for wrestling, etc.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Lol WWE has its run of the mill Raw show that caters heavily to the casual fans

Casual fans will change the channel on WWE real quick because they try to be cool & come off as lame, if they aren't normally wrestling fans, they aren't going to watch.

truly engaging stories and matches

LOL!

Smackdown is little more hardcore based

It's a little better of a show... A LITTLE, for now, still has the stink of WWE on it though & it still sucked forever before that & it will suck again real soon, stay tuned.

NXT caters to indie marks and freaks
lol this is just funny

205 Live is focused on quick paced action and getting better at stories

The only reason it doesn't suck yet is because Vince doesn't care enough about it or smaller guys to put his shitty 2 cents in

You don’t have to like everything about WWE
Thank god because it blows in all aspects and has and will continue to do so.

Fuck WCW man. Lol.

I fucking love WCW

• Haha
Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Casual fans will change the channel on WWE real quick because they try to be cool & come off as lame, if they aren't normally wrestling fans, they aren't going to watch.

LOL!

It's a little better of a show... A LITTLE, for now, still has the stink of WWE on it though & it still sucked forever before that & it will suck again real soon, stay tuned.

lol this is just funny

The only reason it doesn't suck yet is because Vince doesn't care enough about it or smaller guys to put his shitty 2 cents in

Thank god because it blows in all aspects and has and will continue to do so.

I fucking love WCW
Beyond idiotic. Your vague replies, little jabs, and assumptions compared to what’s actually happening in WWE is a joke. Lol I’m done with this thread. You’re entitled to be wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

Redboy123@

Reaction score
That is literally the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. A casual fan watches no matter what and is a sheep and doesn’t really care too much about quality.
Well I guess casual fan means a different thing from wherever you are from. Casual fan from where I'm from mean someone who is a fan but isn't dedicated. A casual football ban is someone who watches only a few matches a week compared to a dedicated fan who watches every match. That's why they are called casual because they are casual about there support for that team.

Someone who watches every WWE show every week are hardcore fans. Because they are hardcore fans. The clue is in the name. Casual fans mean they are casual and hardcore fans mean they are hardcore.