WCW, If it had of Survived, what would it be like?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John

We all know the monday night wars ended when Vince bourght WCW off of ted turned. i have recently read Eric Bischoff, Jericho's and Rick Flair's book and they talk about the awful time in WCW. WCW seemed to be a place of business and alot of things going on at one given moment. Rick flair also lost his confident in there which he later resumed thanks to Vince. anyway WCW was dieing when Eric went on a vacation, then Vince Russo came in to destroy it even more. now think of this, the situation has changed, Vince Russo was not apointed head of booking commitie. someone else was and they survived and WWE sold all their stock to Eric and ted. and WCW was the big company now instead of WWE, what would it be like? personally i think the wrestling world would not have many fans left, what do you think the wrestling world would be like now-a-days?

Viva!

Reaction score
I think a competing promotion like WCW would only be good for pro wrestling and it would bring in more fans.

WWE has nothing to compete against, TNA aren't even close, so it only causes complacency. The Monday night Raw Is Wars used to be as good as the PPVs nowadays. That was every week at the end of the 90s and it was because they were fighting for their audience.

I want some new big competition. Ill always be a loyal WWE fan but I think a spot of competition always produces the best results.

Montana

WCW

Cody Rhodes
Charlie Haas
London
Kendrick
Regal
Booker T
Rey Mysterio
Jeff Jarrett
Chuck Pulumbo
Chavo G.
G. Helms
Jimmy Wang
Cage
AJ Styles
Tomko
Chris Sabin
Elix Skipper
Eric Young
Robert Roode
Jay Lethal
Petey
Joe
Steiner
Jack Evans
Jamie Noble
Goldberg
Abyss
Mike Elgin
Sting
Hall
Nash

I think they would have a lot of the guys in TNA, and few more wwe guys. WCW always focused on smaller cruiser weights, thus Jack Evans,london, kendrick and Noble i put in WCW.

I think their style would be similar. Big hyped up matches. Good wrestling from the mid card. Washed up main eventers.

C4

If WCW would have been alive today, there would have been no TNA and WWE would have lost half of it's popularity amongst the fans. It's hard to predict what would have happened with WCW but it's pretty much understandable that guys like Booker T and Golderg would have never come to a WWE show..

theovertaker

Reaction score
if WCW survived the wwe wouldn't be as popular and wouldn't have half there main eventers and tna and ecw wouldn't be here now in short WCW was still here the face of pro wrestleing BUT if the wwe owned it probobly would be like ecw is now

MikeRaw

If WCW would have been alive today, there would have been no TNA and WWE would have lost half of it's popularity amongst the fans. It's hard to predict what would have happened with WCW but it's pretty much understandable that guys like Booker T and Golderg would have never come to a WWE show..

WWE wouldnt have lost any. Because they were more popular when wcw was around back then, and the product by both brands would be better today, thus havign more fans. Anyways, it would be the same as it is today (the wrestlign world) except WCW wouldve eventually ran out of oldasses and had the guys from tna/wcw/independants and been more of a threatto wwe than tna is.

Blitzkrieg

Reaction score
Towards the end WCW seemed to be passing the torch to the younger generation. Ever seen Luger/Bagwell vs. O'Haire and Palumbo? Luger and Bagwell got squashed by them! Booker T and Steiner were the top men in the company and the cruiser weight division which had been eroded at since 1998 was in resurgence. Lots of the talented guys in TNA, such as AJ Styles, were in WCW. It's hard to say what might have happened but WCW seemed to be moving towards a purer style of wrestling which would've been a direct contrast to WWE.

Hardy90

Reaction score
WWE didnt even have stock untill after WCW went down