Waste of a tag team?

• Thread starter The Rated R CMStar
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

No, this is not a thread bitching about Jericho's partner being The Big Show. This is just a thread wondering if WWE might be going to push this two way to down on the card.

I mean, they are going to face Cryme Tyme at Summerslam, and granted, CT are over, but they don't exactly scream BIG FEUD for a team that is going to supposedly dominate the WWE. Add that to the rumors of the other teams that WWE are going to throw at JeriShow (Ezekial/Kozlov), and I am thinking the champions are going to be way to down on the card?

Thoughts?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I actually like when world champs move down in the card. I don't like when they stay in the main event their entire career. It brings up the prestiege in the titles when they have them and have good feuds, also it helps elevate the mid card guys, and at the same time, giving them something to do so they aren't forgotten, waiting until it's their time to return to the main event.

barley96

Reaction score
I actually like when world champs move down in the card. I don't like when they stay in the main event their entire career. It brings up the prestiege in the titles when they have them and have good feuds, also it helps elevate the mid card guys, and at the same time, giving them something to do so they aren't forgotten, waiting until it's their time to return to the main event.

It will take more than a couple of former world champions to elevate the status of the Tag Team titles. There are only four teams in the division and Jericho&Big show were a couple of wrestlers thrown in together. This leaves Legacy, The Hart Dynasty, and Cryme Tyme. Four teams is not enough for a strong division.

Reaction score
I'd say anything containing the Big Show these days is a complete waste of your time, my time, money and physical resources being allocated to the actual performance of the match.

ratedrko09

Reaction score
I'd say anything containing the Big Show these days is a complete waste of your time, my time, money and physical resources being allocated to the actual performance of the match.

i think you're putting down big show too much. i guess a long title reign would be good for both since they haven't had a long tag title reign and if that happens they can show their dominance and then elevate either the hart dynasty or cryme tyme

Reaction score
I think they're just starting at the bottom, and as they dominate they'll move to bigger and more 'set' tag teams. So even though they're facing CT now, they might be facing DX in a few months (as an example) - and that's when the fueds with the smaller teams, and the victories will play out on their dominance. The fued with the bigger tag team will also determine their dominance.

So I think they will become a very dominant tag team, just right now they need the building blocks to construct that pedestal.

TitoFan09

Reaction score
Big Show and Chris Jericho are horrible Tag Team champs...they don't even go together, it just feels all wrong

Airfixx

Never ceases to amuse me when they hastily mash two themes together for these ‘odd couple’ tag-team... Also seemingly indicative of the haste at which they stuck said random guys together n the first place.

I doubt they’ll have the belts long enough to bring about any drastic improvements to the tag scene...

I’m envisaging:

Jericho/Show beat CT @ SSlam.
Jericho/Show vs DX @ SSeries
DX vs Priceless
Priceless win belts & DX clash in the aftermath.

...Although I want them to face MVP & Henry as they should have a good dynamic to their matches; with both teams having an equal balance of power and technical ability.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I think they're just starting at the bottom, and as they dominate they'll move to bigger and more 'set' tag teams. So even though they're facing CT now, they might be facing DX in a few months (as an example) - and that's when the fueds with the smaller teams, and the victories will play out on their dominance. The fued with the bigger tag team will also determine their dominance.

So I think they will become a very dominant tag team, just right now they need the building blocks to construct that pedestal.

DX (presuming)
Hart Dynasty
Priceless

That's pretty much the "set" tag teams and they're heel. Just drop the titles to CT honestly. Worse set of a tag team in a long time.

P.S. Big Show hasn't been great since his ECW championship run before he retired.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I think this is a great thing. Jericho can draw so much more out his opponents than just about anybody and this is a great way to help elevate other tag teams and talent. Hopefully this means WWE will finally start giving a shit about their tag team division again.

-TJ-

Jericho and Show can flow together. Jericho can be the set up kind of guy, and Show can be the man who goes to the ring and end it. This team can make great chemistry. WWE should realize that the tag team division is still popular. I mean in my decently thought mind, I thought Jericho and Show vs. CT on Raw was actually pretty good, cept for the ending. Along with that, I thought the Hart Dynasty vs. CT was also pretty good. WWE needs to give the tag division some more tag teams, so more established would be nice, and to give them the time to put on good matches.

There's my 1 cent. >.>

MizMasta3000

What would bring more prestige and excitement to the TT division is if more original TT went into nice feuds like Hart Dynasty and CT could have put on a nice program.

^^^^^^I was hoping Eziekiel and Kozlov would feud