WCW Lives: Phase One

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gambit

Reaction score
Thunder.png

May 9 2001
Hard Rock Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

The inaugural episode of WCW Thunder in the WCW relaunch begins with a brief pyrotechnical display at the stop of the stage. The Joint, apart of the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. It’s a raucous crowd in attendance. We get a quick glimpse of particular fans with signs for their favorite wrestler or just being animated before the image dissolves to the announce position where Tony Schiavone and Mark Madden are located.

Tony Schiavone: It’s the return of WCW Thunder on TNT. Hello, everyone! I’m Tony Schiavone, alongside my broadcast partner Mark Madden, we welcome you to the program. What a week it has been for World Championship Wrestling. We returned with the Big Bang, where Goldberg recaptured the WCW World Heavyweight title for the third time, defeating Booker T, who was a double champion, holding both the World title and United States title. We saw the return of Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, The Outsiders, to WCW. The debut of amazing Cruiserweights such as Super Crazy. It’s been a wild week and there’s no signs of slowing down.

Mark Madden: The craziness you’ve come to know from WCW that’s for sure. Shane Douglas, The Franchise, took out DDMe. Who knows when, if ever, he’ll be back. I know The Franchise has requested time tonight to explain his actions. I can’t wait to hear from him. The Steiner Brothers will also have words for Goldberg. And WHO KNOWS what those two psychos are going to do.

Tony Schiavone: Also, tonight in action The WCW World Tag Team champions, Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo, will be in action against The Jung Dragons. Bam Bam Bigelow will team up with 3 Count to take on The Filthy Animals in Six Man Tag action. First up, former Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero Jr goes one on one with the debuting Yoshihiro Tajiri.

Thunder Dividers.png

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Yoshihiro Tajiri

Thunder Dividers.png

The former Cruiserweight champion and member of the esteemed Guerrero family, Chavo Guerrero, looks to get back on track with a win in the opening contest of Thunder, facing off against new comer Yoshihiro Tajiri, who is coming off of a tremendous run in Extreme Championship Wrestling. The commentary team, joined by “The Professor” Mike Tenay, allude to this by saying he cut his teeth on the American scene in “barbwire city”. As the two engage in a collar and elbow tie up, Chavo Guerrero makes the first move, trapping Tajiri in an arm wringer, but the Tokyo native counters with an arm wringer of his own before snap marring Chavo Guerrero Jr to the mat for a flash pin, but doesn’t even get a one count. Any time Guerrero manages to get the upper hand, Yoshihiro Tajiri quickly counters, frustrating the former Lt. Loco. Instead of chain wrestling, Chavo switches tactics, kneeing Tajiri in the stomach before Irish whipping him into the ropes. Tajiri bounces off the ropes. Chavo Guerrero swings his arm out for a clothesline, but Tajiri ducks underneath Chavo’s arm, stops on a dime and—

THWACK!!

Chavo Guerrero Jr’s head rocks back, seemingly in a daze as he gazes up towards the ceiling from a pin point side kick to the chin. Tajiri takes off towards the ropes, performing a handspring into them, using the momentum of the ropes Tajiri back handsprings towards Guerrero with a Flying Elbow. The Japanese Buzzsaw waste no time going for the cover, but only gets a count of one. Chavo Jr crab walks to the ropes, using them to aid himself getting up. As he turns around, Tajiri’s right leg is coming at his head with a round kick, but Chavo narrowly avoids it and shoves Tajiri into the ropes. Yoshihiro Tajiri’s chest hits the ropes and he ricochets off as Chavo Guerrero drives an elbow into Tajiri’s back. Chavo Guerrero spins him around and sets up for a Powerbomb, but Tajiri reverses it into a Flip Over DDT!! Chavo Guerrero Jr’s head is spiked into the mat. Another cover from Tajiri yields a count of two this time.

Tajiri further displays his martial arts expertise mixed with some dazzling Lucha Libre. After every highlight reel maneuver Tajiri performs, it seems he’s getting closer and closer to victory. However, Chavo Guerrero Jr, keeping up with the Guerrero family tradition of lying, cheating, and stealing (I know this phrased was coined in WWE, but WCW did allude to this same thing when Eddie was there), drops to his knees pleading with Tajiri for mercy before he grabs a handful of The Japanese Buzzsaw’s tights and flings him through the middle rope out to the floor. A loud thud echoes through the arena as Tajiri collides with the mat on the floor. Chavo Guerrero Jr is admonished by referee Charles Robinson before Chavo Jr rolls to the outside and throws Tajiri face first into the corner post, following up with an Irish Whip into the guard rail. For the next several minutes of the match up, Chavo Guerrero Jr is in the driver seat, showing everyone why he was recently the champion of the Cruiserweight division. Chavo Jr body slams Tajiri into the mat with authority before climbing out on to the apron and leaps over the top rope for a somersault senton, a trademark maneuver of his uncle Eddy Guerrero. Chavo only gets a count of two for his efforts. The grappler formerly known as Lt. Loco proceeds to use his size against Tajiri, firing off a series of European Uppercuts that rock the Japanese Buzzsaw. However, Yoshihiro valiantly fights back with a punch combination followed by two roundhouse kicks to the chest. A round kick to the head drops Chavo Guerrero to his knees. Tajiri proceeds to size him up before swinging a Side kick to the face, but Chavo Guerrero evades it and goes for a roll up pin. He only gets a count of two.

Chavo goes to work on the leg of Tajiri, performing a Aregentine Leg Lock. Tajiri refuses to submit to the hold. Chavo even breaks out the Loco Lock which is his rendition of a Cross-legged inverted STF. Still, Tajiri shakes his head “no”, letting Charles Robinson know he still refuses to submit. Eventually, Tajiri manages to escape the hold and attempts a front dropkick to a kneeling Chavo Jr, but the former Cruiserweight champion catches Tajiri’s legs and rolls into a single legged Boston Crab, pulling back as much as possible to place a lot of torque on Tajiri’s knee. A few more minutes of punishment from Chavo Jr before he sets up for the Gory Bomb, but Tajiri rallies back hits the Buzzsaw Kick, stunning Chavo Jr for the Buzzsaw Brainbuster for the pin fall victory.

WINNER: YOSHIHIRO TAJIRI

Tony Schiavone: Unbelievable!

Mark Madden: Tajiri beat Chavo?! Tajiri beat Chavo!!

Mike Tenay: In his debut bout in World Championship Wrestling, Yoshihiro Tajiri just beat the former Cruiserweight champion!!

Tony Schiavone: If you aren’t impressed by the performance of Tajiri, with his marital arts kicks and high flying maneuvers, I don’t know what to tell you. He was incredible. He’s certainly going to be someone “Sugar” Shane Helms, or Super Crazy should he emerge victorious at The Great American Bash June 17th, could be hot on their heels.

Mike Tenay: WCW has been known for being home to the best Cruiserweights in the world. Rey Mysterio Jr, Kidman, Helms. We’ve also got upstarts like AJ Styles, Elix Skipper, Super Crazy, and Tajiri in the ranks. Surely the Cruiserweight division will be more competitive than ever before, and that’s a tall order given the lineage of the championship!!

Yoshihiro Tajiri’s hand is raised in victory. However, the celebration is short lived as Chavo Guerrero Jr jumps him from behind, knocking him down with a forearm to the back of the head!! Chavo Jr stomps on Tajiri repeatedly before picking him up by the hair. Chavo Jr jaw jacks with Tajiri for a moment as he has a handful of Tajiri’s hair.

UNTIL TAJIRI SPEWS THE GREEN MIST!!

Tony Schiavone:
My god! The mist!

Mike Tenay: A trademark of The Great Muta!

Mark Madden: Someone get the championship committee on the phone. Call the president. Chavo Guerrero’s career could be cut short due to this. The green mist severely blinds a person. He may never be able to wrestler again! He can’t Stevie Wonder a wrestling career!

Tony Schiavone: He got what he deserved by attacking Yoshihiro Tajiri after the bell!

Chavo Guerrero Jr stumbles around blinded by the mist. His arms flailing about for anything that will support him while he suffers from blindness. Tajiri rifles off another Buzzsaw Kick, rendering Chavo Guerrero Jr unconscious on his back against the canvas. Tajiri poses to the delight of the fans, who seem to have taken to the Japanese Buzzsaw.

Tony Schiavone: What a way to kick off the program, folks! It’s WCW. This is Thunder. And we’ve got more insane action to come!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Thunder Dividers.png

Thunder on TBS returns with audible jeers as “Perfect Strangers” by Deep Purple begins to play.

Tony Schiavone: Welcome back to WCW Thunder. As you can hear, we are about to see “The Franchise” Shane Douglas come out. I’ll be interested to know what exactly Douglas will have to say. Especially pertaining to his actions on Nitro. Folks, in case you missed it, Diamond Dallas Page was scheduled to team up with Goldberg to face The Steiner Brothers in the Main Event. However, Shane Douglas attacked DDP as he was entering the arena.

Mark Madden: Shane Douglas said he was going to make a statement in this “new and improved” WCW, and what a statement indeed. The King of Bada Bing suffered a big ding to the noggin. Suffered a stinger cause he took a Pittsburgh Plunge on a road crate. Who knows how long he’ll be out.

By this time, “The Franchise” Shane Douglas emerges from behind the curtain with a dastardly smile. The Franchise is decked out in black slacks with a gold shirt and chain on. Douglas soaks in all the disapproval from the Vegas audience.

Tony Schiavone: Look at him. Shane Douglas is so proud of himself.

Mark Madden: As he should be! He’s the talk of the town. I’ve heard he’s had to stay here under an alias cause all of the women trying to get to his hotel room. And if anyone knows how to slay the ladies, it’s The Franchise. He had Torrie Wilson for god sake! Might as tear down Space Mountain.

Tony Schiavone: You better hope Flair doesn’t hear you say that. None the less, Shane Douglas is riding high on his “accomplishment”.

Shane Douglas saunters down to the ring, climbs inside the squared circle and yanks the microphone from David Penzer. Without any hesitation, Douglas begins to speak.

Shane Douglas: Cut the music!

The music dies down, but the boos remain just as loud. There is a sea of Diamond Cutter hand gestures in the crowd. A murmur of DDP chants start before growing louder, drawing the ire of The Franchise.

Shane Douglas: Cheer all you want, but isn’t here! And what won’t be a very long time.

The crowd boos.

Shane Douglas: If there’s one thing for certain about The Franchise, it’s that I am a man of my word. When I say I’m going to do something, it gets done. I promised you all at Big Bang that you were going to truly see what The Franchise was all about. I promised to give you the man who put an entire local promotion out of Philadelphia on his back and lead it to national recognition. I promised you I was going to live up to the name of The Franchise. While I didn’t wrestle on Nitro, I think made quite the impression if I do say so myself.

Shane Douglas snickers, lowering the microphone for a moment.

Mark Madden: Tell ‘em, Franchise!

Douglas brings the microphone back up to his face to resume speaking.

Shane Douglas: Because I took out your favorite. Your hero. Your… “People’s champion”.

Shane Douglas scoffs at the words, but his demeanor turns to disdain before he says the following words.

Shane Douglas: A Franchise…

The crowd comes alive with cheers.

Shane Douglas: Page, I’ll give you credit where credit is due. You, an unlikely success. An underdog in every sense of the word, started wrestling well into your thirties and turned yourself into a World Heavyweight champion with all the odds against you. Whenever anyone speaks of World Championship Wrestling, you’re one of the names that’s springs to people’s minds first. Whether I like it or not, you are a franchise in WCW. To director in the production truck, I want you to show everyone at home these people in the crowd. Show them all the fans who support Diamond Dallas Page.

The camera cuts around the crowd who have the Diamond Cutter hand sign high into the air.

Shane Douglas: Take a look, Page. Marvel at the fruits of your labor. They love you. This isn’t hyperbole. This isn’t just promotional tactics, you’re the franchise of WCW… which is why I took you out.

The crowd erupt with jeers once more. A chant of “Douglas Sucks” begins, drawing an annoyed expression from former leader of The Revolution.

Shane Douglas: You’ve had a great run, Page, but it’s over. I am THEE Franchise in the sport of professional wrestling. WCW is mine now. I don’t give a damn about Goldberg holding the Big Gold belt, the most prestigious prize in our sport because it’s only a matter of time it will find itself around my waist. My ascension to the upper echelons of World Championship Wrestling, to hold the World’s Heavyweight championship, starts with you. The foundation will be built on top of your legacy, DDP. These people think I’m just some middle of the card wrestler. I am not a bottom tier guy. I AM THE PINNACLE OF THIS SPORT!

More boos fill The Joint.

Shane Douglas: Boo all you want. I could give a rat’s ass what it is you people want. You fans may not like it, but you’ll learn to love it. Because WCW will belong to “The Franchise” Shane Douglas. DDP, mark my words, your ass will be franchised!

With those closing remarks, Shane Douglas slams the mic down as Deep Purple’s song “Perfect Strangers” starts playing. Douglas climbs up onto the second turnbuckle posing to the dismay of the crowd.

Tony Schiavone: The message has been received. Shane Douglas promised he was going to live up to the moniker of The Franchise. And in his mind, the only way he can do that, at least is how it sounds to me, is if he end’s the career of Diamond Dallas Page.

Mark Madden: Well, to be the man you’ve got to beat the man, right? I guess if you want to be the franchise, you’ve got to beat the franchise. At this moment it time, perhaps it just sounds like a cute nickname for Shane Douglas instead of an indisputable fact. If I were Dallas Page, maybe I would consider retirement. After all, I’m from Pittsburgh. It’s not that far off from Philadelphia. I’m well aware of the reputation Shane Douglas built down there. I know all of the horrible things he’s done to other wrestlers. He broke a man’s neck for Christ sake! Tony, DDP has went to war with the likes of Randy Savage, Goldberg, and Bret Hart. However, I don’t think he’s ready, nor understands the depths Shane Douglas is willing to go in order to come out on top.

Tony Schiavone: If there is one word DDP doesn’t know the meaning of, Mark Madden, it’s quit. I’ve never seen Diamond Dallas Page run away from a fight before. I don’t think he’s going to start now. None the less, Shane Douglas has his sights set on the three time World Heavyweight Champion from the Jersey Shore. Fans, still to come on tonight’s program The Tag Team Champions Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire take on the Jung Dragons. We’ve got The Steiner Brothers going to come out and address the fans. Up next, we’ve got Mark Jindrak to face Jerry Lynn one on one. Don’t go anywhere.

Thunder Dividers.png

Mark Jindrak is performing biceps curls with a resistance band, warming up for his match. Stacy Keibler enters the scene with a smile on her face. Jindrak takes notice of Stacey and stops his warm up, smiling back at the former Miss Hancock.

Stacy Keibler: I just wanted to wish you luck in your match tonight.

Mark Jindrak: Thank you.

Stacey Keibler slowly moves towards Jindrak, running her fingers down his chest. A gesture that takes Mark Jindrak by surprise.

Stacy Keibler: I’ll be watching very, very closely.

Jindrak grins as Stacy walks backwards, biting her lip as she winks as him. The former Natural Born Thriller looks as if he’s lost in fantasy for a moment before shaking the notion and getting back to bicep curls.

Thunder Dividers.png

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Thunder Dividers.png

Thunder Dividers.png

Jerry Lynn vs Mark Jindrak

Thunder Dividers.png

The thirteen year veteran Jerry Lynn certainly isn’t going to win a test of strength against the younger 6’6 253lbs Mark Jindrak, so Lynn implements a more grappling base approach while trying to keep out of Mark Jindrak’s grasp. The former Mr. JL certainly frustrates the two year pro, who argues with the referee that Jerry Lynn could be using illegal tactics to gain an advantage over him. Stacey Keibler walks out at the top of the ramp to watch this bout with great interest. Eventually, Mark Jindrak takes notice of Stacey’s presence, briefly flashing a smirk before focusing back in on Jerry Lynn. For a man his size, Mark Jindrak is very agile, hitting a Springboard Asai Moonsault after being whipped into the ropes by Jerry Lynn. In a bit of innovation, Jindrak hoist Lynn into the air in a Powerbomb position before launching Jerry Lynn over his head and dropping him chest first into the top rope, knocking the wind out of Lynn. Jerry Lynn doesn’t have time to catch his breath as he gets turned inside out by a devastating Lariat by Jindrak. This sequence only gets a count of two, but Stacey Keibler likes what she sees, applauding Jindrak.

Stacey makes her way down towards ringside, flashing a smile at Jindrak, who appears a bit smitten. He poses to Keibler’s delight. This distraction allows the grappler formerly known as Mr. JL to regroup and mount some offense on the young Jindrak. Jerry Lynn begins using his quickness against Mark Jindrak to maintain an offensive advantage and keeping the inexperienced Jindrak off balance and frustrated. Keibler slams her fist against the canvas to rally behind Jindrak. At this point Shawn Stasiak has marched down to the ring, arguing with his valet/love interest. The two begin to argue with Stacey pleading her innocence in this situation. Mark Jindrak wipes out Jerry Lynn with a superkick. Instead of going for the cover, Jindrak rolls to the outside putting himself in between Stacey and Shawn Stasiak with the two arguing and getting into a shoving match. Jerry Lynn planchas over the top rope, wiping out Stasiak and Jindrak. An unintended collateral damage in this maneuver is Stacey. Nick Patrick, the referee for this bout, goes to check on Keibler, throwing up an “x” symbol for the ringside doctor. Jerry Lynn pays no attention as he rolls Jindrak back into the ring.

An angry Shawn Stasiak gets up and slides into the ring, clubbing Lynn in the back of the head. Jerry Lynn doubles over with Stasiak hoisting him up in the air for his iteration of the Death Valley Driver he refers to as “The Perfect Plan”. Lynn is on the ground unconscious with Shawn Stasiak giving him a few choice words. Mark Jindrak launches Stasiak over the top rope and hurries up to cover Jerry Lynn. At this point, the ringside doctor is by Stacey’s side and Nick Patrick slides into the ring to count the pin.

MARK JINDRAK

Shawn Stasiak is sitting up on his knees, displeased about the results of the bout.

Tony Schiavone: Shawn Stasiak wanted revenge for what happened to himself and Stacey, but he didn’t mean to help Mark Jindrak win the bout!

Mark Madden: Smart by Jindrak to seize the opportunity presented to him. Good on Jindrak, Tony!

Tony Schiavone: You’re right, Madden. I’m not even going to argue with that. If you can take the way, take the win.

Mark Jindrak and Shawn Stasiak share a brief glance at one another. Jindrak shrugs and smirks before exiting the ring. He walks over to Stacey Keibler checking in on her. Shawn Stasiak marches over and gives Jindrak a hard shove. The two exchange words and before they have the chance to come to blows security members come in between them to separate the two with Mark Jindrak back tracking up the ramp, raising his arms in victory.

Thunder Dividers.png

In the locker room, Evan Karagias and Shannon Moore are preparing for the Six Man Tag Team Main Event. Bam Bam Bigelow marches in, barring a disgruntled look on his face. Karagias and Moore stop stretching to acknowledge Bam Bam, who stands before them with his hands on his feet.

Bam Bam Bigelow: You two ready?

Evan Karagias: Of course, man!

Shannon Moore: Don’t worry about it.

Bam Bam Bigelow: First off, watch your mouths. Don’t tell me how to feel. I had two clowns as partners at Big Bang, who cost me a win and the winner’s purse. I’m not going to be embarrassed again by The Filthy Animals of all people. You understand that?

Evan Karagias: Look, we’ve faced them before. Shannon and I are a team. Not like Jindrak and Stasiak. Our head’s will be in the game.

Bam Bam Bigelow: Leave the boy band dances moves in the back. You two mess this up and I promise you’ll be in a world of hurt. You got me.

Shannon Moore: Don’t sweat it, Bammer. Trust us.

The Beast From The East stares a hole through 3 Count. Silence fills the room. Bam Bam nods his head, grinning as he leaves.

Thunder Dividers.png

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Thunder Dividers.png

Thunder Dividers.png

Chuck Palumbo & Sean O’Haire vs Jung Dragons (Jimmy Yang & Kaz Hayashi)
Thunder Dividers.png

It’s the first since WCW’s return the Jung Dragons are in action. They look ready to go, but unfortunately for Kaz Hayashi and Jimmy Yang, they are competing against the very angry WCW Tag Team Champions of the World, who have had their championship titles stolen by The Outsiders. It’s noted on commentary due to the brawl The Outsiders and The Champions had on Nitro in the Casino that WCW officials have ruled the two teams will not be allowed to touch one another until Palumbo’s punches noticeably seem stiffer, but Sean O’Haire throws punches and kicks that could be near knock out blows. O’Haire even risks losing the bout by not breaking before the count of five. Despite being angry as well, Chuck Palumbo has to step into the ring to join the referee in reasoning with a very disgruntled O’Haire, displaying a near psychotic gaze. Sean O’Haire pushes through the Charles Robinson and Chuck Palumbo and biel throws Kaz Hayashi twice. Jimmy Yang attempts to save his partner, but he gets a superkick to the face, stunning Yang before he’s launched over the top rope, crashing into Kaz Hayashi!!

At this point, Palumbo convinces O’Haire to tag out. While Palumbo goes to work on Hayashi, a thumb to the eye changes the momentum. The Jung Dragons proceed to make quick tags with high octane offense in hopes of putting Palumbo away, but to no avail. The offensive onslaught of Jung Dragon is short lived as Palumbo manages to hit a leaping European Uppercut to Yang, driving both men to canvas before Palumbo tags in O’Haire. Sean O’Haire leaps into the ring hitting a series of kneeling Clotheslines to Yang and Hayashi followed by a pair of spin wheel kicks, finishing off with a two back suplex side slams. O’Haire goes for the cover on Hayashi, but Jimmy Yang breaks it up. Chuck Palumbo is back in and Jungle Kicks Yang, sending him flying through the second rope out on to the floor. During this sequence, Kaz Hayashi rolled out on to the apron. He springboards off the ropes, looking to catch Palumbo by surprise but he eats a Jungle Kick to the face. Sean O’Haire waste no time coming off the top rope with a Seanton Bomb for the victory.

WINNERS: CHUCK PALUMBO & SEAN O’HAIRE

Charles Robinson raises the Tag Team Champions in the air to signify their victory. Sean O’Haire yanks his arm away as he paces around the ring, still seething about what has transpired over the past couple of weeks. Chuck Palumbo gotten the microphone from ring announcer David Penzar.

Chuck Palumbo: This is a message to The Outsiders. You’ve got something that doesn’t belong to you. That fight in the casino is child’s play compared to what’s coming for the two of you. I think you’re lucky the WCW brass has enforced a “no contact” policy. If not for that, we’d be in your face right now AND take our belts back!

Chuck Palumbo passes the microphone to Sean O’Haire, who’s walking back and forth across the ring like a caged lion. Before he speaks, O’Haire stops at the center of the ring. The camera pulls in on the intense expression on Sean O’Haire’s face.

Sean O’Haire: Hall. Nash. Count your blessings. Thank Bischoff, the Championship Committee, and whatever deity it is you worship. More importantly.. pray.. pray that by the time Chuck and I get finally get the two of you in this ring, we show a shred of mercy to you. What you saw tonight was just a taste of what I’ve got in store for the two of you. You may have dominated WCW for years, you have ran rough shod over the tag team division, but those days are over. The sands in the hour glass is slowly starting to dwindle. Take those titles you have in your possession, and give them a long look over, boys. Because it’s the last time you’re going to see them. June 3rd. Great American Bash. Your asses belong to us!

O’Haire slams the microphone down on to the mat before storming out of the ring. Palumbo gives a few parting words to the ringside camera before exiting and joining his partner up the ramp.

Tony Schiavone: Well, there you have it, folks. The Tag champions, Palumbo and O’Haire, have issued the challenge to The Outsiders for The Great American Bash, our next Pay-Per-View event. Mark Madden, what must The Outsiders be thinking right now?

Mark Madden: Tony, you and I both know Scott Hall and Kevin Nash are big fan of mind games. They don’t fear a lot of guys in this sport. They once held an entire show hostage with baseball bats and the police nearly drew guns on them! So I know they’re probably laughing and having a good time at Palumbo and O’Haire’s expense, but I think they might need to take these guy’s a little more serious. Especially Sean O’Haire! The look in that man’s eyes. It’s as if there isn’t a soul behind those eyes. He’s ready for a fight.

Tony Schiavone: Folks, we were promised an interview with The United States Champion, former World Heavyweight champion, Booker T, for Nitro. However, Booker T opted out, for his was too upset to comment on what happened at Big Bang. Earlier today, Scott Hudson had a sit down interview with Booker T to discuss what’s happened with him recently. Let’s rolls the tape.

Thunder Dividers.png

It’s a studio setting with leather chairs across from one another. In one chair is Scott Hudson and the other is Booker T, who seems despondent as the United State championship sits in his lap.

Scott Hudson: Ladies and gentlemen, I’m Scott Hudson, and joining me at this time is the WCW United States Heavyweight champion Booker T. Booker, you and I were supposed to conduct this interview live in the ring on Nitro. However, you had felt you weren’t prepared to in front of a crowd. Emotions were running high. Can you tell me a little bit about that?

Booker T: Well, let’s wind the clock back a little. I’m out for two months because of an injury. I come back, I beat Rick Steiner for this here United State championship.

Booker T briefly holds up the US title before it rest back in his lap. Booker stares down at it for a moment before looking back up at Scott Hudson.

Scott Hudson: And one week removed from Greed, you beat Scott Steiner on the Night of Champions to gain the World Heavyweight championship for the fourth time in your career.

Booker T: ….Yeah….

Scott Hudson: It’s now around the waist Goldberg, who returned at your mystery opponent. However, we have to talk about your left leg. What exactly happened and have you spoken to doctors?

Booker T: I strained my patella as I hit the rope trying to catch DDP with the Harlem Side Kick. It made walking a little bit of a challenge, I was ready to compete. And like I always say, “don’t hate the player, hate the game.” Well, I don’t hate Goldberg capitalizing on my injury. Honestly, I can’t even be mad at Eric Bischoff for making the match. I’ve never backed down from a fight. I always want to prove myself against the best of the best, and Goldberg is amongst the very best in World Championship Wrestling.

A deep, painful sigh escapes from Booker T. He lowers his head into his right hand for a moment.

Booker T: I was The Double Champion. I held two titles simultaneously. I looked forward to the challenge. I overcame DDP, a guy who gives one hell of a fight, too, I might add… I escaped the Spear- the first time. Couldn’t find my way out from in front of that freight train a second time cause I was so focused on the injury..

Scott Hudson: So what’s next for Booker T? You still have the United States Heavyweight title.

Booker T lifts up the United States once again, staring at it.

Booker T: Obviously, I’m going to defend this title against any and everybody… and I’m going to make a promise right now. I had goals to be a Double champion and defend both belts separately, even in the same night.. I’m going to work my way from the bottom up. I will clean my way through every US title challenger until they give me The World Heavyweight champion- be it Goldberg or anybody else. I will be undeniable. The next time I challenge for the World title, I will be holding this belt. I will do what I set out to do in this new WCW.

Scott Hudson: It’s the unwritten rule of World Championship Wrestling, he who holds the US title is the number one contender to the World Heavyweight championship. And you want to climb up the ladder by successfully defending the United States title.

Booker T: Yes.

Scott Hudson: Lofty ambitions from the US champ, the former World Heavyweight champ, Booker T. Booker, thank you for you time. Let’s send it back to the announce booth.

Thunder Dividers.png

COMMERCIAL BREAK
Thunder Dividers.png

Thunder Dividers.png

3 Count (Evan Karagias & Shannon Moore) & Bam Bam Bigelow vs Filthy Animals (Billy Kidman, Konnan, & Rey Mysterio Jr)

Thunder Dividers.png

Unlike Bam Bam’s last encounter with The Filthy Animals, his partners for tonight are more cohesive. The trio use the quickness of Karagias and Moore to counter act that of Kidman and Mysterio while using the advantage of Bigelow’s size and strength. Bigelow and 3 Count attempt to isolate Konnan, who has a history of injuries as of late. Bam Bam Bigelow performs a Samoan Drop which is followed up by a moonsault from Evan Karagias which is followed up by a 450 Splash from Shannon Moore for a near fall. K-Dawg, using the height and weight disparity between himself and Moore, manages to get on the offensive, tagging in Billy Kidman before Irish Whipping him into the ropes and as he bounces back to the center of the ring, Billy Kidman connects with the jaw of Shannon Moore with a Dropkick. The Filthy Animals begin to find their rhythm, making quick tags and using double teams and triple team maneuvers to cut off the ring and maintain control of the match.

Meanwhile, The Beast of The East paces back and forth on the apron, barking words of “encouragement” to Moore. Evan Karagias stands up for his partner to Bam Bam, but Bigelow is none too happy with Karagias’ retort. Shannon Moore is only able to tag out to 3 Count partner Karagias after Bam Bam performs the Body Avalanche to Kidman after illegally entering the ring. From this point on, 3 Count and Bam Bam Bigelow put the Filthy Animals’ Billy Kidman on the defensive. 3 Count make quick tags in and out with Bigelow quarterbacking the team, calling out moves and strategies. At any point it seems Kidman is managing to turn the tide, Bam Bam Bigelow steps in to shut him down. The Beast From The East occasionally cast a side eye at 3 Count or shouts disparaging words at both of them, refusing to lose a second time to The Filthy Animals in six man tag action. Kidman finds himself trapped in his opponent’s corner with Evan Karagias hip gyrating to the dismay of the audience and Bam Bam before charing into the corner

Kidman gets the boot up.

Evan Karagias stumbles back as “The Kid” delivers shots to both Bam Bam and Shannon Moore, knocking them both off of the apron. Kidman hops up to the second rope, leaping off for a Flying Back Elbow. Both men are down. Bam Bam and Shannon Moore pop back up on the apron, holding out their hands for a tag. Meanwhile, Konnan and Rey Mysterio Jr are firing up the crowd, waving their arms high into the air and stomping their feet as they hold out for the tag. Kidman tags in Mysterio. Evan Karagias tags in Shannon Moore. Rey Mysterio Jr comes in like a house of fire, ducking a clothesline attempt by Moore hitting a front drop kick. Bam Bam Bigelow enters the ring and gets hit with a Spinning Heel Kick that sends him stumbling back into the ropes dazed. Mysterio launches himself towards Bigelow, sending him flipping over the top rope with a Crossbody. However, Mysterio manages to hang on to the top rope, landing on the apron. Shannon Moore gets on his feet with Rey Mysterio spring boarding off the top rope with a Hurricanrana into a cover.

ONE!!!!

TWO!!!

THREE!!!

WINNERS: FILTHY ANIMALS

The referee raises arms of the Filthy Animals to signify their victory. The trio hug and celebrate their victory to the delight of the fans. On the floor, Bam Bam Bigelow kneels besides the apron in shock. Bam Bam gets to his feet and slams his fists into the apron repeatedly before storming off.

Thunder Dividers.png

The trademark sirens sound throughout The Joint as “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner along with his brother Rick Steiner emerge on stage to a chorus of boos. However, The Steiner Brothers don’t care. In fact, they begin to antagonize the crowd.

Tony Schiavone: Well, forty eight hours ago on Nitro, The Steiners lost to Goldberg in a handicap match. Once the match was over, Scott Steiner hit Goldberg from behind with a lead pipe before applying the Steiner Recliner.

Mark Madden: Ya know, Tony, Scotty must have been in a good mood. Because that’s all he did! I think it could have been a lot worse from The Steiner Brothers.

Tony Schiavone: In a way you maybe right, but talk about some sore losers. The Steiner Brothers lost to Palumbo and O’Haire the night before, trying to capture their 8th Tag Title reign together.

Mark Madden: You’ve got to wonder about Goldberg, too. I’ve heard he’s here in the building. I would be looking over my shoulder if I was Scott or Rick Steiner.

The Steiners climb into the ring. Scott Steiner rips the microphone out of Dave Penzer’s hand, shoving him in the process and demanding he exits the ring. Penzer, not wanting any harm to come to him, throws his hands up and quickly exits the ring. Big Papa Pump signals for his music to be cut.

Scott Steiner: Kill the damn music!

The crowd shower Scott Steiner with jeers.

Scott Steiner: Ah, shut the hell up, you Twinkie scarfing fat asses!

The boos grow louder.

Scott Steiner: Ever since Monday night, I’ve heard people whining and crying about what we did to Bill Goldberg. How I needed to use a pipe to take Goldberg down. I don’t need a pipe to wreck that stupid sonovabitch!

Fan erupt in chants of “Goldberg”, sending Scott Steiner in an even more irate state then he already is in. Rick Steiner, although not happy with the chant, tries to calm his brother down.

Scott Steiner: Chant his name all you want. I don’t give a damn! Goldberg sucks! And he’s lucky he got to face Booker T at Big Bang. If it had been me, Goldberg wouldn’t have won the World title, nor even be in WCW right now! He ain’t as big as me, he ain’t enough of a man as me, and he ain’t a genetic freak like me!

Big Poppa Pump does a double bicep pose before kissing them.

Scott Steiner: Goldberg is another piece of white trash outta Atlanta! He doesn’t come from Detroit, Michigan. Do you know how much of a bad ass you gotta be to be from Detroit?! Do you wanna know the things you gotta do to survive in Michigan?

Scott Steiner pauses for a moment, turning his attention to his brother Rick, who’s nodding along in approval. A smile comes across Big Poppa Pump’s face as he places a hand on Rick’s shoulder.

Scott Steiner: Rick, before I go any further… you know I love you to death. You helped me get my start in the business. You elevated me up to your level. You helped make me into the wrestler I am today. We’ve had a tremendous run together. You and me, taking on the world and winning championships.

The crowd, turning off their current hate in turn for nostalgia, applaud. Rick girls, nodding once again.

Scott Steiner: The fact of the matter is… YOU’RE NOT ON MY LEVEL ANYMORE!

Rick Steiner’s smile fades into a look of bewilderment. Somewhat angry, the Dog Face Gremlin begins to berate Big Poppa Pump and wonders what his brother is on about.

Scott Steiner: I tried to do the right thing teaming with you again at Big Bang. I tried to bring you up to MY LEVEL! You see, Big Poppa Pump is bigger than The Steiner Brothers! And you cost us the match against those goofs Palumbo and O’Haire. AND YOU COST US THE MATCH AGAINST GOLDBERG! You’re not sinking me, brother. You dropped the ball.

Rick Steiner: I dropped the ball? What the hell are you talking about? You son of a bitch! It’s a two man effort!

Scott Steiner: You dropped the ball!

WHAM!!

Scott Steiner rams the lead pipe into the gut of Rick Steiner, doubling him over in pain.

Tony Schiavone: What in the world?!

Mark Madden: Scott Steiner betrayed his brother… again!!!

Scott Steiner hits Rick Steiner over the back with the pipe!!

The Dog Face Gremlin collapses to the canvas. Big Poppa Pump repeatedly hits his brother with the pipe. Referees come out attempting to intervene, but Scott Steiner takes them out one by one.

Mark Madden: Scott Steiner is certifiably insane!

Tony Schiavone: There’s no doubt about it! There’s going to be fines for this, but I don’t think Scott Steiner has much regard for that.

After dispatching of the officials, Scott Steiner applies The Steiner Recliner on his brother. Rick tries his best to loosen his brother’s grip, but he can’t seem to break it. Eventually, Rick fades in the hold and Scott Steiner throws him down.

Scott Steiner: To survive in Detroit, you gotta do anything you can. In WCW, in order to get the WCW World title… I just beat the crap out of my brother. Goldberg, just imagine what the beating I give you is like!

Big Poppa Pump exits the ring and begins walking up the ramp.

Tony Schiavone: Boy, Scott Steiner must feel real proud of himself. Attacking his brother, his own flesh and blood, in such a nasty way.

Mark Madden: Scott Steiner doesn’t care about his brother, authority, rules, or Bill Goldberg.

Big Poppa Pump stops his stride in the center of the aisle way, slowly turning around to stare back into the ring. Scott puts his hands on his hips for a moment with pondering expression on his face. Suddenly, he marches back down to ringside headed straight for the Time Keeper’s table.

Tony Schiavone: What is he doing?

Mark Madden: I have no earthly idea, Tony. Is he going to beat up the Time Keeper now?

The Time Keeper and Dave Penzer wisely get out of dodge. However, Scott Steiner doesn’t seem interested in them. The Big Bad Booty Daddy picks up a steel chair, slamming it shut, and storms up the steps on to the apron. Meanwhile, Rick Steiner slowly starts to come to consciousness, picking himself up off of the mat.

WHAM!!!

RICK STEINER IS CRACKED OVER THE HEAD WITH A STEEL CHAIR!!!

Tony Schiavone: Good God!! Enough is enough. That’s your brother, Scott!!

Mark Madden: I gotta agree. This is getting hard to watch. This is beyond wrestling now.

Rick Steiner lies on the mat unconscious and busted open. Blood starts to trickle down his forehead onto the mat. Scott Steiner proceeds to ajar the chair open slightly, putting his brother’s head in between it. Big Poppa Pump scoops up the lead pipe before he ascends to the second rope. He stands up and takes a pause, gazing down at his motionless injury prone brother.

He comes off of the ropes smashing the chair with the lead pipe!!!

Rick Steiner is grasping for air, clutching at his throat flailing around. Scott Steiner stomps his brother repeatedly before to allow him the opportunity to put the chair back around Rick Steiner’s head.

Tony Schiavone: No, God, no! He’s going to do it again!

Mark Madden: Can we get the police? Somebody?! Somebody has to stop this now. Rick Steiner could be injured. His career possibly over. Tony, I’m a fan of Scott Steiner, but I don’t like this one bit.

The jeers morph into cheers as GOLDBERG sprints down the aisle, sliding into the ring, and winding up to deck Scott Steiner, who’s already made a bee line out of the ring.

Tony Schiavone: Goldberg has arrived!

Mark Madden: Of all people, too! After what happened Monday night between him and Rick Steiner being apart of the attack, I’m surprised.

Tony Schiavone: Goldberg is a lot things, Madden, but a despicable no good son of— jerk isn’t one of them!

Goldberg glances periodically down at Rick Steiner, hesitant to take his glance away from the belligerent Scott Steiner, who’s slowly advancing up the ramp, but also taking steps back towards the ring yelling obscenities at The World Heavyweight champion. After Big Poppa Pump is half way up the ramp, Goldberg kneels down besides Rick Steiner to check on him. Rick Steiner can’t speak. He sounds as if he’s choking.

EMTs are sprinting down the aisle with a stretcher. They rush into the ring and immediately check on Rick Steiner. Goldberg stomps towards the ropes, leaning over and yelling back at Scott Steiner.

Goldberg: YOU’RE NEXT!

Scott Steiner hurls an obscene gesture towards Goldberg. The two are jaw jacking back and forth as Thunder comes to a close.

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESLTING 2001 (C)

Attachments

• Thunder.png
    Thunder.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Gambit

Reaction score
BOOKER’S NOTE

Life got busy and took me longer to finish this episode than I would have liked. I’ll also apologize if it feels a little disjointed towards the end. In all honesty, I may have also rushed so I can get started on the next Nitro and the fun idea I have for that episode.

In working under a bit of the parameters of what the Fusient sale entails, writing both Nitro and Thunder may become a bit of a grind. So I’m considering making Thunder a strictly recap show with certain segments possibly getting a full write up. Just so I don’t get burnt out and keep the writing of shows a little quicker in some aspects. I have a lot of fun idea. It’s just getting there.

There definitely won’t be a huge gap in shows for a looong time.​

DTP

Reaction score
There was so much good that could have happened with WCW continuing on in 2001. I explored the possibility in working on the Attitude Project, though feasibly I elected to stick with the InVasion angle with my own personal spin.

I've seen the Hard Rock Cafe used as a main venue quite a few times. It certainly isn't outside of the realm of possibility to see this venue used like Universal Studios was for TNA. Sharp debut for Yoshihiro Tajiri, who no doubt would have been a very good hire for the company in 2001. Beating Chavo Guerrero Jr was big as well, given how protected Chavo was in the cruiserweight division. The commentary was effective in listing what your aims for the division are, boasting talent from the other big two companies. I would have perhaps saved the green mist for a more crucial time than his debut, but it is a crucial part of the characters.

It's hard to picture Shane Douglas in the upper card in the 21st century, but at least promos with Diamond Dallas Page would benefit this program greatly.

Jerry Lynn coming in is another good hire. Hopefully we get to see pull the old Mr. JL rib on him...if only Chris Jericho was still employed here. I don't know if I'd have put him against Mark Jindrak, as the size difference would have been hysterical. The right man won, though. I suspect we have a love triangle on our hands between the Natural Born Thrillers and Stacy Keibler.

Bam Bam Bigelow and Three Count is certainly...a dynamic. I'm not against it, but hopefully it's a one-night thing and not a Tank Abbot ordeal.

Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire would have benefitted from opponents who could carry them like the Jung Dragons. Not bad - I do feel like Palumbo and O'Haire were promising WCW World Tag Team Champions until WCW folded, and WWF took their legs from under them. I'm in two minds about the Outsiders returning, to put it lightly. Kevin Nash already had his feud with the youngsters, whereas Scott Hall carried baggage already in 2001. I'm not too sure Eric Bischoff would have taken his chances at this stage.

The Filthy Animals going over Three Count made sense, but I have to wonder what the long-term is beyond a good win for Rey Misterio Jr, Billy Kidman and Konnan.

Scott Steiner and Goldberg is a no-brainer big angle. Good set up here with Scott again turning on Rick Steiner. You'd think he'd have learned last time this happened. It's a remarkable way to build an angle, and I did like Goldberg running him off. Sweet cliffhanger.

Reactions: Gambit

Gambit

Reaction score
NEWS

K-KWIK has been released from the World Wrestling Federation. K-Kwik, on the independents known as K-Krush, was teaming with "Road Dogg" Jesse James from November of last year until January when Road Dogg was released. K-Kwik could make his way back to NWA Wildside, a promotion he wrestled for before signing with the WWF, or could be in WCW should they decide to add more bodies to the roster.

Norman Smiley could find himself back in the squared circle for WCW sooner rather than later. Smiley, along Finlay, split duties of being agents and trainers for WCW developmental talent. Eric Bischoff seem keen on using Smiley's amateur background as well as his participation in the UWF in Japan, hoping to bring a different style to World Championship Wrestling- much like the high flying style of the Cruiserweight division. Finlay was approached as well, but he seems keen on performing his duties as an agent and trainer for the time being.

Psicosis, Alan Funk (Kee Wee), Johnny The Bull, Glacier, and Hugh Morris have been approached about Per Appearance Deals. Fusient Media have allotted a small number of slots for long term deals. With the per appearance deals, this will allow WCW to rotate some of their main roster talents out to avoid 50/50 style booking.

Eric Bischoff has managed to restore WCW's relationship with New Japan Pro Wrestling. Due to Vince Russo's booking decision to put the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title on Juventud Guerrera on an episode of Nitro soured the Japanese promotion on working with WCW. While in preliminary stages, both organizations with send talents over throughout the year to come. Great Muta is one name immediately thought to make an appearance in the coming months. Young Lion's Hiroshi Tanahashi and Katsuyori Shibata will also be joining him for their American excursions.

Ultimo Dragon, who has not competed since late 98 due to an arm injury and botched surgery and runs Ultimo Dragon Gym, could possibly send his students down to WCW. CIMA, Dragon Kid, and Tokyo Magnum have made appearances on WCW television in the past. The deal would work much like the New Japan young lion's excursion as Ultimo Dragon's student compete in Toryumon Japan. This could also aid in bringing more Luchadors into he fold as Ultimo Dragon has a school in Mexico along with Jorge "Skyade" Rivera,

Eric Bischoff is looking to broker a deal with AAA or CMLL in hope of bringing another wave of Luchadors into WCW. Juventud Guerrera attempted to get in contact with Bischoff. However, due to incident during a tour of Australia, where he was under the influence of PCP and arrested, Bischoff isn't too keen on doing business with The Youth Warrior any time soon.